Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Really we didn’t play that much better than last week

Neither do I, amazed people think we were really good today. Great result and scoreline, great clinical finishing. But the all round performance again had a lot of question marks. 

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Anyway - what about the first goal!? We are so lucky to have talent like that. Please don't take the privilege of seeing that sort of quality for granted. Football like that is ****ing beautiful.

We do score some gorgeous goals. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I think people need to remember that we were a hair's breath away from being 2-0 down against the bottom team.

Iborra was great today, but I think people are kidding themselves if they think we were amazing or he somehow made all the difference. Some world class assists and finishes made the difference today, rather than missing on average 17 shots a game we nailed them today, in probably harder positions than some of the ones we missed in previous game. To blame all of that on the inclusion of James is ridiculous. 

Iborra was great, he deserves to start. But the James bashing and blaming it all on him is just ridiculous.

I did not say anything about James I feel he was harshly criticised in the last two games while Ndidi got off lightly after having two stinkers.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Cant say I agree with this. I watched all the games. His intelligence and vision were always there. Even if he has a poorer game in terms of passing by his standards, it was more because his teammates didn’t understand him.

I'll politely disagree, he had several games just like the one Silva had last week where he needlessly gave the ball away. A bit like his first game for us in the cup game where he was ding the same thing. I know that was his first game, so I'm not holding that game against him, merely pointing out the sort of performance he had a few times later on with unforced errors. 

1 minute ago, Will1981 said:

I did not say anything about James I feel he was harshly criticised in the last two games while Ndidi got off lightly after having two stinkers.

It was more of a general comment, to be fair I've just noticed I quoted you by mistake. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think people need to remember that we were a hair's breadth away from being 2-0 down against the bottom team.

Iborra was great today, but I think people are kidding themselves if they think we were amazing or he somehow made all the difference. Some world class assists and finishes made the difference today, rather than missing on average 17 shots a game we nailed them today, in probably harder positions than some of the ones we missed in previous game. To blame all of that on the inclusion of James is ridiculous. 

Iborra was great, he deserves to start. But the James bashing and blaming it all on him is just ridiculous.

Oh I'm not blaming James, the manager picks the team, BUT we look so much more assured with Iborra in the middle, he also picks out some nice forward passes which James doesn't and he's an aerial threat. I can't really see what reason there could be to start James instead? I think that's what irks, it's not James fault that he's so limited

Good result against a very poor team.

Iborra made the whole team tick today.  Vardy goal was outrageous. Iheanacho looked like a different player and deserved his goal.

Diabate must start over Gray,  Drago over Morgan and we are getting closer!  Hope Claude is learning.

Was a good win for us but let's not take too much from it because WBA were absolutely gash. Worst performance from a premier team I've witnessed.

Chillwell taking stick and deservedly so but offers so much more going forward than other options. He had a good second half.

Pleased Iheanacho scored but would still start with Shinji.

Without Mahrez we'd be a lower table team

• Like 1