Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

13 minutes ago, treer said:

City will buy Rondon, whether Wba get relegated or not.

In all likelihood both Slimani and Ulloa will be returned to us in the summer, do we really need the option of having 3 large lumps up front?

56 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Zouma might be a shout if stoke go down.

Like the mentions of Mawson and Redmond. I still think Zaha's end product is lacking but I think we would be more balanced with him then Palace are and that might help us see an improvement from him.

Zouma's on loan so won't be Stokes to sell 

20 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Thoughts on Walsh at Everton wanting Vardy ? I know what mine is and it involves Walsh and a pair of nutcrackers

Walsh can want Vardy all he likes. I'm sure Walsh wants Mahrez too. Does anyone genuinely believe Everton can poach our players?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

I get sick and tired of hearing people say "buy squad players". We should always be aiming to improve our first eleven first and foremost.

Whilst I do not completely disagree with you there is merit in players that you think may complement the squad.  I clearly stated we should buy both.  Moreover, you may classify Albrighton, Huth, Simpson and Okazaki as "only squad players".  Sometimes folk can perform better than expected.  I just mean a bench of Phillips, Cresswell, Simpson, etc might not be a bad thing.  However, your input is valid and I take your point.  Thank you.  X

Just a center half and top quality winger if Mahrez goes. 

Would retain Slimani as a plan b but shift Mendy, Musa, Kaputska, Bennalouane, Ulloa. 

Our big big money signings rarely work so not overly fussed about glamour transfers. 

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I can see Puel getting a few Southampton players, especially if they go down. Would like Bertrand, Cedric and possibly Redmond as a backup. That's probably £40m there. 

Not too sure about that lol

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/610463/Southampton-Claude-Puel-Nathan-Redmond-Shane-Long-Ryan-Bertrand-Premier-League

A host of Saints stars including England duo Ryan Bertrand and Nathan Redmond have fallen out with their French boss after becoming disillusioned with his style of management.

England defender Bertrand is now ready to quit the club in the summer if Puel stays in charge.

There are also genuine fears that star defender Virgil van Dijk will leave if Puel doesn’t.

Senior players are understood to have voiced their concerns to director of football Les Reed following a series of rows between Puel and his players.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Not too sure about that lol

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/610463/Southampton-Claude-Puel-Nathan-Redmond-Shane-Long-Ryan-Bertrand-Premier-League

A host of Saints stars including England duo Ryan Bertrand and Nathan Redmond have fallen out with their French boss after becoming disillusioned with his style of management.

England defender Bertrand is now ready to quit the club in the summer if Puel stays in charge.

There are also genuine fears that star defender Virgil van Dijk will leave if Puel doesn’t.

Senior players are understood to have voiced their concerns to director of football Les Reed following a series of rows between Puel and his players.

Fair enough lol

4 hours ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Hopefully we go for players who by us signing them would at least show some ambition. English or home grown players would also be good. So let's take a punt on the likes of:

Luke Shaw (available on a free)

Ryan Bertrand

James Ward-Prowse

Ryan Sessegnon ( his form since New Year has been incredible) 

I would also be happy to see us try for Wijnaldum from Liverpool. They have to be pretty close to a full 25 man squad and the 17 non HG player limit with Keita still to arrive from Leipzig. Wijnaldum has to be right down the queue in terms of selection. He simply isn't important to them so would probably be available at a fair price plus he's a good player. 

Some might not agree but Shaw is a great shout.  X

4 hours ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Hopefully we go for players who by us signing them would at least show some ambition. English or home grown players would also be good. So let's take a punt on the likes of:

Luke Shaw (available on a free)

Ryan Bertrand

James Ward-Prowse

Ryan Sessegnon ( his form since New Year has been incredible) 

I would also be happy to see us try for Wijnaldum from Liverpool. They have to be pretty close to a full 25 man squad and the 17 non HG player limit with Keita still to arrive from Leipzig. Wijnaldum has to be right down the queue in terms of selection. He simply isn't important to them so would probably be available at a fair price plus he's a good player. 

Teams such as PSG and Man Utd have been interested for way more than a year so I doubt we'd have a sniff. Like the idea of Bertrand and Ward-Prowse but there was reports last season that some of the Southampton players really disliked Puel. Shaw would be a good shout though, still very young. 

we would get 120 million from pl money

90 million from financial statment profits

so 210 million 

-80 for new training ground 130m

-70 for player wages

+11 from season tickets

77 million pounds left over

+85 million mharez

the incoming player wage budget would take up 20% of the 162  million so

129 million pounds transfer kitty

this is just speculatory and i have probably missed something

Edited by Fightforever
Riyad

I expect; Fuchs, Hamer, Huth, Benalouane, Slimani, Musa Mahrez all to move on. 

I hope we'd bring in; a new left back, a new right back, Dragovic, cover for Kasper, cover at the back, replacement for Mahrez and possibly a striker. 

2 hours ago, Fightforever said:

we would get 120 million from pl money

90 million from financial statment profits

so 210 million 

-80 for new training ground 130m

-70 for player wages

+11 from season tickets

77 million pounds left over 

the incoming player wage budget would take up 20% of the 77 million so

62 million pounds transfer kitty

this is just speculatory and i have probably missed something

Outgoing transfers! 

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Walsh can want Vardy all he likes. I'm sure Walsh wants Mahrez too. Does anyone genuinely believe Everton can poach our players?

Maybe they will poach Wes and Huth?