Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Zidane

Good call. Can't wait to see C.Ronaldo playing behind Vardy, Ramos / Morgan at the back and Kroos, or Modric playing alongside James

On a second thought, C.Ronaldo wouldn't suit our style of play so forget about him.

We need Europe whether that’s by winning the FA Cup or finishing 7th. Otherwise I think the Thais may well give him the boot if the season Ends badly. 

I think there is a good manager in there someone that has potential to be a real top manager, he still relatively young in terms of being a manager, you would hope he has learnt from his time at Southampton, you don’t win the French league if you are shit. 

Puel can help his cause by focusing on our attacking strength we cannot sacrifice counter attaching and pressing the opposition for possession based football. Yes it’s good to keep the ball but it’s how u use it. We don’t have the players for it on the whole. So Puel has to use our players strengths more effectively. Play 2 strikers at home be ambitious. 

Edited by Happy Fox

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Well, the owners have proved they have no room for sentiment when it comes to sacking a manager. Personally, I think his days are numbered. When it comes down to a replacement it is their choice, and I'm sure there are many managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage us. Afterall did any of us guess at Ranieri or Puel? So my guess is it will be someone none of us will mention.

Well it certainly didn't seem that way back in October when we were looking for a new manager.

• Like 1

Nearly everyone on this forum said that a top 8 was out of the realms of possibility at the beginning of the season. Yet here we stand with a very good chance of finishing 7th (and a chance of 6th) being in the last 8 of the FA Cup and the last 8 of the League cup and yet people want the manager out!

Crazy.

I hope Puel gets a few years to build the squad he wants - only relegation would be grounds for dismissal in my opinion.

If the team plays as a team then we could easily not lose again this season and finish 6th or 7th. If we only get 3 wins on the bounce then FTers will be praising Puel to the rafters. 

I hope that he replaces Morgan, Simpson, Mahrez and Albrighton for the players that'll be in the team next season and plays some attacking football in the final 9 prem games. That'll do me.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

We might as well give 6 month contracts to managers from now on. Good job it wasn’t like this when O’Neill started poorly or Fergie at United 

And woe betide anyone who tries to change our style of play. If they do they'd better hit the ground running and never have a lean patch otherwise they'll be sacked as we revert back to type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Well it certainly didn't seem that way back in October when we were looking for a new manager.

And another quick sacking is hardly going to make it any more attractive to any manager other than the same old candidates ala Pardew etc 

• Like 4

Rafa who I think would come as there is funds available and the chairman is not a total dickhead, but we would no doubt end up with pardew, allardyce or some one like that. People like dyche and Howe are to comfortable in their jobs as there is no pressure on them. Hopefully we tune it around and puel gets people on side so we can have a good crack at the league again next year