Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Yes i'm a big fan of Belgium beers! :D Went to Brugges during Euro 2016 at attended the Beer Museum, great i'll get someone to pick some up. 

Yeah you’ll like it for sure then. 

10 hours ago, bovril said:

Moncada's Notting Hill Oatmeal Stout in the Harp, London. Was 1.74 for Fullers beers all night but ended up spending triple that on the stout. Pretty good, not too overly-flavoured like some stouts and porters. 

Moncada are doing a big do at their brewery in cricklewood on 29 Nov

• Like 1

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Moncada are doing a big do at their brewery in cricklewood on 29 Nov

Thanks for the heads up.

15 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Has anyone tried the Tynt Meadow (Trappist Brewery) Ale from Coalville? Was thinking of asking for a few bottles and a couple of glasses for Crimbo.

I enjoyed it when I tried it, didn't taste as alcoholic as it is and the glasses are nice.

I’m currently drinking Kees Caramel Fudge Stout which I picked up from Brew in Ashby and wow it’s amazing. Very strong though at 10.5% but bloody delicious. Starting to get in to these chocolate/vanilla/caramel stouts. Anyone know any good ones?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’m currently drinking Kees Caramel Fudge Stout which I picked up from Brew in Ashby and wow it’s amazing. Very strong though at 10.5% but bloody delicious. Starting to get in to these chocolate/vanilla/caramel stouts. Anyone know any good ones?

Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland is a nice drop.

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Desert in a can, Cookies and cream was ridiculously good as is the Omnipollo V Buxton Pecan pie but i don’t know where you can get that from now.

20 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Thornbridge have a few flavours under their Lucaria (sp) badge, there was one in the Queen's Road Tap in the spring that was salted caramel and it was just unbelievably nice. 

Had a Wilde Child beer in Beerheadz next to Nottingham station last week called Brownie Hunter that was lovely too. 

As @Costock_Fox has said, get your hands on Desert in a Can, the Knighton Londis does them, or at least did in the summer, so good. There's a few flavours and I'm yet to have one that hasn't been outrageous.

Went to Sainsbury's today(not somewhere i usually go).They have Beavertown Neck Oil,Gamma ray and Lupuloid.Just had a sip of the Neck Oil and it's pretty good!;)

Edited by PAULCFC

On 24/11/2019 at 16:20, Unabomber said:

Saltair Triple Choc is my favourite  

Planning on visiting that Brew soon. Good place? They open as a boozer occasionally. 

32 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Planning on visiting that Brew soon. Good place? They open as a boozer occasionally. 

Yeah it’s really good and they are open as a boozer everyday. You can either drink in any of their bottles/cans and they also have 5 beers on keg. All brilliant beers usually too.

Titanic Plum Porter or Acorn Gorloka.

Any pub recommendations for Birmingham? Obviously going post office vaults 

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Brum is pretty crap on pubs (I only really know the centre/digbeth, Moseley, Selly Oak) in my experience either that or my friends were useless at finding pubs when there at uni. Purecraft has good booze but everything else about the place is terrible, Wellington is alright, Dig Brew is an alright micro brewery place, then after that I'm struggling. I mean there's enough decent places to nip into but not worth recommending.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Brum is pretty crap on pubs (I only really know the centre/digbeth, Moseley, Selly Oak) in my experience either that or my friends were useless at finding pubs when there at uni. Purecraft has good booze but everything else about the place is terrible, Wellington is alright, Dig Brew is an alright micro brewery place, then after that I'm struggling. I mean there's enough decent places to nip into but not worth recommending.

I’ve always been underwhelmed by it as a city in general. Feels a bit empty for supposedly the 2nd city 

39 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Think @SemperEadem asked in the nice Leicester pubs thread mate, it's a great city if you dig deep enough. The Wellington and the Pint Shop are both ace and bang next to each other, about two mins from POV. Wellington is a "proper boozer" and the Pint Shop is a bit more £££ but has about twenty keg and cask lines. Those two are probably your best bets in the city.

1000 Trades and the Lord Clifden are fantastic too, shame it's rancid weather because the latter is great in the summer - both in the Jewellery Quarter though. Around there, there's another place called the Church Inn which is half decent too but you'll spend a lot of time going from A to B to C.

There's another gaff called the Craven Arms up a steep hill near the Mailbox which is worth a look if you like spit and sawdust type places, superb pub but a bit off the beaten track.

Ah, and there's a place I've never been to but heard good things about called Kilder, round the corner from Selfridge's - craft beer gaff.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stadt said:

Massively improved in the past few years for good beer.

City Centre/Digbeth

Pint Shop

Head of Steam

The Wellington

Shakespeare

PO Vaults

Pure Craft

Tilt (Pinball/craft beer bar)

Cherry Reds

Digbrew Co

The Ruin

Dead Wax (Brand new gig venue and Vinyl shop + pub)

Have loads more suggestions if you want to head further afield. 3 new breweries have opened up in Stirchley just by me along with 3/4 great pub/bars. The craft beer scene is buzzing at the moment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’ve always been underwhelmed by it as a city in general. Feels a bit empty for supposedly the 2nd city 

That's our big issue as a City. All of our great independent businesses, bars, restaurants, shops etc are all split up across the City. Combine that with a pretty poor transport system and unless you know where to head, you could wander around for a while and not come across much. 

We're extending our tram system (if you can call it that atm) which should connect the City and surrounding areas a little more. For example, there's a plan to extend the tram down into Digbeth.

Anyway, sorry back to the booze. My latest was Suspended n Blanc by Siren which was a decent Pale Ale. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

That's our big issue as a City. All of our great independent businesses, bars, restaurants, shops etc are all split up across the City. Combine that with a pretty poor transport system and unless you know where to head, you could wander around for a while and not come across much. 

We're extending our tram system (if you can call it that atm) which should connect the City and surrounding areas a little more. For example, there's a plan to extend the tram down into Digbeth.

Anyway, sorry back to the booze. My latest was Suspended n Blanc by Siren which was a decent Pale Ale. 

I think Birmingham is great, never not had a great day out there, just need to veer away from New St. I've never known what to make of Tilt, mind.

Got myself some decent beers from brew, Leffe radieuse (not had before) and tiny rebel stay puft Irish cream

Edited by Unabomber

Finally found some Death By Coconut and had a can tonight. Had a pint of it in Head of Steam when it first opened here and haven’t seen anyone in the UK selling it since. Incredible beer.

My dad is in Buxton tomorrow and is popping into the tap house there so he’s bringing me back a couple of decent ones from there.