Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If there was anything in what Manwell said and he's on thinner ice than people realise, and he was to get the boot soon, then Marco Silva.

Don't want him sacked though. I'm a long way off that stage.

What has Manwell said?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Keep some stability ffs! It’s getting embarrassing now how quickly we hound managers out. 

Who have we hounded out? I don't believe any of the last three managers to leave the club left due to fan pressure.

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What has Manwell said?

Who have we hounded out? I don't believe any of the last three managers to leave the club left due to fan pressure.

I think he might have said that if we had lost rather than drawn those last two games then Puel would be getting his P45

If there is any truth in that then West Brom might have another of our managers sacked this weekend

I'd love to go seriously left-field with Graham Potter but won't happen in a hundred years. 

Personally as along as the club's future isn't at stake, stability is needed with a steady over-haul of players over the next two seasons and input to the development of training ground plus trying to integrate under 23 squad who've done well. 

Would I rather have a steady manager (with a track record of developing Lille and Nice) like Puel overseeing or allow Rudkin to continually chop/change gaining power as he becomes the person overseeing it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What has Manwell said?

You serious? I think the majority of the fan base were heavily in favour of getting rid of Shakey and Ranieri

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's getting to that stage I feel. I hope we don't end up like Newcastle or Villa, where the fan's expectations are so widely above the reality that no one can live up to them and we end up booing every manager out the club. 

Think we’ve arrived there already tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You serious? I think the majority of the fan base were heavily in favour of getting rid of Shakey and Ranieri

They were hardly hounded out though, nothing like the grief that mangers of the past have received.

I think you're confusing social media with real life.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

They were hardly hounded out though, nothing like the grief that mangers of the past have received.

I think you're confusing social media with real life.

Ok I agree hounded our is the wrong term to use but we certainly are too impatient with managers. Social media has become huge in gaging fans opinions so not sure on your point there.

I’d say Puel has done an average to good job so far overall but unfortunately you’re only as good as your last 4 games nowadays it seems

Well, the owners have proved they have no room for sentiment when it comes to sacking a manager. Personally, I think his days are numbered. When it comes down to a replacement it is their choice, and I'm sure there are many managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage us. Afterall did any of us guess at Ranieri or Puel? So my guess is it will be someone none of us will mention.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

In what world are his days numbered though? Have we even gone on a bad losing streak?

Eurgh modern football

We have gone on a relegation form streak and playing some of the worse football since he took over,  Eurgh modern optimism. lol

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Well, the owners have proved they have no room for sentiment when it comes to sacking a manager. Personally, I think his days are numbered. When it comes down to a replacement it is their choice, and I'm sure there are many managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage us. Afterall did any of us guess at Ranieri or Puel? So my guess is it will be someone none of us will mention.

Would managers jump at the chance to manage us? With our history there only 1 bad run away from going. I want puel to stay but if he went before the end of the season or in the summer I don't think there would be a rush of managers wanting the job. We need stability so we've got to keep puel. 

• Like 3