Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

39 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

People need to stop worrying about not getting a replacement for Mahrez.

if people actully thought about it we will actually find a very very good player, yea it wont be Mahrez but could get a player quite equal to him.

If a player knew that he was coming to our club as Mahrez replacement then you could be surprised on the names we could possibly get,

its not like we were 12 years ago, we are actually quite an attractive club to play for now and you never know the player we get who replaces him coul dhave a much more of a impact on games than mahrez does.

although i could be very wrong.

Like? 

Well actually, that exact reason will put the majority of the already limited talent pool that the club has access to off. The expectations are just too high. the player will put all the things into consideration and the upsides are just not "up" enough. the city isn't the most glamorous, there's little to no media love, "stability". isn't exactly the first thing that pops up in your head when you think about the club, the ridiculously high production that he has to replace and the body of work that he has to immolate/replicate is too much.

but the biggest deterrent of them all is the leniency, or lack of to be precise from the owners when it comes to the benefit of the club above all (like it should be, the owners shouldn't allow other clubs to bully them) and the no nonsense attitude in regards to contracts and transfer negotiations will make the line of potential incomings that much shorter.

Many parties are to blame for the situation that we are in right now, including Mahrez. His unwillingness to commit his future here got the club in a tight corner. he could've been a massive bargening chip in nogotiations to attract high caliber players (like how barca is doing now by using the name of messi to attract players. obviously the comparison is disproportionate because the club and Mahrez aren't as big as barca and Messi but that's neither here nor there)

We could strike gold again and lightning can hit the same spot for the second time in a row. We could get a RM who has better production than Mahrez (who has a better production than the world class Hazard). Who knows?

19 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Outgoings: Ulloa, Kapustka, Slimani, Musa, Benalouane, Jakupovic and Mahrez - aside from Riyad I can't see us missing anyone and even if he doesn't go, those players should add some decent spending power. 

Easier said than done.

Most teams won't be able to pay our wages let alone a fee to.

Of them on loan its not like any are pulling up trees. Has slim even made a match squad yet.

Baring Mahrez most of them will go for peanuts.

On 15/03/2018 at 08:44, Gerbold said:

On BBC Red Button - Football Headlines - Thursday's Gossip - "Leicester City manager Claude Puel is expected to be given a significant transfer budget this summer. (Leicester Mercury)".

Unfortunately, one of those press statements that hint a lot but state nothing beyond some indeterminate figure.

Why on earth would they quote a figure? 

37 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Easier said than done.

Most teams won't be able to pay our wages let alone a fee to.

Of them on loan its not like any are pulling up trees. Has slim even made a match squad yet.

Baring Mahrez most of them will go for peanuts.

It’s also a case of whether teams actually want them. Kapustka isn’t even getting a look in at Freiburg where he was supposed to go to get game time. Tbf to Slimani he has been injured so it has turned out to be a brilliant bit of business by us because he wouldn’t have been available to play anyway so we’ve additionally managed to get him off the wage bill

2 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

if people actully thought about it we will actually find a very very good player, yea it wont be Mahrez but could get a player quite equal to him.

If a player knew that he was coming to our club as Mahrez replacement then you could be surprised on the names we could possibly get,

its not like we were 12 years ago, we are actually quite an attractive club to play for now and you never know the player we get who replaces him coul dhave a much more of a impact on games than mahrez does.

Don’t agree one bit 

36 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Don’t agree one bit 

Brilliant haha im glad you dont agree one bit but why is that?

Are you one of those people that dont like change and is not comfortable when it happens.

look at the end of the day no player is irreplaceable im not being funny and im not comparing it one bit.

when knockeart left he was a fan favourite and we let him go we didnt think Mahrez could fill his shoes to the standard he did.

if we ended up with Thorgan hazard id be more than happy with that replacement, and i think he would do equally as good as mahrez if not stand out much more 

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

I personally we think we have a Mahrez replacement in Diabate. Not a like-for-like, of course. We ought to use Mahrez money to improve the most aged portions of the Starting 11.

good player but i think he would be more effective as a striker in all honesty 

1 hour ago, RutlanderFox said:

It’s also a case of whether teams actually want them. Kapustka isn’t even getting a look in at Freiburg where he was supposed to go to get game time. Tbf to Slimani he has been injured so it has turned out to be a brilliant bit of business by us because he wouldn’t have been available to play anyway so we’ve additionally managed to get him off the wage bill

I was not having a dig at Slim i know hes injured. But thats not going to help us sell him.

But my point was more people put up lists of players that will go in the summer. Yeah great but the reality is most will still be here come September.

Clearing this deadwood out will be even harder than it was for Pearson after Sven.

Victims of our own success. Buying poor paying high wages. Most of our deadwood will be here till contract ends just like Gally.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I was not having a dig at Slim i know hes injured. But thats not going to help us sell him.

But my point was more people put up lists of players that will go in the summer. Yeah great but the reality is most will still be here come September.

Clearing this deadwood out will be even harder than it was for Pearson after Sven.

Victims of our own success. Buying poor paying high wages. Most of our deadwood will be here till contract ends just like Gally.

Absolutely correct I feel , we will have done good business just to get a couple off the books.

I cant see much coming in as i'm not  sure we will get a decent bid for Mahrez . I wouldn't be surprised if he was here till his contract ran out.

We don't really have that much deadwood, Mendy, Kapustka and maybe Ulloa are probably the only ones we will struggle to shift.

There won't be a shortage of takers for Slim, we may not get 30m but we'll still get a decent chunk back. Musa is doing well and CSKA will likely be happy to buy him back at a discount. King is good enough and cheap enough for a low Prem/any Championship club. Huth's and Hamer's contracts are over. The rest of them, Jakupovic, James, even Benny are good enough for essential backup.

Edited by brucey

On 3/15/2018 at 11:18, Tringfox said:

I heard Puel say “it’s going to be a very tough summer”. What did he mean by that? 

It's never easy telling players they are no longer wanted. I said a while ago that I expect up to 6 or 7 to be moved out.

This needs to happen in May early June so as we can get our targets in. Otherwise you run the risk of losing them to clubs who can make an early commitment.Keep our best and add 4 top players then we will be ready to move into the top 6.

4 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Only part of this post that holds some truth. :thumbup:

On ‎15‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 13:14, ARM1968 said:

Careful business and we could seriously improve the first 11 and squad during the summer. We could easily build a top 6 team

I'd love to know how. Please explain.

On 3/15/2018 at 13:45, Gazza M said:

I would go for: 

RB

Dragovic

Lascelles (Newcastle)

Shakiri

Fraser Forster (pressure Kasper)

Get Mendy and Slim in and have a good run out in pre season. 

No no no.

Don't rate him at all personally.