Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Chilwell vs Schlupp

Chilwell vs Schlupp  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Based on their appearances for Leicester, who is the better fullback

• Chilwell
    • Schlupp

On 25/02/2018 at 15:55, StanSP said:

top class, though...?

I would define someone playing in the premier league as top class myself. 

Both Schlupp and Chilwell are thick. Chilwell has the better footballing brain and technique but Jeff is stronger, quicker and much better physically. 

I think both struggle under pressure and when the crowd is getting on the players backs. 

Both would be best suited at wing back for me. Licence to go forward, defensive duties not as important as a full back and both are quick with decent energy. 

On 26/02/2018 at 17:31, Gerard said:

The same Chilwell that tore the Championship a new one with Huddersfield and that has been linked with Arsenal and we turned down a £12m bid from Liverpool?

He's already surpassed your unambitious targets of "lower Prem / high championship".

Unbelievable the flak we give our highly talented young up and coming players on here.

That’s all well and good but this season for US in the PL he’s has been awful

Cant pass, cant defend.

Can run forward, but zero end product.

If you can’t pass a football to your own teammates at 21 years of age  there is an inherent problem.

He could improve,

but we’ve need to sign a new left back in the summer

Schlupp is an outstanding footballer who was undervalued by almost all of our supporters. How we could do with a left winger with his directness, pace and power right now. Our own players voted him player of the season in our great escape and had he not picked up a couple of knocks after that, I'm convinced he would still be our player. Unfortunately, we have a large element of our fan base who slagged off Schlupp, slag off Matty James and Ben Chilwell yet idolised the likes of Sol Bamba who could not defend yet was so dearly loved because he did Cruyff turns in his own 6 yard box and flung his arms about occasionally.

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Schlupp is an outstanding footballer who was undervalued by almost all of our supporters. How we could do with a left winger with his directness, pace and power right now. Our own players voted him player of the season in our great escape and had he not picked up a couple of knocks after that, I'm convinced he would still be our player. Unfortunately, we have a large element of our fan base who slagged off Schlupp, slag off Matty James and Ben Chilwell yet idolised the likes of Sol Bamba who could not defend yet was so dearly loved because he did Cruyff turns in his own 6 yard box and flung his arms about occasionally.

Overstatement of the year.

He was one of the most erractic footballers I have ever seen and had the first touch of a donkey. All pace and no brains. A fast car without a steering wheel which, frankly, isn't missed at all. If we have a problem concerning FBs it might have something to do with the recruiting department, because it's criminal to never got these positions covered in two transfer windows (four counting the january ones).

Chilly over him any day and may Schlupp stay at Palace for all eternity.

Edited by ZeGuy

For any meaningful comparison you should really compare the 2 players at similar stages of their development. 

At age 21 (He’s almost exactly 4 years older than Chilwell) Schlupp was a rotational player at left back with Paul Konchesky and at left midfield with Lloyd Dyer in the Championship winning season. By the end of that season Schlupp had made 75 senior appearances, none of them coming at Premier League level having a made 1 sub appearance with Ghana. 

At age 21, Ben Chilwell is a rotational player with Christian Fuchs for a top 8 premier league side. He’s made 35 senior appearances, 27 of which coming in the Premier League and 8 England u21 caps. 

Im not making any case here either way just pointing out it’s unfair to compare 2016 premier league winner Jeff Schlupp with today’s Ben Chilwell. At the same age, Schlupp had never played a premier league match, which is not the be all and end all of a players quality but still needs to be considered. 

All stats taken from Wikipedia. 

6 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Please don't try to fool anyone by saying how well Schlupp performed at LWB during the great escape.

Everyone knows that the whole thing was orchestrated by Cambiclasso,  both on and off the pitch

:thumbup: