Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

I fully expect quite a few coming in this summer as that’s the only way we can change our style to the way Puel wants. possession.

RB

CB

Winger

CAM

ST

then probably another couple for rotational while also getting rid of a few like Hamer, Huth, Fuchs?, Benny, King, Mahrez, Mendy, Slimani, Ulloa and probably a few others I’ve forgot 

53 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

With all the goings on at Chelsea would anyone take Drinkwater back?

If we sign another CM it needs to be someone with similar attributes to NDidi imo, especially if we get into Europe. We won’t be able to rely on Ndidi being our only destroyer/ball winner due to the amount of games we’ll have.

Infact signing some competition for Ndidi’s position should be a priority, or we could promote Hamza from the youth if he’s good enough. 

Iborra/Silva/James are good options for the other position. 

Edited by foxes21

I believe this will be one of the biggest summers of change in my memory,

Puel will want to bring in his own players and twinned with the fact that Mahrez will definitely have left and Ndidi and Maguire are quite possible (not to mention Musa, Slimani, Ulloa, Kaspustka etc) he could be looking at £200m to spend just from incoming fees!

Add to this that the likes of Simpson, Morgan and Fuchs are almost certainly going to be upgraded and the last remnants of the title winning side will be gone.

Puel for whatever reason doesn’t seem to fancy Iborra or Silva that much. The jury’s still out on Nacho and that’s basically a whole new side.

In fact if I had to put money on which of our first team players will more than likely be here on the first day of next season it’d be Vardy, Albrighton, Okazaki, James, Schmeichel and Chilwell. The rest you could argue have a decent chance they’ll either be forceably moved on or sold for big money 

Edited by Staffs Fox

2 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

With all the goings on at Chelsea would anyone take Drinkwater back?

Wouldn't take him back even for free.

He's on what 120k? What message does that send out. Feel free to push for a move to a big club, if you fail we'll take you back and make you our top earner.

Besides, we've already spent his 35m fee on two players for his CM position (Iborra and Silva), neither of which are getting enough game time. Plus we've also got James now which we didn't when we sold Drinky. Drinky isn't that much better than James, he's had his fair share of abysmal performances too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

On BBC Red Button - Football Headlines - Thursday's Gossip - "Leicester City manager Claude Puel is expected to be given a significant transfer budget this summer. (Leicester Mercury)".

Unfortunately, one of those press statements that hint a lot but state nothing beyond some indeterminate figure.

Kind of talk that does literally nothing except for raise fans' expectations.

1 hour ago, Staffs Fox said:

I believe this will be one of the biggest summers of change in my memory,

Puel will want to bring in his own players and twinned with the fact that Mahrez will definitely have left and Ndidi and Maguire are quite possible (not to mention Musa, Slimani, Ulloa, Kaspustka etc) he could be looking at £200m to spend just from incoming fees!

Add to this that the likes of Simpson, Morgan and Fuchs are almost certainly going to be upgraded and the last remnants of the title winning side will be gone.

Puel for whatever reason doesn’t seem to fancy Iborra or Silva that much. The jury’s still out on Nacho and that’s basically a whole new side.

In fact if I had to put money on which of our first team players will more than likely be here on the first day of next season it’d be Vardy, Albrighton, Okazaki, James, Schmeichel and Chilwell. The rest you could argue have a decent chance they’ll either be forceably moved on or sold for big money 

Given how the owners acted with Mahrez I can't see them rolling over for Ndidi and Maguire personally. They seem ambitious to compete and we don't need to sell anyone unless we want to as the latest figures have stated. Mahrez now has a value distributed to potential buyers from the January situation. Only a few clubs will be capable of paying that kind of cash. 

I think our players currently on loan elsewhere will be moved on. Even King - it sounds like he is enjoying swansea. 

I think we need to be very careful about having an almost brand new XI. It can be done, such as wolves over the summer, but it can also fail spectacularly like Everton. Have to get the right personnel. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Hopefully we go for players who by us signing them would at least show some ambition. English or home grown players would also be good. So let's take a punt on the likes of:

Luke Shaw (available on a free)

Ryan Bertrand

James Ward-Prowse

Ryan Sessegnon ( his form since New Year has been incredible) 

I would also be happy to see us try for Wijnaldum from Liverpool. They have to be pretty close to a full 25 man squad and the 17 non HG player limit with Keita still to arrive from Leipzig. Wijnaldum has to be right down the queue in terms of selection. He simply isn't important to them so would probably be available at a fair price plus he's a good player. 

Ryan Sessegnon no chance but I would cream my jeans if we did sign him.

11 hours ago, Fightforever said:

we would get 120 million from pl money

90 million from financial statment profits

so 210 million 

-80 for new training ground 130m

-70 for player wages

+11 from season tickets

77 million pounds left over

+85 million mharez

the incoming player wage budget would take up 20% of the 162  million so

129 million pounds transfer kitty

this is just speculatory and i have probably missed something

Mascot money :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Our main focus should be how to replace Mahrez (as I think we all expect him to leave in the Summer if the right bid comes in).  Obviously, we won't be able to replace him with a similar world class player as any player of that calibre won't come to us, so the chances are we will be a weaker team next season without him.  The scouts must be working overtime right now trying to identify appropriate replacements.

I'd like to see us all over Kenedy if Newcastle are trying to sign him.  Possibly Adama Traore too, who's started to put in some good consistent performances under Pulis at Middlesbrough.  Now he's acclimatised to the physical nature and quickness of English football.

Edited by breadandcheese

14 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Whilst I do not completely disagree with you there is merit in players that you think may complement the squad.  I clearly stated we should buy both.  Moreover, you may classify Albrighton, Huth, Simpson and Okazaki as "only squad players".  Sometimes folk can perform better than expected.  I just mean a bench of Phillips, Cresswell, Simpson, etc might not be a bad thing.  However, your input is valid and I take your point.  Thank you.  X

Truth to be told Rumble, I didn’t actually see your post :ph34r:.

Let me explain my personal opinion. We’ve seen over recent windows the likes of Musa, Mendy and Slimani, a player I actually quite like, come in to “compliment” what we already have and tank. Then you have the likes of Zieler and Jakupovic to “compliment” Kasper and Hernandez (remember him) come in at the back who was never going to be a starter.

Where we’ve done well is with N’Didi to come directly in to the Kante void and Maguire to start at centre back. So for me, I think a player like Thorgan Hazard would start for us with or without Mahrez. Lewis Dunk, a player we’ve been linked with, would be first team material in my opinion, with or without Maguire who will get attention this summer. We should be looking to sign a fullback for either side. Simpson is great defensively if we’re playing kick and run, but can’t pass five yards. Chilwell is improving but not ready to be first choice, while Fuchs is sadly on the decline.

This is the one that will irk people, but I know there will also be a few who agree with me. If we want to progress as a club, it is time to sign a new first choice goalkeeper. Schmeichel has not had “one or two bad games”, he’s made a catalogue of errors and is the principle reason we can’t defend set pieces. I expect to see a promising, imposing ‘keeper come in as we evolve.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fightforever said:

so 210 million 

-70 for player wages

+11 from season tickets

+85 million mharez

209 million. I think additional funds will be made available to cover the training ground cost.

Just now, Gerbold said:

The Club will resist any attempt to prise either Wilf or Mags away. The Srivaddhanaprabas are ambitious to compete. Vichai pretty well announced that from the off. Prospective buyers for Mahrez know that they'll have to come up with the right cash if they want him. I'm not convinced there's a posse of clubs who're going to compete for him. He's not awfully consistent nor is he a player who will put 100% in. I just wonder what Puel and the owners really think about the situation.

Depending on who might want to leave, the positions that need cover or 'upgrading' have already been discussed and agreed by most posters. Mahrez is the tricky one. Do you bring two attacking midfielders in or trust that Diabate will come good and just replace (if it's possible to replace a 'genius') Mahrez with a player with some form of good pedigree.

Yes sorry that's what I was trying to say at the start of my post in regards to Wilf/Mags. 

I still have a shred of hope that Mahrez will actually stay. Man City will go for someone else I think, or maybe forced into panic buying players given their potential transfer embargo from this recent investigation into their youth recruitment. Can't see him at Man Utd. Spurs wouldn't pay the money. Arsenal wouldn't either. Abroad - PSG perhaps but they have a wealth of talent on the wings (and actual wealth). 

2 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I heard Puel say “it’s going to be a very tough summer”. What did he mean by that? 

World cup on and shorter transfer window. Business needs to be done early this summer.

Just now, Tringfox said:

I heard Puel say “it’s going to be a very tough summer”. What did he mean by that? 

Probably the world cup and shortened transfer window. Most signings will probably need to be sorted before the tournament where possible. 

12 hours ago, Fightforever said:

so 210 million 

-70 for player wages

+11 from season tickets

+85 million mharez

You've missed a lot: Tax, Wages are £113m, money already spent on players.

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

We’re not , it’s the Leicester Mercury speculating 

But the Mercury would not ever print anything the club didnt want it to. Its far to reliant on fillings its pages with LCFC

I'd like to see us sign dragovic and possibly one other cb my choice would be Nathan Ake. 

An attacking RB for obvious reasons, maybe Pereira from Porto. 

And two wingers I think with Mahrez going and none of the other options looking overly impressive we should bring two in. Gelson martins and David Neres would be my picks  

Then just clear out the dead wood and we'll be adding to the 1 pl trophy lol