Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

I think we should look at signing players who are proven in the Premier League rather than trying to find the next Kante in France, Portugal etc. With the exception of Ndidi, that policy has been a major failure.

Which players from the teams below us have impressed? Here are my thoughts - obviously not suggesting that we sign all of them, but just throwing a few names into the ring to see what everyone else thinks.

West Ham - Antonio, Lanzini, Kouyate, Arnautovic

Southampton - Cedric, Romeu, Tadic, Adams

WBA - Rondon

Stoke - Shaqiri

Watford - Janmaat

Swansea - Mawson

Edited by 49er

Hoping we can pick up 2 or 3 decent young unknowns that will keep a few of the older players like Morgan, albrighton etc on their toes. Dragovic on a permanent deal would be good and get it done early. A right back obviously would be good. I can see James being a good option for one of the teams that come up for a bit of prem experience on loan. Be suprised to see huth get another deal if he doesn't get fit/games before the end of the season. Hamer looks like he has a good time being a back up keeper here so can't imagine he will move, be good to see a few of the younger players get a run out if we fall to far behind 7th see if anyone could do a job next season 

6 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Brilliant haha im glad you dont agree one bit but why is that?

Are you one of those people that dont like change and is not comfortable when it happens.

look at the end of the day no player is irreplaceable im not being funny and im not comparing it one bit.

when knockeart left he was a fan favourite and we let him go we didnt think Mahrez could fill his shoes to the standard he did.

if we ended up with Thorgan hazard id be more than happy with that replacement, and i think he would do equally as good as mahrez if not stand out much more 

Time will tell I suppose, but im pretty certain that Leicester won’t be able to attract someone who is even close to what Mahrez brings to Leicester.

Hazard is decent but not sure what you have seen of him to suggest he could fill Mahrez’ boots.

Would love us to pair ndidi with watford's doucoure. Think that midfield pair would give us the base to really push up the league.

I want a new rb, rw and lw if mahrez goes. With the wingers I want us to look above our station. Look at players like malcolm or leon Bailey. Out of our league on paper but sometimes the big clubs don't bid despite the noise and an opening might exist to bring them to England. If the big clubs do go in for them at that point we can move for more  realistic targets. I just worry that we really need more than just a decent quality winger to have any hope of not dropping 20 points just by losing Mahrez.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Gabbiadini? Not starting for Southampton for some reason, but Puel got the best out of him. 

Really slow, but pretty good on the ball for a big man and could help us break teams down.

Also puel signed him last season in the january transfer window. I would also add lemina from Southampton who imo looks very impressive. 

Maybe Leon Bailey isn’t as unrealistic as people first thought, he’s become eligible to play for England. Therefore may fancy his chances in the premier league to enhance his reputation. Be a great replacement IF Mahrez does go.

With regards to what I think we need:

CB - Mawson/Dragovic

RB - Trippier

Winger - Leon Bailey 

No. 10 - Hazard

Striker - Gayle (I think we need someone who has like for like attributes to Vardy)

We're not gonna replace Mahrez like for like but we can fill his void. People also questioned if we could replace Kante, and I know Ndidi isn't on his level, but we've moved on from Kante and done relatively well.

I don’t think we need too many new players to be honest, sign Drago, 2 new full backs and then the biggest thing will be a Mahrez replacement - Zaha? Hazard? Bailey? And maybe a better back up keeper to pressure Kasper other than that I think we’re ok.

On 14/03/2018 at 13:18, StriderHiryu said:

Sadly I expect Mahrez to go, so add 75M+ to the kitty. I think we will sign a RB, an experienced CB (Dragovic or Evans) and 2 Riyad type players (players that can play on the wing or the forward three). We've been linked with Gudmondsson of Burnley, Rafa Silva of Benfica, Andros Townsend and Thorgen Hazard, so expect those names will come up again the summer. If Southampton get relegated (which I don't think will happen), then I expect us to sign a number of their players, wih Tadic, Redmond and Boufal all possibilities.

If we do lose Mahrez, I would like us to go for Leon Bailey of Leverkusen, who used to play with Ndidi and who Wes Morgan knows very well from the Jamaican national team. But he is playing really well and they look like qualifying for the Champions League, so he might not be realistic target.

If Southampton go down I’d love us to go for Ward-Prowse. Would imagine Liverpool would get him though

18 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Every time I’ve watched Newcastle on tv, Jonjo Shelvey has been outstanding. Passing is superb, makes tackles, tracks back. Would like us to go for him.

The highlighted his poor fitness and concentration levels on MOTD the other week, it showed him standing around on the edge of the penalty area doing nothing whilst the opposition scored, if those 2 aspects of his game can be sorted he’d make a great player.

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Maybe Leon Bailey isn’t as unrealistic as people first thought, he’s become eligible to play for England. Therefore may fancy his chances in the premier league to enhance his reputation. Be a great replacement IF Mahrez does go.

With regards to what I think we need:

CB - Mawson/Dragovic

RB - Trippier

Winger - Leon Bailey 

No. 10 - Hazard

Striker - Gayle (I think we need someone who has like for like attributes to Vardy)

Leon Bailey doesn't qualify to play for England I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The highlighted his poor fitness and concentration levels on MOTD the other week, it showed him standing around on the edge of the penalty area doing nothing whilst the opposition scored, if those 2 aspects of his game can be sorted he’d make a great player.

Ah, fair enough, didn’t see that. Maybe he needs a fresh start with a team going places !? Newcastle must be such a frustrating team to play for. They have great support & fanbase, but have poor owners with no ambition other than survival and that’s difficult when they don’t spend any money