Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

I haven't had a beer in months. 

Only have to drink a couple and feel like shit within hours tbh. Not quite sure why that's the case these days but not really bothered.

No point in drinking one on it's own and can't be ****ed with drinking ten and feeling like shit the day after. 

Gin + weed ftw.  

6 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Had a few pints of Sierra Navada last night.

It's also one of my favourite beers, but the Vieux Lille we were drinking out at the Euros last year will take some beating.

A fantastic beer totally disproves the theory that American beers are crap

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I haven't had a beer in months. 

Only have to drink a couple and feel like shit within hours tbh. Not quite sure why that's the case these days but not really bothered.

No point in drinking one on it's own and can't be ****ed with drinking ten and feeling like shit the day after. 

Gin + weed ftw.  

I'm surprised you drink alcohol at all, bro.

I don't know any tokers who do.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Really?  But... but... muh gateway lol

Just finished off a bottle of La Chouffe.

Do you not find it a bad mix?

I don't think they compliment each other at all.

Just now, Buce said:

Do you not find it a bad mix?

I don't think they compliment each other at all.

I presume you've heard the beer before wine rhyme before, well in my experience have a spliff before beer and you're in the clear :thumbup:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I presume you've heard the beer before wine rhyme before, well in my experience have a spliff before beer and you're in the clear :thumbup:

No, mate - how does it go?

34 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm surprised you drink alcohol at all, bro.

I don't know any tokers who do.

I still like the occasional drink but it's like a glass of wine on holiday in france or a gin maybe once or twice a week.

can't remember the last time I 'binged'. 

never, ever been a fan of being properly drunk - such a shit drug imo - it's so sloppy and doesn't have any particularly interesting / positive mental effects. 

much more interesting things out there to explore. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Beer before wine, makes you feel fine......that’s it I think. Unless Carl has an extended version.

Wine before beer makes you feel queer.  Pretty sure there's an alternative rhyme with "grape" and "grain" in lieu of the wine/beer but I can't remember how that one goes.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

That doesn't even rhyme... :huh:

Spliff after red wine you'll bee too far inside a pool of bodily fluids to care that this doesn't really rhyme.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Wine before beer makes you feel queer.  Pretty sure there's an alternative rhyme with "grape" and "grain" in lieu of the wine/beer but I can't remember how that one goes.

Spliff after red wine you'll bee too far inside a pool of bodily fluids to care that this doesn't really rhyme.

Hilarious that the tokers can't remember such a simple rhyme. :thumbup: Fortunately I never really knew it, so I'm off the hook.

As to the general effect though, I totally agree.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Hilarious that the tokers can't remember such a simple rhyme. :thumbup: Fortunately I never really knew it, so I'm off the hook.

As to the general effect, I totally agree.

I swear by it plus it does wonders for minimising hangovers the next day too, presumably something to do with the anti-nauseous effect of the weed.  That said these days I'm very much like lifted in that I don't do heavy drinking sessions anymore so it's not really a problem for me now anyway but it's good info to pass onto those who do.  I think the heaviest night I've had recently was 6 beers at a work do and that was only because I wasn't paying ;) 

• Like 1

Anybody been to the beer festival at the Haymarket?  Sank too many last night...  I was looking round thinking ‘this place attracts a certain type”...  this was followed by a terrifying moment of self reflection...

suffered today at work

to answer the question...

1.  Can’t remener.. it was some kind of porter

2.  Deception -Abbeydale brewery

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I swear by it plus it does wonders for minimising hangovers the next day too, presumably something to do with the anti-nauseous effect of the weed.  That said these days I'm very much like lifted in that I don't do heavy drinking sessions anymore so it's not really a problem for me now anyway but it's good info to pass onto those who do.  I think the heaviest night I've had recently was 6 beers at a work do and that was only because I wasn't paying ;) 

I've always been rubbish at heavy drinking. 3 pints and I'm anybody's. lol

The worst thing is rounds, followed by men's men looking at me like I'm from Mars when I refuse a pint. I'm trying not to mention Ireland again, but my cousins think a night out isn't a night out without pissing pure alchohol by the end of the evening. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Anybody been to the beer festival at the Haymarket?  Sank too many last night...  I was looking round thinking ‘this place attracts a certain type”...  this was followed by a terrifying moment of self reflection...

suffered today at work

to answer the question...

1.  Can’t remener.. it was some kind of porter

2.  Deception -Abbeydale brewery

Presumably it was in the foyer? What an odd thing to have in a Theatre.

I suppose anything to pay some bills, better than the council paying to keep it empty.