Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

22 hours ago, sylofox said:

Well that's rendered that talking point pointless now. lollol 

You'd think there would be places on the internet where football matters for each club can be discussed.....oh and players ripped apart with those word thingies  :mellow:

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

Fuchs is going in 2019, he has another year on his contract. I'm sure Dragovic wants more playing time, but read his interview from a month or two ago and don't listen to rumours on here. He said he wanted to stay and was well aware he had people in front of him, but that they weren't long term players for us because of their age. He sounded like he had his head screwed on. Morgan will lose the armband in the summer and that opens up the position even more for him. 

Very true.

Do you not think we need a back up GK and another ball winner like Ndidi? Silva, Iborra and James aren’t great ball winners so if Ndidi got a long term injury we’d suffer. Also if we get in the Europa we’ll have more fixtures and need to rest Wilf anyway. 

31 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Very true.

Do you not think we need a back up GK and another ball winner like Ndidi? Silva, Iborra and James aren’t great ball winners so if Ndidi got a long term injury we’d suffer. Also if we get in the Europa we’ll have more fixtures and need to rest Wilf anyway. 

I think we can go without them, but if we're talking ideal world where money is no object and getting rid of all the dead wood we don't need can be done with a click of our fingers, then yes I'd like both. I just think we're going to struggle to get rid of everyone.

King, James, Mendy, Silva, Iborra, Amartey, N'didi are what we have. The question mark really is about Mendy, if we can get him back to fitness, he was very well thought of in France playing the holding role under Puel (not a tackler, but protecting the back line). I could see Puel wanting to give him a shot, but he's clearly struggling still though as he's not played since the end of Feb.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

Linked today with pereira and former nice Brazilian left back Dalbert both have played under Puel at nice pereira plays for Porto now and Dalbert in Italy not sure where I dident read full article ?

Plays for Inter Milan, joined them last summer and has played 12 league games this season, apparently Spurs were after him in January as well as them also having been in for Pereira

17 hours ago, NasPb said:

If you asked me what our team would be next year, it would be:

kasper new backup

new right back like periera, with simmo as a backup. amartey and dragovic, maguire and morgan. chilwell and new left back, unless fuchs stays.

new winger for mahrez, we keep diabate, gray if he wants to stay, if not then we sign someone else, albrighton. midfield would be iborra james ndidi silva, we do not need anyone there.

strikers vardy iheanacho okazaki and maybe someone like rondon.

Rondon ? Hope we would be able to sign someone a bit better than that.

3 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

Get rid of John Rudkin and let the manager have control over recruitment. The Director of Football structure is a waste of time and does nothing but undermine the manager.

The manager works with the DoF. Successful clubs have teams that work in the background supporting the manager. Rudkin is only as good as the recruitment team & for my money he is doing a good job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

I fear the budget may well be increased by the sales of players we can ill afford to lose.

I expect serious bids for Mahrez, Ndidi, Maguire, Gray and possibly Vardy.

Three of those players (Ndidi, Maguire, Vardy) we won't even consider selling for anywhere near what clubs would be willing to offer us.

Mahrez might still stay if none of the top 4 English clubs or Barcelona want to meet our massive valuation. Now that he's had a sniff of an offer from Man City, I can't see him accepting EL football at Chelsea/Arsenal who had been his main suitors previously. He'd be signing a 4 year deal with his new club taking him to 31 and I don't think he'd get himself locked into a club without guaranteed CL every year.

Gray we might reluctantly accept a high offer for, but only if Mahrez stays AND we get a Gray replacement.

5 hours ago, brucey said:

Three of those players (Ndidi, Maguire, Vardy) we won't even consider selling for anywhere near what clubs would be willing to offer us.

Mahrez might still stay if none of the top 4 English clubs or Barcelona want to meet our massive valuation. Now that he's had a sniff of an offer from Man City, I can't see him accepting EL football at Chelsea/Arsenal who had been his main suitors previously. He'd be signing a 4 year deal with his new club taking him to 31 and I don't think he'd get himself locked into a club without guaranteed CL every year.

Gray we might reluctantly accept a high offer for, but only if Mahrez stays AND we get a Gray replacement.

We've got a Gray replacement *if* Mahrez stays: Diabate.

Edited by UPinCarolina

11 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

We've got a Gray replacement *if* Mahrez stays: Diabate.

I think he was bought as a Gray replacement initially, but I see Diabate as an Okazaki replacement now. At least I'd much rather see Diabate play 10 than Gray or Riyad.

Either way having 3 wingers for 2 spots is leaving us a bit short, we're lucky we haven't had any significant winger injury for years 

Edited by brucey

27 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Should put a 4 million pound bid in for drinkwater. 

Be brilliant if that would happen of course it wouldn't thou or would it 

See if we can get him for less than £13m, so we sold Drinkwater, and bought Silva and Drinkwater for the same price. lol