Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunny Rhyl Fox

Bournemouth chances of it being postponed ?

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

They're good weather Players,this is our best Chance to get at them...Put the Heating Up in their

Changing room,posters of the warm Bournemouth beach.....Then when they come Out to Play...

we'll Hit em Like a snow-storm,. Mahrez the Blizzard wizzard,Vardy to Drift inside to Score,

Maguire to Hit 'em Like an avalanche,and Kasper to make them sgoal-blind...

What a melt you are!! 

• Haha 2

You can guarantee some players will be wearing gloves and short sleeved shirts

Remember being at Leicester poly back in the 70s and the lad I was with was from the then Rhodesia we walked out into the snow at lunch and he just stood there amazed -never seen it before.

19 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Sheffield has had another blast last night. Tricky getting off the hills here. Should make it providing the trains are sound.

The East Mids train that goes from Sheffield to the smoke has just tramped through my village so it is running, roads are fine too.

Game on surely.

25 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

My main concern is parking availability. I usually park on Freeman’s Common. Anyone know what the conditions are like around there?

Gut instinct would be to stay away from there mate, the Hill out of there will be like a ski slope.

17 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Gut instinct would be to stay away from there mate, the Hill out of there will be like a ski slope.

Freemans common the circle will be clear will have been heavily gritted for the market traders this morning.

All the roads off of it will be shite.

I rekon most of them should be called off but the Premier League won't do it. I may not bother anyway, we got snow again last night up here. Dunno if I want to drive an hour just to be freezing, sit in a poor atmosphere and see about 50 Bournemouth fans. 

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I rekon most of them should be called off but the Premier League won't do it. I may not bother anyway, we got snow again last night up here. Dunno if I want to drive an hour just to be freezing, sit in a poor atmosphere and see about 50 Bournemouth fans. 

plastic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

People like me, do you know me or my intentions.

At what point me commenting on the sides streets being a problem suggests I won’t be at the game.

Do you think I just know the health and safety world we live in, and know it’s likely the police and other emergency services will do a risk assessment and probably call it off.

Do I think they will take into consideration  the travel dangers for those out of the city, the accessibility for emergency vehicles on poor roads with 32000 extra people in the area, the risk of slipping and the extra pressure put on emergency services.

Like I say I hope it’s on, I don’t like Saturday’s without football, but it’s definitely at risk of being called off.

This is exactly what I meant the complete overthink of less then an inch of snow 

game was never going to be called off for what little snowfall we had 

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

This is exactly what I meant the complete overthink of less then an inch of snow 

game was never going to be called off for what little snowfall we had 

I have been out driving in it this morning, as I need my usual pre match cob from bakery, and a couple of inches of snow doesn’t concern me.

Main roads are clear and a doddle, just to warn those who park down the sides streets, they have not been gritted and the snow is compacted and very slippery.

Just a heads up for those who park off the main roads, and maybe bring a shuffle as it not deep, but if you get stuck, it can easily be scraped off the road

13 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Just a heads up for those who park off the main roads, and maybe bring a shuffle as it not deep, but if you get stuck, it can easily be scraped off the road

Can't wait to see a load of fans get out of cars doing a shuffle, could be the days highlight.

I've just been to Sturgess on Aylestone road to get my car, no problems at all, infact the roads are very empty, burger van on the corner of Saff Lane is there.

Freemans Common down that end where you can park with no restrictions looked snowy though, some sliding getting out of there after the game.

16 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I have been out driving in it this morning, as I need my usual pre match cob from bakery, and a couple of inches of snow doesn’t concern me.

Main roads are clear and a doddle, just to warn those who park down the sides streets, they have not been gritted and the snow is compacted and very slippery.

Cheers pal ...   when I drive in I will fill my boot with shuffles ...    :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, promised land said:

Can't wait to see a load of fans get out of cars doing a shuffle, could be the days highlight.

I've just been to Sturgess on Aylestone road to get my car, no problems at all, infact the roads are very empty, burger van on the corner of Saff Lane is there.

Freemans Common down that end where you can park with no restrictions looked snowy though, some sliding getting out of there after the game.

lol autocorrect, look right when I wrote it, but let’s like you say the shuffle dance on these pavements is definitely on, be like an 80’s disco lol 

• Like 1