Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Chilwell vs Schlupp

Chilwell vs Schlupp  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Based on their appearances for Leicester, who is the better fullback

• Chilwell
    • Schlupp

Daft poll. Chillwell has only played 27 times for Leicester. Schlupp played 122 times. Also Schlupp played as a left wing back or winger the only time he played left back consistently was in the championship so impossible compare.

Why not give your silly polls that are in fact thinly veiled digs a rest and show a bit of patience and get behind our young players.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 3

Another pathetic attempting to Hack Off a Young developing Player...

In 6 Months If will be Diabate....

Crap posters,crap Fans,crap 30% of this Forum...unless some of the decent

Fans want to prove such dross wrong....

What a miserable Generation we have on this Forum...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

calm down, i would estimate that around 80% of the vitriolic comments on here are from trolls or derby/forest fans on the wind up.

Schlupp is more complete than Chilwell.

Granted Schlupp would make the odd mistake putting crosses into row Z but he was a competent in the LWB role and integral during 13/14; 14/15 and 15/16. A great utility player - did little bits of link up play that often went unnoticed.  

It's early days for Chilwell who lacks the experience of Schlupp. Also not sure what Chilwell's win and goals conceded record is but I can imagine Schlupp's is way better.

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Pot and kettle come to mind.

• Haha 2

Was bouncing off the walls when we sold Schlupp, and not just because it was for £12m, which all things considered, was the deal of the century, but also because like Chilwell, he had zero end product. 99% of his shots either ballooned over the bar or was closer to the corner flag. Had raw pace and power but no skill when he needed it most.

Chilwell has potential, absolutely bags of it, and he is my pick of the two. Ben has had flashes of brilliance but they are all too far between. Needs some time out on loan at a lower level so he can raise his game. Worked for the likes of Vardy, it could work for him.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why the forum is so anti-Chilwell. He has made numerous errors this season (from a youngster what a shock!), but is positive in many of the games we play. On Saturday he was one of the most positive players, driving forward with the ball when recieving it from Kasper and helping to build up the play with Gray and later Diabate. He wasn't to blame for Stoke's goal and was not hauled off like Simpson for a reason. He needs to work on his defensive work and decision making, but you would expect that from a young player. He is nowhere near the finished article but using him as a scapegoat is so unfair. He is literally one of our own, having come through the youth system and I think he deserves a lot more opportunities before we pass judgement.

To answer the question, I'd pick Chilwell over Schlupp any day of the week.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, shade said:

calm down, i would estimate that around 80% of the vitriolic comments on here are from trolls or derby/forest fans on the wind up.

I am AS a kitten,AS a feather floating in the wind,

A hammock swaying in the breeze

A leaf floating gently,with the currents upon the air,

Serenity has a Dove,in the skies,and an Eagle on Wing...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I reckon that would have come with age though. It's impossible to know but when he broke through as a striker he was very young and inexperience and with more game time as a forward the composure might of come over time. Definitely never fulfilled his potential though. 

No it wouldn't. Steve Walsh is bang on as usual. Schlupp is all instinct. Give him sod all time and he'll do something interesting with the ball. But give him time to think and he'll fook it right up. I imagine he's always been that way and always will be.

• Like 1

You have to be kidding me. Schlupp had almost 100 more senior appearances for us than Chilwell has. Chilwell is a kid, of course he's not the finished thing yet. How about we compare them when they've had the same development time, before throwing Chilwell out?

Christ, the people on here.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3