Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

My father in law has given me a bottle of Peaky Blinders which is described on the label as a black IPA. How can you have a black pale ale?

Maybe they're just 'keeping all sides happy' in these days of the easily offended.

I assume this thread's for bad pints as well as good?

I foolishly had a pint of the 'guest' cider when attending a concert in Somerset on Friday night. It was called Cheddar Gorge and when it appeared, it was luminous orange. One of the worst things I ever had the misfortune of drinking. Naturally, I finished it but won't be rushing back for another one. It was £3, I really should have known better.

Edited by Max Wall

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Tiny rebel have taken over the tap in ashby. Currently loving a double bubble which is some kind of champagne ipa, they have a chocolate marshmallow porter so gonna try that next. 

Is it the imperial Chocolate marshmallow porter? That’s what I was on in Brewdog, lovely stuff but lethal.

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Tiny rebel have taken over the tap in ashby. Currently loving a double bubble which is some kind of champagne ipa, they have a chocolate marshmallow porter so gonna try that next. 

Not a massive fan of Tiny Rebel but will check this out regardless

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

‘Brut IPA’, it’s the current trend. 

Two Tailed Lion are hosting a meet the brewer evening with Cloudwater during Leicester beer weeks. Date yet to be confirmed but should be great that 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah mate just had half was beautiful 

They do a non chocolate one which is equally as nice.

Ive had a few of the Tiny Rebel beers now and most are really decent. Probably the most disappointing is the Clwb Tropicana. Looking forward to going to their bar in Cardiff when we play there.

Whats occurring at the Black Horse in Aylestone ? ...   the normally excellent Tiger is sh1te and has been for a little while now ...   the other Everard’s offering is equally as bad ...   I know some people have moved on and I’m afraid we will be doing the same until things improve.

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Whats occurring at the Black Horse in Aylestone ? ...   the normally excellent Tiger is sh1te and has been for a little while now ...   the other Everard’s offering is equally as bad ...   I know some people have moved on and I’m afraid we will be doing the same until things improve.

Brexit means Brexit amirite?

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Seen a few saying Everards beers has been a little hit and miss since the brewery began the renovations.

Believe it is being brewed at two sites currently. 

• Like 1