Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

WBA eye Leicester assistant manager M Appleton as potential replacement for Alan Pardew

Out his depth for me at even Championship level as an actual manager. He's never managed a club for a substantial period of time, only clubs I can remember him managing is Portsmouth and Blackburn and both of those weren't for very long. He had a good few years at Oxford but that was in League One and Two. I can't see Puel standing in his way, however, as he's not really a member of Puel's backroom staff and I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to get back into management. We'll see. 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Out his depth for me at even Championship level as an actual manager. He's never managed a club for a substantial period of time, only clubs I can remember him managing is Portsmouth and Blackburn and both of those weren't for very long. He had a good few years at Oxford but that was in League One and Two. I can't see Puel standing in his way, however, as he's not really a member of Puel's backroom staff and I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to get back into management. We'll see. 

MON had limited, lower division managerial experience when he came to Leicester, but did ok!

You just never know who will be able to step up to the level and performance required. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoyJones said:

MON had limited, lower division managerial experience when he came to Leicester, but did ok!

You just never know who will be able to step up to the level and performance required. 

He had success at Wycombe, managed in the championship with Norwich and at the time we were a championship club.

Back to Appleton, I think we need an English presence in the coaching staff as Puel's English is so bad,

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

He had success at Wycombe, managed in the championship with Norwich and at the time we were a championship club.

Back to Appleton, I think we need an English presence in the coaching staff as Puel's English is so bad,

Appleton has a very sunny dispodition and ready smile.  I am sure he is key to working with the plsyers...esp those who dont speak french.

However it would be bad karma to stand in his way if he wanted to go to wba...i hope he stays.... 

Never understand why people are so nonchalant about him going ...   he could well, and probably is, doing a great job for us and may well be missed by the players if he leaves ...   why this underlying desire for change ? ..   another example of our disposable society I suppose.

• Like 2

I find it very hard to believe that any prem team are looking at him as their manager. We don't live in an era where that happens.

Shakespeare, could possibly be considered - though I notice that he hasn't been for any of the vacancies - but why would a prem team consider the no.2 to a sacked manager who has been in the prem for less than a season? I call BS.

My comments have nothing to do with quality,simply the system in the modern day era.

I wouldn't like to see him go. We need a bit of stability in the coaching staff after the comings and goings post Ranieri. Pearson built this club's recent success on a stable management environment, and Puel needs a strong English influence to make sure his ideas are properly implemented.

It won't happen. I think Vacamion's scenario is the most likely, but Appleton would be a good candidate to do a complete rebuild job at West Brom. Much like Pearson when he first came here, and at a fairly similar age and mix of management and coaching experience at several clubs.. Let's hope Vacamion is right.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I find it very hard to believe that any prem team are looking at him as their manager. We don't live in an era where that happens.

Shakespeare, could possibly be considered - though I notice that he hasn't been for any of the vacancies - but why would a prem team consider the no.2 to a sacked manager who has been in the prem for less than a season? I call BS.

My comments have nothing to do with quality,simply the system in the modern day era.

Probably they have stopped thinking of themselves as a prem team 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

He won't leave. Already said previously he's enjoying the learning process here and will fulfill his role as assistant. Who knows if in a few years Puel leaves, he may well get the nod anyway

A promotion on more money? Of course he'd take it.

He'd jump at the chance to manage a premier league team, but would a premier league team jump at the chance to sign a manager with zero premier league experience? Even if you accept they're a championship team, and he wouldn't mind managing a championship team, why would West Brom choose Oxford's old manager who's been assistant manager at Leicester for nearly a season when there are assumingly plenty of other experienced managers out there? It sounds like journalistic fantasy unless West Brom know there's a football genius of a mind casually hiding behind that receding hairline. It's possible but this article is more likely just for the clicks.

Edited by Foxxed

12 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Still think WBA will either limp down with Pardew or sack him when it's far too late.

Then they'll appoint little known la Liga exile Jose Foreigner or highly rated technical coach Hans-Dietrich Taktikal as they languish in the Championship.

After the parachute money runs out, they will call on gnarled stalwart of the English Championship Colin Brexit or feisty up and coming Scots coach Jock McScream.

It's a classic tale of a downward spiral of failure followed by rebirth.

Sounds pretty much like the many years we endured. Sven being the foreigner, Levein being the scotsman and **** knows how you'd describe Holloway and Allen. God i hope we never go back to those  dark days!