Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

Just now, FIF said:

You just don't like him. He wasn't bad at all.

I like him a lot, but Diabate came on and immediately should have had an assist. Gray has some better attributes, specifically his dribbling and control, but Diabate is more direct.

36 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

0 end product.

0 evolution.

Diabate showed him up.

Gray has made positive improvements in the last couple of games imo

He gets slated for not producing enough goals and assists, which means people expect great things from him because they know he has potential. Showed flashes of brilliance today, getting crosses in, albeit from a deflection forcing a great save, danced past 3 defenders into the box at one point. Isnt giving away the ball so much

This Diabate is awesome myth is gathering steam a bit prematurely, didnt do anything today but everyone says Gray had another shit game and Diabate showed him up

Gray was positive for us today, he will come good

Cant wait til he plays for another team and scores against us. At least when we concede I will have the satisfaction of how everyone on here said he will never be a footballer

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Great win, but slightly mixed feelings.

Having that degree of control in the centre of the park makes a huge difference- Iborra came in and all of a sudden we look like a balanced side, attacking with intent and pretty dominant (albeit against a poor WBA side). It's frustrating that we dropped so many winnable points at home whilst Iborra sat on the sidelines- I'm convinced that we would have won at least one of those games with him in the side, he just gives us a presence and extra dimension. I was beginning to think that this potential match fixing story had some legs and that was the reason he wasn't playing, but obviously not. 

No coincidence that our two poor runs this season have been when he was injured and dropped- hopefully Puel has learned his lesson.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He basicay gets slated for  not producing, which means peolle expect great things from him. Showed flashes of brilliance today, getting crosses in, albeit from a deflection forcing a great save, danced past 3 defenders into the box. Isnt giving away the ball so much

This Diabate is awesome myth is gathering steam a bit prematurely, didnt do anything today but everyone says Gray had another shit game and Diabate showed him up

Cant wait til he plays for another team and scores against us. At least when we concede I will have the satisfaction of how everyone on hear said he will never be a footballer

Diabate put in a great cross for vardy didn't he that he fluffed and we then scored from the corner.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Diabate put in a great cross for vardy didn't he that he fluffed and we then scored from the corner.

And then we scored from the corner? Really??

This kind of response sums it up perfectly. Gray earned a few corners and put in good crosses. We just didnt convert

And Diabate came on when the game was won. Not exactly a difficult storm to produce in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He basicay gets slated for  not producing, which means peolle expect great things from him. Showed flashes of brilliance today, getting crosses in, albeit from a deflection forcing a great save, danced past 3 defenders into the box. Isnt giving away the ball so much

Cant wait til he plays for another team and scores against us. At least when we concede I will have the satisfaction of how everyone on hear said he will never be a footballer

I really don't think he'd have made that much difference as per my previous post. It was the finishing of chances and the couple of brilliant bits of creativity that won the game.

He played great and when he's on form he definitely can add another dimension, but him not being there doesn't make people miss the chances that were converted today. 

Today's finishing and we'd have won all three comfortably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

And then we scored from the corner? Really??

This kind of response sums it up perfectly. Gray earned a few corners and put in good crosses. We just didnt convert

And Diabate came on when the game was won. Not exactly a difficult storm to produce in

Hang on a minute, you said he did nothing. I'm stating he put in a cross that Vardy could have done much better with. That's SOMETHING! If Gray doing the same is SOMETHING.

I've said little about Gray, it was far from his worse game.

Can’t really comment on performances, didn’t go, stream or listen to the radio.

Reading the post it sounds like a convincing win against a poor side, but still lots of areas of concern regards standard of play.

Like I say can’t really comment, but happy with the result, and glad to see Iborra and nacho get a goal.

Edited by Monsell1976

My take on the game played well first half dispite the first goal defended well and took our time for the equaliser, class goal by vardy aswel BTW . Secondly half different kettle of fish we seemed hungry and went for it very clinical aswel, happy for nacho aswel hopefully he goes goal crazy now