Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

On 3/16/2018 at 20:45, toddybad said:

Would love us to pair ndidi with watford's doucoure. Think that midfield pair would give us the base to really push up the league.

I want a new rb, rw and lw if mahrez goes. With the wingers I want us to look above our station. Look at players like malcolm or leon Bailey. Out of our league on paper but sometimes the big clubs don't bid despite the noise and an opening might exist to bring them to England. If the big clubs do go in for them at that point we can move for more  realistic targets. I just worry that we really need more than just a decent quality winger to have any hope of not dropping 20 points just by losing Mahrez.

Leon Bailey is at a similar sized club to our's so he'll probably move on to bigger things or stay where he is.

I like the premise of your post though. You hear of players in South America that are linked with Real Madrid or Barcelona continually that never quite get their move. As one of the top 20/25 richest clubs in the world playing in the most high profile league in the world I'm sure we could get almost any player in South America providing they didn't have a better option than us. I'm all for signing the best young players on that continent as even if we only had them for a year or two and sold them on at a profit.

The same with buying young players at smaller clubs and inferior leagues on the continent. We were linked with Leon Bailey before he went to Leverkusen but never made a move for him. 

Signing the best young players in the world that you can would always be my strategy if you couple it with intensive scouting. You're always likely to have as many hits as misses but there's a good chance you can still get your money back with the misses.

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Leon Bailey is at a similar sized club to our's so he'll probably move on to bigger things or stay where he is.

I like the premise of your post though. You hear of players in South America that are linked with Real Madrid or Barcelona continually that never quite get their move. As one of the top 20/25 richest clubs in the world playing in the most high profile league in the world I'm sure we could get almost any player in South America providing they didn't have a better option than us. I'm all for signing the best young players on that continent as even if we only had them for a year or two and sold them on at a profit.

The same with buying young players at smaller clubs and inferior leagues on the continent. We were linked with Leon Bailey before he went to Leverkusen but never made a move for him. 

Signing the best young players in the world that you can would always be my strategy if you couple it with intensive scouting. You're always likely to have as many hits as misses but there's a good chance you can still get your money back with the misses.

Problem with South American young players is work permits. The quality of Brazil/Argentina means anyone were likely to be after will have no chance of senior international football to meet work permit criteria. I believe rules are more lenient in la Liga and serie A. 

Incidentally we could have the same issue signing EU players post-Brexit too

39 minutes ago, Richard said:

Problem with South American young players is work permits. The quality of Brazil/Argentina means anyone were likely to be after will have no chance of senior international football to meet work permit criteria. I believe rules are more lenient in la Liga and serie A. 

Incidentally we could have the same issue signing EU players post-Brexit too

Nahhhhhhh Mrs May is fighting for a trade agreement. We will be able to sign who we want. We will just have to pay ten times more is all.

43 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Would anyone take Shaw? With the possibility of Fuchs leaving for America in the summer, is Chilwell up to the task of being a starter week I week out? 

I'm not sure if I would, is it three or four managers in a row have questioned his work ethic now?

On 17/03/2018 at 10:24, STEVIE B said:

Every time I’ve watched Newcastle on tv, Jonjo Shelvey has been outstanding. Passing is superb, makes tackles, tracks back. Would like us to go for him.

Shelve that idea. Bloke looks like Voldemort and is clearly a massive endbell

On 18/03/2018 at 14:53, ARM1968 said:

Shelve that idea. Bloke looks like Voldemort and is clearly a massive endbell

Footballers are so detached from the fans, can’t think of many I’d want to share a pint with. As long as they are decent players, who cares that much what they’re like ? We all love Vardy, as do l, but he gets plenty of abuse and hatred sent his way from opposing fans. 

Would like to see us try and go for Lewis Dunk at CB, have been impressed with him each time I have watched Brighton, which admittedly hasn't been that often.

Seems he has the most number of blocks in the league this season so not afraid to put himself in the way, a bit like Wes in that regard but infinitely better on the ball from what I can remember.

Does seem to love an own goal though but think this is a byproduct of him throwing himself in the way of shots, and with Brighton almost guaranteed to stay up they won't want to sell so he wouldn't be cheap.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ge12 said:

Would like to see us try and go for Lewis Dunk at CB, have been impressed with him each time I have watched Brighton, which admittedly hasn't been that often.

Seems he has the most number of blocks in the league this season so not afraid to put himself in the way, a bit like Wes in that regard but infinitely better on the ball from what I can remember.

Does seem to love an own goal though but think this is a byproduct of him throwing himself in the way of shots, and with Brighton almost guaranteed to stay up they won't want to sell so he wouldn't be cheap.

Lascelles is better imo, and we could easily bring him in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

i suggest you read up on it instead of trusting an an article from the mirror ?

It was also on sky sports that’s where I seen it originally. May be wrong but I’m sure it had a quote on there from Southgate too, confirming Baileys availability.

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It was also on sky sports that’s where I seen it originally. May be wrong but I’m sure it had a quote on there from Southgate too, confirming Baileys availability.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/england-keen-on-leon-bailey-for-world-cup-bayer-leverkusen-winger-jamaica-473780.jsp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12016/11291463/england-monitoring-bayer-leverkusen-winger-leon-bailey-says-gareth-southgate

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5765968/bayer-leverkusen-leon-bailey-fa-england-world-cup-next-week/amp/

More proof.... I suggest you read up on facts before claiming im wrong.

@lcfc sheff

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

His grandparents have british passports, they weren't born here though. Which makes him ineligible to play for us apparently.

Southgate was probably asked the question by someone who wasn't aware of the ruling and answered it like someone being made aware of someones potential eligibility to play, when it seems he isn't unless the rules change.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

His grandparents have british passports, they weren't born here though. Which makes him ineligible to play for us apparently.

Southgate was probably asked the question by someone who wasn't aware of the ruling and answered it like someone being made aware of someones potential eligibility to play, when it seems he isn't unless the rules change.

I thought if they lived here for 5 years or more is it, that then they become a British citizen which then would surely allow Leon to be eligible. As long as they’re citizens they’re eligible? I could be wrong but I was sure that’s how it worked?

i don’t believe Southgate would comment unless he was 100% sure of Leon’s eligibility surely? 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I thought if they lived here for 5 years or more is it, that then they become a British citizen which then would surely allow Leon to be eligible. As long as they’re citizens they’re eligible? I could be wrong but I was sure that’s how it worked?

i don’t believe Southgate would comment unless he was 100% sure of Leon’s eligibility surely? 

He hasn't lived here for 5 years and England don't select players on that basis anyway.

Southgate just said they are monitoring the situation and that it's with the talent identification department... if he was available for selection, then he'd know about it and wouldn't be so vague.

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Lascelles is better imo, and we could easily bring him in.

Yeah would be another decent option, agree that he would probably be easier to bring in.

A fairly local lad as well is he not, which may appeal to him if he fancies being back nearer to family/friends.