Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunny Rhyl Fox

Bournemouth chances of it being postponed ?

45 minutes ago, Wookie said:

The Boro game was amazing, this’ll ruffle a few feathers but (generally) the 8000 there are the best supporters we’ve got.

If you disagree I don’t care.

I'm happy to include myself in that. 

53 minutes ago, Wookie said:

The Boro game was amazing, this’ll ruffle a few feathers but (generally) the 8000 there are the best supporters we’ve got.

I was there with my two sons though it took a while to get past a broken down bus on the Welford Road.

One of the best atmosphere's down at the KP ?

55 minutes ago, Wookie said:

it was an amazing atmosphere for sure, be interesting to see how many turn up tomorrow, the weather is looking worse here now 

No not a chance of it being postponed, have underfloor heating in pretty much every premier league ground. Feel for those Leicester fans travelling from quite far a way and those Bournemouth fans. Wonder what there away end will look like tomorrow? 

16 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

No not a chance of it being postponed, have underfloor heating in pretty much every premier league ground. Feel for those Leicester fans travelling from quite far a way and those Bournemouth fans. Wonder what there away end will look like tomorrow? 

image.jpeg.d033db882e5921403eadbf1ebceffdaf.jpeg

• Haha 3

can those mentioning 'undersoil heating' please realise it's not just the pitch condition which determines whether a game is called off or not.

Everyone knows the pitch will be fine. It's surrounding areas of the ground and access routes to the stadium which come in to question as it affects safety of supporters. If weather conditions are so bad and it's gonna put the safety of the fans in to serious question then they may consider calling it off. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

can those mentioning 'undersoil heating' please realise it's not just the pitch condition which determines whether a game is called off or not.

Everyone knows the pitch will be fine. It's surrounding areas of the ground and access routes to the stadium which come in to question as it affects safety of supporters. If weather conditions are so bad and it's gonna put the safety of the fans in to serious question then they may consider calling it off. 

Not really that valid though, as discussed earlier on this thread that the Middlesbrough game went ahead despite “the safety of fans” not being great and given that there was 8000 there that might many must’ve taken the view it wasn’t safe. The match will still go ahead, whether or not people can get there safely or not is not that relevant to the clubs.

Difference with Boro game was that the away team were at the Marriott. The snow fell around 4 on that day. 

Tomorrow the authorities might look the state of everything first thing and just say call it off. Bournemouth are coming via coach rather than flying. 

16 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Not really that valid though, as discussed earlier on this thread that the Middlesbrough game went ahead despite “the safety of fans” not being great and given that there was 8000 there that might many must’ve taken the view it wasn’t safe. The match will still go ahead, whether or not people can get there safely or not is not that relevant to the clubs.

think you'll find it is :) 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Difference with Boro game was that the away team were at the Marriott. The snow fell around 4 on that day. 

Tomorrow the authorities might look the state of everything first thing and just say call it off. Bournemouth are coming via coach rather than flying. 

Bournemouth players would've travelled today and be in the Marriott or equivalent digs, as someone further up said it's the roads, pavements, services in the surrounding areas that would determine the outcome, it's coming down now harder than at any time this week, if it keeps up who knows.

Boro like Portman Road was forced because of Sky. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

think you'll find it is :) 

IMO fans safety should be taken into account more, I’m not trying to conceal that but you know like anyone else the premier league doesn’t really think about actual fans, or they wouldn’t do “Thursday night football” 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

Bournemouth players would've travelled today and be in the Marriott or equivalent digs, as someone further up said it's the roads, pavements, services in the surrounding areas that would determine the outcome, it's coming down now harder than at any time this week, if it keeps up who knows.

Boro like Portman Road was forced because of Sky. 

What is it like in Leicester right now? Is it snowing hard? I live in Nottingham and it’s fine here right now although it’s been pretty bad in the past couple of days. 

13 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

What is it like in Leicester right now? Is it snowing hard? I live in Nottingham and it’s fine here right now although it’s been pretty bad in the past couple of days. 

It's been coming down consistently for the last hour, unlike earlier this week when all we got were isolated showers, I'd say an inch at best outside now.

44 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Edited by Everygamefox