Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunny Rhyl Fox

Bournemouth chances of it being postponed ?

24 minutes ago, promised land said:

It's been coming down consistently for the last hour, unlike earlier this week when all we got were isolated showers, I'd say an inch at best outside now.

Really? Thats odd considering there’s nothing in Nottingham, although , I’ve heard you’ve not had a whole lot in the past few days

Remember walking to the KP for that Boro game because the car was stuck, took a good two hours, lol pretty sure the club will snow plough the surrounding area if needs be, which I highly doubt. The snow is the heaviest it's been this week, however.

I don’t get what the panic is There is hardly any snow on the floor 

unless we get a couple of feet of snow overnight which is very doubtful there is no need to worry 

I have no doubt whatsoever that the game will go ahead as over the last few seasons we have played with no floodlights in which Nugent actually scored a penalty, have had advertising boards blown onto the pitch and monsoon rain storms 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s pretty covered where I am. About an hour ago I cleared a surface, didn’t think we had had much more since but it’s covered.

Ahh, OK. Lots of people are making it out to be the blizzard of all blizzards!

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Ahh, OK. Lots of people are making it out to be the blizzard of all blizzards!

Not that bad but you know what it’s like over here, the game is more likely to be off due to the distance they travel then how bad the snow is round here.

• Like 1

The pitch will be the least of the problems, I think it will come down both players and fans getting to the stadium. Transport maybe an issue by tomorrow, if travelling by bus most buses have been stopped. Trains uncertain. At the moment it's just consistently snowing. 

It's too cold. I only popped out 5 min walk at work to get dinner and I was absolutely freezing. Can't ever remember being this cold.

Edited by Fox92

Weather Channel says it’s snowing until 4am. I know several Bournemouth fans who are snowed in down south. If it goes ahead, will be a strange atmosphere, in fact I’d be happy if it were called off.

• Like 1

I live in the city centre virtually, about a couple of inches on the ground ( I am a man, so not man inches, real inches lol ), still snowing, but main roads should be clear by kick off.

Side streets will be the main problem, we are not tv like the boro game, can see this getting postponed 

8 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I live in the city centre virtually, about a couple of inches on the ground ( I am a man, so not man inches, real inches lol ), still snowing, but main roads should be clear by kick off.

Side streets will be the main problem, we are not tv like the boro game, can see this getting postponed 

Southampton v Arsenal the other month should've been called off but it wasn't so who knows.

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Really hope it’s on, plenty of time for the authorities to get the roads clear before 3 pm.

Easy to sort out the round around the ground, not so easy on side roads. Also depends on how the roads are up from Bournemouth and if the police think it's safe for a few thousand people to travel.