Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Riyad Mahez - We’ll miss him when he’s gone

he really pissed me off last night especially when he'd beat Yoshida who had slipped was in a good position to cross and instead decided to beat Yoshida again and got tackled, he should have been subbed instead of Nacho

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

Not only last night. It's exasperating sometimes when he receives the ball in a break situation, cuts back and starts heading across field. His other trick is to over complicate matters by trying to beat too many players.... and winding up being dispossessed.

He has wonderful silky skills, has great vision and can deliver a pin point pass sometimes. But it is only sometimes. When he turns it on, it's breathtaking but I'm not sure anyone, even Mahrez himself, knows exactly when that'll be or under what circumstances. For a good portion of many a game, he may not even be on the pitch - he's just bang average, and that's being charitable sometimes.

As much as I've enjoyed watching him, and knowing it'll hurt when he bangs one in against us, I do believe it's past time that he moved on. He plays like someone who wants to go and that, to me, is the decider.

Spot on!

That moment when he came into the box infront of the cop, turned two players, appeared to have created space to place a pass/cross and then turned back into opposing players was so frustrating!

• Like 2

Happy to wish him well at the last home game against Arsenal. Hope we do get the rumoured £65m from Man City but now it’s time to move on as there is too much water under the bridge for him to stay.

Unless we replace with a real star we clearly are going to go backwards without his skills which have delivered goals and assists that no one else is capable of producing.

It’s looking ominous for next season 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

he really pissed me off last night especially when he'd beat Yoshida who had slipped was in a good position to cross and instead decided to beat Yoshida again and got tackled, he should have been subbed instead of Nacho

This annoyed me. Took him on, two defenders in the box with two of ours running in, just slip it to the edge of the box.

What does he do? Twists and turns and suddenly he has 5 Southampton players in front of him.

On 20/04/2018 at 23:10, UPinCarolina said:

I’ve come to believe that his continued presence is actually making us...worse, somehow. Never thought I’d say that. We’ve been piss poor since the debacle in January with him and I can’t imagine that it’s helping anything. Something broke around the Everton match and hasn’t been right since.

Thank you!

I thought it was just me. I've not only been saying the same thing since the deadline day fiasco with Man City, but just before the Everton game I thought (and probably said on a thread somewhere) that the whole thing could completely derail the rest of our season and it has. I don't buy this "The lads are'nt angry with Mahrez" statement either, that's clearly just damage control.

We can't go from playing a much more progressive style to lacklustre for no apparent reason. It's 80% to do with Mahrez's behaviour, no doubt in my mind.

And no, I won't miss him. I thought I would, but 3 months after his appaling behaviour, still feel the same. He's a talent no doubt, but a treacherous sod too.

• Like 1