Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

He left Madrid and his next job was a championship squad destined for relegation. 

I'm sure he's fond of doing it again with another team.

I'd love to have him, but it's not going to happen. Money ain't everything and this chequebook mentality gets on my nerves. As if.

23 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I'm sure he's fond of doing it again with another team.

I'd love to have him, but it's not going to happen. Money ain't everything and this chequebook mentality gets on my nerves. As if.

He joined a club that doesn't like using a cheque book. 

We are a club with massive ambitions to break up the top 6, and we have the facilities And owners to do it. He won't be going to any other top 6 clubs in the prem or likely abroad. 

41 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He joined a club that doesn't like using a cheque book. 

We are a club with massive ambitions to break up the top 6, and we have the facilities And owners to do it. He won't be going to any other top 6 clubs in the prem or likely abroad. 

Break the top 6? Give me a break.

We're nowhere near competing for the top 6 in the next five seasons at least, given that we sign the right players, give any manager a bit more than 8 months to prove himself and an awful lot of money.

Trigger happy owners and a midtable team composed of bang average players bar one and young, unconfirmed players. It sure looks sexy.  

How would you know?

Just in this league Chelsea and now Arsenal are two clubs which would leave us in the dust should they enter the Rafa race.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, Shefffox2 said:

Can't understand why not greater support for Wagner.To get the Terriers promoted on such a small budget was fantastic, and to keep them in the Prem, with four games to go, again with limited funds is a miracle. Managed to get  results against the top six along the way He young, articulate,and think out owners could match his ambition..

I don’t see Wagner’s playing style as being too far removed from Puel’s. 

I’m not stupid enough to think that Puel is definitely the answer long term but he could be. If he doesn’t have the man management skills then he won’t survive but he is doing the right thing with the squad at the moment so leave him in charge to effect the changes and if we need to get a more inspirational version of him in next November then so be it. 

no one is going to make an ‘up and at em, pump it long down the channels’ system work here - the genie is out of the bottle bigtime on that (especially once vards has gone past his sell by date) so we need to evolve. 

I’m comfortable watching the evolution (as difficult as it is, especially at home) and I’m comfortable that our pre season won’t be ruined by Europa league qualifiers (with our decent players all missing after the World Cup anyway) 

I guess it depends what makes you tick - I’m happy to see us in control of the ball, moving it around. Of course i would like to see more goals but they will come once we have all the personnel available to implement the plan. 

ITS JUST ABOUT BEING PATIENT !!!

the owners showed with their support of Pearson over several  seasons that they aren’t as trigger happy as many perceive, especially outside the club. I just hope they stick with Puel unless they can find a better version of him who is available. I would accept Wagner but I doubt you would see much difference on the pitch and if Huddersfield survive, I don’t expect Wagner would leave them yet. He is young enough to take his time. (Unlike much of our fan base it seems)

• Like 3

It all depends on what you want Leicester to be.

If you want a manager to take this group of players and get the best out of them and build on this style then Pearson is the best man for the job as it's still largely his legacy in place. We may have changed some of the players but we have been buying like for like in most areas of the pitch since he left. The alternative to this is to bring in a manager who has a built teams and managed teams with a similar style to Peason's Leicester but we would really struggle to attract these managers, I believe teams like Dortmund have quick attacking styles and their ex manager Thomas Tuchel I've heard good stuff about.

If you want someone who can get us organised and hard to beat. keeping us up in the premier league then managers like Hodgson, Pullis, Dyche, are what you go for

We could go for...the Everton and Man U approach and say lets just throw money at it and it'll all work out. Alan Pardew is out of a job at the moment, a manager like that could do that job.

The other thing we can do and what I think our owners are looking for in Puel is to create a new legacy at Leicester and really move us on from Pearson. There are obviously other managers who can do this job and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them might be better, Benitez could be, but Puel does have form (in France) of achieving this.

I'm hugely conflicted - I can see and buy into what Puel is trying to do but I'm not buying that he is doing or can do it with our current squad.  Can we fashion a squad over the summer (out's and in's and ensuring we keep the likes of Maguire, Ndidi, Iborra and Silva - assuming Mahrez is gone already) to fulfill his vision.  I'm not sure and if we don't and stick to his philosophy then we are relegation candidates next season.  Very encouraged by the development of Choudhury and Barnes and the signing of Diabate as plus points over this season.

Don’t think aiming for Wagner,is deluded, far from it, our transfer and wage budget will be far way ahead of Huddersfield’s. Also our fan base,  is much bigger, they will always be in the shadow of Leeds. Add our  recent success , and the possibility of a larger stadium , would surely make us a an attractive step up the managerial ladder. Where’s the dillusion, in these facts.? 

3 minutes ago, Shefffox2 said:

Don’t think aiming for Wagner,is deluded, far from it, our transfer and wage budget will be far way ahead of Huddersfield’s. Also our fan base,  is much bigger, they will always be in the shadow of Leeds. Add our  recent success , and the possibility of a larger stadium , would surely make us a an attractive step up the managerial ladder. Where’s the dillusion, in these facts.? 

It’s not deluded. I just have the impression that he wouldn’t leave them yet Unless was for a top six job and that isn’t going to happen for him at the moment. 

I want puel to stay but after enduring the southampton game I think hes a gonner. I would like Lucien Favre from nice. Think it's a longshoot as arsenal are now interested with Wenger going. For puel to stay he needs to win at least 1 game - west ham at home. Get something at palace I don't see us winning at spurs and we never do anything against arsenal. 

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I want puel to stay but after enduring the southampton game I think hes a gonner. I would like Lucien Favre from nice. Think it's a longshoot as arsenal are now interested with Wenger going. For puel to stay he needs to win at least 1 game - west ham at home. Get something at palace I don't see us winning at spurs and we never do anything against arsenal. 

Good call. However, he's been linked to the Dortmund job. Has previous history in the Bundesliga with Mönchengladbach, where he did very well.

I'd be hoping that Claude can get it right soon but that hope is diminishing after every game.

Looking at our history a big name has never really suited us. We seem to get managers past their prime like Sven or Claude? or no hopers like Taylor or Megson.

If you look at the movers and shakers in Europe its managers that have paid their dues at tunfashionable lower level clubs. Sarri and Di Francesco in Italy, Tedesco in Germany, Jardim in France.

I sense there's an element of the magic we had with O'Neill and Pearson in those I've mentioned. Both of the latter had little standing in the game before they managed us. With the usual suspects this side of the world like Pardew, or Big Sam you know what your going to get.Going for a left field appointment might be where we could potentially evolve.

41 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Good call. However, he's been linked to the Dortmund job. Has previous history in the Bundesliga with Mönchengladbach, where he did very well.

I still think tuchel will end up at bayern munich / dourtmound.  Can't really understand why tuchel hasn’t got a job yet. I wanted tuchel before Shakey got it last summer (I know a long shot then). Imo there will be quality managers who for whatever reason will be available in the summer in la liga, bundesliga or serie a. I just hope we look further afield than the standard managers with premiership experience. I want puel to start next season but just don't see it happening. 

11 hours ago, Shefffox2 said:

Have you watched Huddersfield play at all this season? From October onwards they have been as dull as dishwater. 11 men behind the ball and try to nick a goal from somewhere. 

Its on the basis of one game but Fulham were cracking last night. Passed the ball around but did it with some directness. The manager there has got the likes of Mitrovic fighting hard and he can clearly develop players as seen with Sessegon. 

10 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I still think tuchel will end up at bayern munich / dourtmound.  Can't really understand why tuchel hasn’t got a job yet. I wanted tuchel before Shakey got it last summer (I know a long shot then). Imo there will be quality managers who for whatever reason will be available in the summer in la liga, bundesliga or serie a. I just hope we look further afield than the standard managers with premiership experience. I want puel to start next season but just don't see it happening. 

Tuchel’s off PSG. All done and dusted. 

22 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Break the top 6? Give me a break.

We're nowhere near competing for the top 6 in the next five seasons at least, given that we sign the right players, give any manager a bit more than 8 months to prove himself and an awful lot of money.

Trigger happy owners and a midtable team composed of bang average players bar one and young, unconfirmed players. It sure looks sexy.  

How would you know?

Just in this league Chelsea and now Arsenal are two clubs which would leave us in the dust should they enter the Rafa race.

I said ambitions to break the top 6...... "should they enter the rafa race" you're literally talking about ifs and buts now. 

Embarrassing.

On 20/04/2018 at 11:14, Shefffox2 said:

Can't understand why not greater support for Wagner.To get the Terriers promoted on such a small budget was fantastic, and to keep them in the Prem, with four games to go, again with limited funds is a miracle. Managed to get  results against the top six along the way He young, articulate,and think out owners could match his ambition..

I've heard that we've been interested in him in the past. 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There's talk of Wagner but nothing of somebody who's done an even better job at Brighton, maybe because he's English and that is uncool in managerial terms.

I rate Hughton he is a decent manager, but I don't think he would leave Brighton for us, Dyche is nailed on in the summer imo, he would be interested in the job, and he was allegedly offered the job before Puel, Burnley have reached their ceiling imo and they won't progress further.

I would prefer Rafa tbh, He isn't going to get anything at Newcastle not the ambition that he craves for.