Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Name someone better who can replace him that'll actually want to come to Leicester. 

I dare you.

Fans need to wake up and realize that most of the players here don't suit his style. There will be a big summer clearout this year. Puel will bring in players that can actually pass and stuff.

Edited by DrezZone

1 minute ago, the messenger said:

10 games into next season he will be gone.

Because of persistent bad tactics and selections.

Thoughts?

Agree, he'll be changed at the international break like many before him (who were far better for us than he is)

With that in mind, why give him the summer & transfer budget... Not that we make good signings anyway, almost no one since Pearson & Walsh left has been good enough to displace what was here before

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, the messenger said:

10 games into next season he will be gone.

Because of persistent bad tactics and selections.

Thoughts?

Perhaps that it's kindly advised that you change your name to 'the p*sstaker'.. :whistle:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Hope not. We desperately need to become more comfortable with the ball as a team and keep possession better. If there are managers out there that are a) better equipped to do that than Puel and b) willing to come here then fair enough, bring them in. Forget about "the Leicester way", it's gone

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Name someone better who can replace him that'll actually want to come to Leicester. 

I dare you.

Fans need to wake up and realize that most of the players here don't suit his style. There will be a big summer clearout this year. Puel will bring in players that can actually pass and stuff.

My question would be do you trust him to make that overhaul?

I agree with the OP sadly and think it will be another waste of a summer window before we start badly and Puel goes.

I generally feel our club now lacks the desire to really kick on and if we wanted to appoint someone to really kick on again we could do so, but we won’t.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

My question would be do you trust him to make that overhaul?

I agree with the OP sadly and think it will be another waste of a summer window before we start badly and Puel goes.

I generally feel our club now lacks the desire to really kick on and if we wanted to appoint someone to really kick on again we could do so, but we won’t.

Wagner would have been great, I know he wouldn't leave Huddersfield when we were looking, but still

• Like 1

Just now, cc_star said:

Wagner would have been great, I know he wouldn't leave Huddersfield when we were looking, but still

He’s taking them down by playing largely negative football. I know he’s done an incredible job there but that sometimes happens.

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I was just thinking we needed more Puel threads that question his integrity lol 

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Perhaps that it's kindly advised that you change your name to 'the p*sstaker'..

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

This thread is crap.

That's all.

Guys leave Melinda alone.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Hope not. We desperately need to become more comfortable with the ball as a team and keep possession better. If there are managers out there that are a) better equipped to do that than Puel and b) willing to come here then fair enough, bring them in. Forget about "the Leicester way", it's gone

Why?

Fast transitions are everything that is good about us, and our biggest successes in 136 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

He’s taking them down by playing largely negative football. I know he’s done an incredible job there but that sometimes happens.

He's not played negatively until relatively recently, they just don't have goalscorers for this level of football, they had a good go at everyone for first half of season

& to still be within a chance of staying up is a relative achievement, never mind largely staying out bottom 3 for 75% of the season

2 minutes ago, cc_star said:

He's not played negatively until relatively recently, they just don't have goalscorers for this level of football, they had a good go at everyone for first half of season

& to still be within a chance of staying up is a relative achievement, never mind largely staying out bottom 3 for 75% of the season

Their fans have been complaining about it for the last few months, I’m no expert on them but they look like creating chances has been their issue not converting them.

I agree with the latter but not entirely sure I want a manager who fails, regardless of how valiantly that is.

3 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Why?

Fast transitions are everything that is good about us, and our biggest successes in 136 years

That style of play's served us very well but with Kante gone, Mahrez going and Vardy getting older it's going to get harder and harder to replicate. Counter-attacking is all well and good but it still requires a modicum of composure when breaking and quality at the end, which we lack. More of the ball doesn't necessarily have to equate to slower build up, just gives us more opportunities to create chances and control games

• Like 3

I think it will depend on how we finish this season. If we finish like southampton last season (not scoring in last 5 home games) then I think he could go in the summer. I don't agree with this and believe he should be given the summer and into next season but I wouldnt be surprised if it happens. I would say be careful what you wish for because there's no guarantee of getting someone better imo. I don't think there will be a rush of top managers wanting the job if puel did get the sack. You would end up with the same old names. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

That style of play's served us very well but with Kante gone, Mahrez going and Vardy getting older it's going to get harder and harder to replicate. Counter-attacking is all well and good but it still requires a modicum of composure when breaking and quality at the end, which we lack. More of the ball doesn't necessarily have to equate to slower build up, just gives us more opportunities to create chances and control games

Okay, with the way that's worded, I agree totally

We are slow at build up though, often favouring retaining possession over looking to get to their box - Maybe that will come with a few personnel changes, or if not a change of manager at some point.

Edited by cc_star

I don’t think he wraps himself in glory with his character and his deluded interviews! He mentioned tonight how “we played the perfect game but didn’t get the result”. The first half tonight we were piss poor and that to me was nowhere near “the perfect game”. He does however need to be given a transfer window and allowed to bring in his own players!

I love this place, reminds me of the summer on here at the minute... I’ll give you a little reminder...

“oh my god, Marco Silva, how could we not get him, Watford are going to win the league arghhfjajdjdsjja”

“oh my god, Grzegorz Krychowiak, he’s so so good, he’d be perfect for us.. he’ll make West Brom so strong”

That worked out well.....

• Like 3

I have never been convinced by Puel, partly because I thought the Shakey sacking was harsh / done too soon. Puel hasn't done horribly, although I would say that compared to Shakey, his play style is different but that has not necessarily translated into better results. Shakey did well for us in recruitment so we'll see how Puel does in that respect, if given the summer window.

My concern is that it has started to feel a little like Ranieri all over... Puel has history with 'losing the dressing room' at Southampton. Recently he's started to 'tinker' quite a bit, openly blamed Mahrez for our loss in form, had press conferences with a few repeated positive platitudes after poor results, then admitting to his tactical mistakes afterwards, a few different posters claiming to have ITK info that all is not well behind the scenes etc. Nowhere near as bad as Ranieri's final months, but there's a bit of deja vu. We'll see. I think it's largely dependent on if Mahrez goes. If he does, I wouldn't be surprised if Puel gets the sack within 10 games. Not necessarily his fault, but it will definitely have a similar effect on us as losing Kante did, causing a massive plunge in form as we work out how to play without him. This would be made worse if we make the EL with the associated extra fatigue and injuries (like the CL did last season).