Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So posters get slated for saying James shouldn’t be in the team, Ibbora comes in for James and we win, hmmmmm!

I have been saying for weeks ... and it was still a mystery why Iborra who was playing so well before got dropped in the first place.

Despite previous complaints about James, he is not bad but Iborra is just so much better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

why did we drop iborra in the first place

Exactly…. He was playing really well and Leicester were playing really well…. Perplexing that he was ever dropped

comes back in and was MOTM and we cruise to a 4-1 victory

coincidence…?  No!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

There's a good few who have been made to look like mugs in the match thread, my favourite is the guy who said Puel deserved a bullet. Horrible thing to say in any situation.

Let Musa fire it..... 

No Chance of hitting the target! 

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I have been saying for weeks ... and it was still a mystery why Iborra who was playing so well before got dropped in the first place.

Despite previous complaints about James, he is not bad but Iborra is just so much better.

He had some poor games and was giving the ball away A LOT. Then when he got chances he never really took them, simple as that really. Today he took his chance and nailed it with a great performance. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Iborra's the man.

World class goal from Vardy who very probably sealed his ticket to Russia today.

Chuffed for Nacho and Chilly gettting his first assist after a calamitous start.

Great corner from Albrighton.

Mahrez is Mahrez.

But above everything: Puel haters, choke on it.

I think Puel haters might sadly be Leicester/self haters too. I don't wish them any harm, but I wish they would be a bit more positive.

• Like 1

West Brom were garbage bar Rondon and Burke. Iborra payed well, Gray more effective and Nacho looked good after he came on. Not just the goal and assist but he wanted the ball he went looking for the ball and when he got it he looked to pass it forwards and create something.

Really we didn’t play that much better than last week, but Tactical Genius Pardew has his slow defenders playing a high line with Vardy and I didn’t even realise Livermore was playing until he got booked. 

Great to win win now let’s take that forwards and beat Chelsea and claim 7th

Apologies, I only saw the second half so can't comment on the first half performance. However, I was quite impressed from what I saw out there. Yes West Brom are very poor and likely going down for a reason, but we controlled the game and made lots of chances. For me the biggest difference was having Iborra back!

Kz04nQWlomuhUYAafXTFElMJLjGK1ugKAgTIqamD

This game reminded me of the first 10 or so games Puel was in charge for (where we also played very well) with Ndidi and Iborra dominating the middle of the park. Silva may eventually turn out to be the better player when he adjusts to the league, and Vicente is not the quickest, but a bit like Mahrez and Vardy, the combination of Ndidi and Iborra just works. Honestly I think we've thrown a lot of points away in not persevering with that combination. So it's inevitable Matty James will come back in next week then!!!

Nacho was very good when he came on too. A great assist and goal, but his all round play was good too, linking the play and making good runs today.

A lot of fans say "where would we be without Vardy and Mahrez" but you could also look at it another way and ask "where would we be with another player as good as those two?" And I personally remember another world class player we had, a little french fella by the name of Kante, and when we had three worldies we won the league! So it's no bad thing to rely on your best players as all the top teams do so.

Great to get to 40 points. My main worry now is that players mentally decide to go on holiday. I have no doubt we will be up for the cup game next week, but I have a feeling the team won't be too motivated to go for 7th. We have an away game at Burnley so if we win that we can take 7th position, but would not be surprised if the season peters out.

Anyway overall (from what I saw), a decent to good game from the boys. Brilliant first goal also.

• Like 1

West Brom are an awful side in a horrendous run of form but you can only beat what's put infront of you. 

The second half was good especially when Iheanacho came on and for me he made the difference. When he turns towards goal he is lethal.

Iborra hopefully now cements a place in the team. He's so calm on the ball and his technical ability and reading of the game is miles ahead of James. 

A good result and well deserved! It is just a shame both Everton and Burnley won aswell. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Apologies, I only saw the second half so can't comment on the first half performance. However, I was quite impressed from what I saw out there. Yes West Brom are very poor and likely going down for a reason, but we controlled the game and made lots of chances. For me the biggest difference was having Iborra back!

Kz04nQWlomuhUYAafXTFElMJLjGK1ugKAgTIqamD

This game reminded me of the first 10 or so games Puel was in charge for (where we also played very well) with Ndidi and Iborra dominating the middle of the park. Silva may eventually turn out to be the better player when he adjusts to the league, and Vicente is not the quickest, but a bit like Mahrez and Vardy, the combination of Ndidi and Iborra just works. Honestly I think we've thrown a lot of points away in not persevering with that combination. So it's inevitable Matty James will come back in next week then!!!

Nacho was very good when he came on too. A great assist and goal, but his all round play was good too, linking the play and making good runs today.

A lot of fans say "where would we be without Vardy and Mahrez" but you could also look at it another way and ask "where would we be with another player as good as those two?" And I personally remember another world class player we had, a little french fella by the name of Kante, and when we had three worldies we won the league! So it's no bad thing to rely on your best players as all the top teams do so.

Great to get to 40 points. My main worry now is that players mentally decide to go on holiday. I have no doubt we will be up for the cup game next week, but I have a feeling the team won't be too motivated to go for 7th. We have an away game at Burnley so if we win that we can take 7th position, but would not be surprised if the season peters out.

Anyway overall (from what I saw), a decent to good game from the boys. Brilliant first goal also.

it's only just started we're gonna win the cup!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He had some poor games and was giving the ball away A LOT. Then when he got chances he never really took them, simple as that really. Today he took his chance and nailed it with a great performance. 

Cant say I agree with this. I watched all the games. His intelligence and vision were always there. Even if he has a poorer game in terms of passing by his standards, it was more because his teammates didn’t understand him.

That's 3 valuable points away from home and we're still in touch with Burnley! Great to see Shinji and Vince back in the starting lineup. Iborra my MOTM with Nacho and Mahrez joint close second. It has to be said West Brom are probably the worst team in the Prem at the moment so it won't get much easier than that (and we weren't looking that convincing until Ian changed the game in our favour). Great to see the lads winning by a wide margin. Puel in! lol  

Loving the nice round numbers in the table.

30 games, 10 wins, 10 draws, 10 defeats... and, most importantly, the magical 40 points.

Time to relax and finish the season in style... starting next week v Chelsea. Bring it on!