Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Wi fi boosters

On 2/26/2018 at 21:31, m4DD0gg said:

Power line adapters are crap, sure you can get internet but anything that requires a bit of bandwidth or latency dependent then forget about it.

Have to disagree with you. I use them on my PS4 for gaming and on my PC for downloading huge files, absolutely no drop in speed or reliability and far better than running off Wifi. Zero lag when gaming

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just the topic im looking for!

Im crap with technology with me being old, im looking to try and get wifi in all rooms in my house, my bt point is in the  front bedroom upstairs and really struggle in the kitchen which is at the back downstairs. Any pointers and recommendations as to what I need gratefully appreciated.

And this is a test on my broadband. Bt infinity. What do the figures indicate? Any good?

20180403_165308.png

Edited by broughtonblue

13 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Just the topic im looking for!

Im crap with technology with me being old, im looking to try and get wifi in all rooms in my house, my bt point is in the  front bedroom upstairs and really struggle in the kitchen which is at the back downstairs. Any pointers and recommendations as to what I need gratefully appreciated.

And this is a test on my broadband. Bt infinity. What do the figures indicate? Any good?

20180403_165308.png

That’s a terrible download speed for BT Infinity, if it’s their fibre broadband. The latency is pretty piss poor too. 

How much do you pay per month? And what did they say your download speeds would be? 

Just now, stix said:

That’s a terrible download speed for BT Infinity, if it’s their fibre broadband. The latency is pretty piss poor too. 

How much do you pay per month? And what did they say your download speeds would be? 

Apparently it is their fibre. £38.53 a month for broadband and phone. We are moving to virgin in June when contract expires to consolidate tv (currently with sky full package ) broadband and phone. No idea what they promised as partner took it out and I moved in with her 

5 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Apparently it is their fibre. £38.53 a month for broadband and phone. We are moving to virgin in June when contract expires to consolidate tv (currently with sky full package ) broadband and phone. No idea what they promised as partner took it out and I moved in with her 

That is a really low fibre speed mate, even if it isn’t actually proper fibre optic, which bt infinity is. 

I would be playing hell with them, even if you are planning on leaving in a couple of months.