Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Explosion on Hinckley Road

15 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/967891645772550145

Someone needs to hang this awful ****. 

To think a whole generation gave their lives so people like that vile bitch would have the freedom to behave the way she does.

I'm just waiting for the resident Tories to come along and defend her.

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

To think a whole generation gave their lives so people like that vile bitch would have the freedom to behave the way she does.

What?   I don't even understand what she is saying, let alone condone it.  Horrible woman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

she makes her living out of being a troll. Ignore!

I know dude and I can read and ignore (aside from getting riled up) but what worries me is the people who follow her and comment on her shit-posts with genuine support for her. 

there's some horrendous people out there who preach what she says like it's gospel.

46 minutes ago, Buce said:

Don't think I've ever seen a tory on here defend her. Pretty common knowledge she's a cvnt. Don't understand why people post her shit, just helping her out in the end. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

she makes her living out of being a troll. Ignore!

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I feel a little bit sorry for Katie Hopkins to be honest. To have so little discernable talent but to be that desperate for fame that you'd rather be despised than ignored. 

Answer to that is pretty obvious, to be fair. Ignore her till she goes away, she will. 

I live in supreme confidence that the vast majority of my generation growing up in Leicester don't give two ****s what colour their mates are or which imaginary friends their patents pray to at home. 

There might be places multiculturalism doesn't work but this isn't one of them and the only person she's embarrassing is herself. 

I'm not sure if it's that simple. Not as easy to ignore people in the age of mass media where their message is more likely to spread. Some of the stuff Hopkins and her ilk come out with is basically neo-Nazi stuff. It's not trolling, it's vile. You don't ignore stuff like that, you fight it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm not sure if it's that simple. Not as easy to ignore people in the age of mass media where their message is more likely to spread. Some of the stuff Hopkins and her ilk come out with is basically neo-Nazi stuff. It's not trolling, it's vile. You don't ignore stuff like that, you fight it. 

Nail on the head. 

Again - it's somewhat of a glorified comparison but I'm sure there were plenty of people in post-WW1 Germany who just thought Hitler was some ranting crazy that would just disappear if you ignored him - and we all know how that turned out. 

Not that Hopkins has even a small piece of Hitler's ability / intelligence tbh. 

But yeah, just looking the other way and expecting people with this kind of rhetoric to fade away isn't going to happen - not when you've got plenty of people who lap it up. 

The only time I ever see Katie Hopkins stuff is when people get angry about it. She’s horrendous but if people ignored her then bollocks she spouts doesn’t end up reaching more people that actually believe it. 

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 2

There's no way Katie Hopkins believes what she's written, she's just trying to stay in the headlines. She's a leech that feeds off angry replies because every mention will get her into the trending column and probably onto another opinion panel to provide a false argument. Sad way to make a living, but it's obviously worked for quite a while.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah, this. Way back when ignoring the cranks of this type would work, but now with the ease of getting a platform, ignoring folks that spout stuff like this doesn't do much to stop them from reaching people and those people agreeing with them.

I'm not big on confrontation but answering back to this guff is probably the only way that it stops.