Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

2 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

He's been playing in an ineffectual team. The goal he scored against us last Saturday, from the assist by Burke, was textbook. He's scored against us three times since 2015. Whenever Leicester play the Baggies and I see his name on the roster it troubles me. Personally I wouldn't see him fitting in and I don't see Ulloa or Slimani returning of their own free will. To paraphrase Frankie Wortho, if asked  "two lumps or three?" I'd have to decline. None of the top six clubs are reliant on the traditional hulk up front - they rely on quicker, more subtle players - but, having stated that, Rondon certainly knows where the net is.

Depends on your definition of 'reliant', but I'd suggest Chelsea showed their cards playing Giroud up front for most of what was their biggest game of the season.

57 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Truth to be told Rumble, I didn’t actually see your post :ph34r:.

Let me explain my personal opinion. We’ve seen over recent windows the likes of Musa, Mendy and Slimani, a player I actually quite like, come in to “compliment” what we already have and tank. Then you have the likes of Zieler and Jakupovic to “compliment” Kasper and Hernandez (remember him) come in at the back who was never going to be a starter.

Where we’ve done well is with N’Didi to come directly in to the Kante void and Maguire to start at centre back. So for me, I think a player like Thorgan Hazard would start for us with or without Mahrez. Lewis Dunk, a player we’ve been linked with, would be first team material in my opinion, with or without Maguire who will get attention this summer. We should be looking to sign a fullback for either side. Simpson is great defensively if we’re playing kick and run, but can’t pass five yards. Chilwell is improving but not ready to be first choice, while Fuchs is sadly on the decline.

This is the one that will irk people, but I know there will also be a few who agree with me. If we want to progress as a club, it is time to sign a new first choice goalkeeper. Schmeichel has not had “one or two bad games”, he’s made a catalogue of errors and is the principle reason we can’t defend set pieces. I expect to see a promising, imposing ‘keeper come in as we evolve.

Good post.  Yeah I think we agree in the main.  It is probably more to do with semantics than a fundamental disagreement.  I want players that can come in and do a job for the first team (and who have a potential to improve it and improve themselves) but I don't mind us picking up "solid" players that can do a job.  People like Ulloa, King, etc played vital roles in our title win.  To be honest I am not completely against you regarding Kasper.  I love him, one could argue he has been our best goalkeeper ever (before anyone starts, not in terms of best career overall or most talented but best in terms of what he has achieved with our club) but I do think we would benefit from a more progressive keeper who is quicker off his line and better with the ball at his feet.  I like the way Puel is taking us in terms of style and I think a goalkeeper and defence that are comfortable on the ball are key.

In an ideal world every player we sign would be an improvement on what we already have but I feel players like, for example, Cresswell or Reid might not be guaranteed first teamers but would certainly enhance our squad.  

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, hairy said:

But the Mercury would not ever print anything the club didnt want it to. Its far to reliant on fillings its pages with LCFC

Any relationship between the club and the mercury bit the just a long time ago. This is the mercury doing nothing more than looking at our financial results, putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 7.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Love threads like this  We can all spout utter b0lloks and pretend it's champ manager.  :)

I tend to agree with what a few people have already said in that we need a right back, a left back a centre back a replacement for Mahrez if he leaves.  I actually think midfield and up top we are OK (I think Siva will come good).

Trippier would be my first signing and then, and bear with me, I would go for Keane as he has a point to prove.  Failing that I like Tarkowski or Mawson.  I would love us to have a CB partnership that we could nurture and grow for 8 years or so.  I love Fuchs, great player and great character but I do get the impression maybe he has lost a little hunger so I would like us to get another LB to compete with Chilwell (don't shoot me for this but I would be happy with Cresswell).  I think Simpson would be good back up (if he is willing to stay as that) to any new RB and Amartey I like as a squad player.

I honestly think we would be OK without signing anyone else unless of course Mahrez leaves.  If he does then I have no idea who we could replace him with, he is truly a beautiful footballer.  I think gentle evolution is the way to go, we certainly do not need an overhaul.  

We'll see. 

X

Why don't you try to sign Stephen Ward (better than Cresswell) from Burnley? Then the Foxes could field an ENTIRE Clarets or ex-Clarets back four in Trippier, Keane, Tarkowski and Ward.:)

If the Foxes backed off from the thought of paying a big fee for Keane last summer, the chances of signing Tarkowski would be even less (he signed a new, long-term deal only last month). Arsenal are also very interested.

Edited by lancyclaret
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hairy said:

But the Mercury would not ever print anything the club didnt want it to. Its far to reliant on fillings its pages with LCFC

The Mercury will print what ever it legally can to sell papers, just  like all other newspapers .In some cases it’s not even legal 

7 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I would go for: 

RB

Dragovic

Lascelles (Newcastle)

Shakiri

Fraser Forster (pressure Kasper)

Get Mendy and Slim in and have a good run out in pre season. 

Don't rate forster rather get pope from burnley. I do like lascelles but that would be unlikely. Quite like trawkoski, would love us to get those 2 just to see the look on dyche face. 

Why do people want Ward-Prowse? I know he's a gifted player, but can't see where he fits in.

I'd like us to look at:

-GK competition (Adrian?)

-Trippier

-Bertrand

-Dragovic

-T. Hazard / Lanzini

Leon Bailey would be great too, but never going to happen!

On 14/03/2018 at 14:11, Wymeswold fox said:

Might be going against the grain here, but should the club consider trying to get a long-term replacement for Schmeichel?

Yes!

10 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Don't rate forster rather get pope from burnley. I do like lascelles but that would be unlikely. Quite like trawkoski, would love us to get those 2 just to see the look on dyche face. 

You might get Pope if you pay an absolute fortune (his value has rocketed after the England call-up) but forget about Tarkowski - Arsenal are first in line should he move and he signed a new four-year deal only last month. Burnley making sure any would-be buyers would have to pay through the nose. You've more chance of landing the inferior Lascelles.

If Heaton wins backs his place, I expect Pope will want to move but I think we will get one more season from Tarkowski before he joins a "Top Six" team.

Ben Mee is the player most Burnley fans would hate to lose - far more important to us than Tarkowski or Michael Keane.:) Keane is only half the player without Mee at his side - I think Tarkowski will have realised this.

Edited by lancyclaret

People need to stop worrying about not getting a replacement for Mahrez.

if people actully thought about it we will actually find a very very good player, yea it wont be Mahrez but could get a player quite equal to him.

If a player knew that he was coming to our club as Mahrez replacement then you could be surprised on the names we could possibly get,

its not like we were 12 years ago, we are actually quite an attractive club to play for now and you never know the player we get who replaces him coul dhave a much more of a impact on games than mahrez does.

although i could be very wrong.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

People need to stop worrying about not getting a replacement for Mahrez.

if people actully thought about it we will actually find a very very good player, yea it wont be Mahrez but could get a player quite equal to him.

If a player knew that he was coming to our club as Mahrez replacement then you could be surprised on the names we could possibly get,

its not like we were 12 years ago, we are actually quite an attractive club to play for now and you never know the player we get who replaces him coul dhave a much more of a impact on games than mahrez does.

although i could be very wrong.

Yeah you're very wrong

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:38, lcfc sheff said:

Curtis davies could be a half decent cb and on the cheap, although i'd prefer to start to push the youth we have first.

Fvcking hell looks like the Russians have hacked Foxestalk, this post has been moved from  the who should the new Thai owners buy thread and has taken about 8 or 9 years to land

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm never an advocate for whole sale changes but I can see Puel shifting a fair few bodies. I totally agree that to go forward now we have to improve our Starting 11. I'd favour this over squad players as a general rule. With that in mind, considering we have several relatively large financial assets out on loan, I expect to see multiple outgoings from that area plus one or two additional departures from the main squad - likely Mahrez and there are a few others with suspect futures - to facilitate spending on the starting 11. Obviously this depends on the remainder of the season and whether or not we make Europe, but supposing we don't it's clear from January he sees the squad as bloated:

Outgoings: Ulloa, Kapustka, Slimani, Musa, Benalouane, Jakupovic and Mahrez - aside from Riyad I can't see us missing anyone and even if he doesn't go, those players should add some decent spending power. 

Out of Contracts/Unknowns: Huth and Hamer are out of contract. I'm not sure on Huth but I think Hamer might get a new deal. Callum Elder has one year left on his deal and at 23, I can see him being moved on for a nominal fee. Be interested to see what happens with King and Mendy, no clue what Puel will do here but again, both players have a decent market value. Then obviously, there's uncertainty on whether the club will go with Dragovic on a permanent deal, I personally hope we do. If we don't that has to signal Puel's intent to sign another quality CB before you even consider the Maguire to City rumours and Morgan's age/Huth's injury/Benalouane being shit.