Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

With Puel in charge we'll be like Stoke under Mark Hughes. Midtable for a few years, spending money on shite, boring **** in charge. The pundits all say what a good job he's doing because we beat Man Utd at home even though most games we watch dross. Half the fans make excuses and say 'we're  building' or 'the team needs to gel' or 'we're not the finished article' and then in a few years we are in relegation trouble and we don't get out because all the players with personality and desire have been shipped out and you're left with a squad of drips with a no mark manager.

,;:

Here, have some punctuation. And a bloody lie down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

With Puel in charge we'll be like Stoke under Mark Hughes. Midtable for a few years, spending money on shite, boring **** in charge. The pundits all say what a good job he's doing because we beat Man Utd at home even though most games we watch dross. Half the fans make excuses and say 'we're  building' or 'the team needs to gel' or 'we're not the finished article' and then in a few years we are in relegation trouble and we don't get out because all the players with personality and desire have been shipped out and you're left with a squad of drips with a no mark manager.

740029_Mystic_Meg_459b4a3486a4b8b869ded7

Guest Markyblue
41 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Cheer up it' friday

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

You hope :scarf:

4 hours ago, Donut said:

Were basing judgement on the fact that:

1) He has talked about giving opportunities to youngsters, and has delivered on this in giving extended amounts of game time to Chilwell and Gray, as well as including Choudhry and even Barnes in the team in cameos. Whether they've shown they are equipped, time will tell

2) That he has just come to the period where he can really begin to transform the squad, move on from the Mahrez debacle which unsettled the player and everyone else, and start to bring in his targets, and judging by him having singled out Perreira it looks like his got a firm grasp on this already to move efficiently and get the targets in

3) That not all the football has been bad. But some are happy only highlight the bad on here. In quite a few games we have passed the ball a lot better, and our goal tally for the season will indicate we have been creative too. Not CONSISTENTLY enough, but that ties in with him bringing in his own players.

4) The fact that Puel himself has constantly talked about moving the ball with quick tempo and playing at pace, which is the opposite of what we have seen in some games, indicating that what we are seeing now is TRANSITION, and not the FINISHED ARTICLE of what he is trying to do with us

5) The fact that (for once) a player, in Jamie Vardy has actually come out and said, in agreement with point 4, he has been telling us to play a quicker style and pass and move, and its up to us to give more to him, something more of them should be doing because they've proved they are capable

6) The fact that he moved us from 14th to 9th in the league, irrespective of how this happened. Dips in form are dips in form and they hit everyone, we have had one, and we have finished 9th. 9th is below an Everton side expected to be best of the rest, and a Burnley team that have exceeded expectations by absolutely miles. So Burnley are no benchmark, just as we were no benchmark for anyone when we won the league to say "oh you couldn't finish ahead of Leicester". So whatever you think of it and how you like it, its a top half Premier League finish, which is an improvement on where we were when he took over.

7) The fact that however fickle the "vote of confidence" usually is, the board have given a vote of confidence and look like, at the moment, being true to their word and letting Puel build, so their word may be genuine this time

8) Despite the fact people talk about the damage he could do to the club and all the evidence they could point to to support their tenuous claim, he hasn't ruined anyone. Ever. A team he has managed might have finished lower one season after another, but only if they massively over achieved the previous season. So he has shown no signs at any club of leaving behind this mythical trail of destruction.

My opinion was never based on two end of season games, ive been talking of patience ever since Puel came here. Its made me the object of a few insults along the way, but ive never based anything on something as short term as 2 games worth of form, and I would guess most level headed posters don't either. 

Fair enough.

I don’t have time for an essay in reply so I’ll keep to the point.

Just to be clear, my issue is with the style of football we have had to witness - shockingly boring in the main; within that a lack of positive intent.

Secondly results; from a quick scan it looks to me that the PL results since mid December, in the league from 21 games we have accrued 19pts.

I know there is always if onlys; but I will point out within that tally of 19pts we have a win at relegated WBA, a win against 10 man Arsenal, and a very fortunate win at Brighton.

Even if we take them at face value they are our most recent and therefore most indicative barometer of where Puel has taken us to.

Its nowhere.

Given these results ,which I think are worse than Shakey’s (?) I am dumbfounded at the level of support that Puel maintains; even more so that it is mainly based on the last 2 performances FOR MOST PEOPLE. I say that because prior to those games 88% wanted him gone, now the majority want to keep him.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

one of his biggest mistakes, imo. 

i bet the players looked at Ranieri differently after he sacked off the sports science and psychologist. IIRC they thought both teams were brilliant and detrimental to good physical and mental fitness during some high-stress times at LCFC.  

i know if I'd used and appreciated those tools and then someone sacked them off because they didn't believe in new-school methods / tech I'd be like 'hey, Ranieri, WTF m8'.

Around about 1.30 :) Not sure why I remembered this...

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Ok, lets base it on the last 6 months. Our form since his appointment has us sat in 10th place, miles clear of relelgation and just 3 points from a 7th place. With more goals scored than anyone else outside the top 6. Only one goal less than Chelsea and only two less than Man United, whose teams cost about a billion quid.

It's quite clear to everyone we need new defenders and it's quite clear to the manager as well considering we're on the verge of signing a new right back. He's constantly said that we need a higher tempo and that the pace we're playing at isn't what he wants. That doesn't mean categorically that he is incapable of implementing it, it could mean that the players aren't capable of it and he need to bring in a few of his own people to make it work.

Sorry I mistyped 6 instead of 5 months.

Please see my retort to Donut who has lots of ‘likes’ and ‘Thanks’ for his Statement while I have none.

Nevermind I’m only here to swim against the tide; although I am being honest in my musings, it’s just the vast majority don’t have a clue Baby. 

The thing is football management is about doing. It’s about walking the walk. Plenty of people can talk a good game but it’s about putting all his bullshit into practice.

He has not done it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Koke said:

For every West Ham and Palace at home there were Southampton and Newcastle away. I've seen enough games were our attacking flair and production was simply outstanding. This squad need surgery. Too many players who are well past their best are getting minutes. 

If you blame Puel for the dire performances then you must give credit for the sublime ones. A few of the Puel Out crowd are trying to credit the players for the Arsenal and Spurs attacking displays. 

If we sign the right players, like Peirera, then we are moving in the right direction.

Lastly, I do laugh at people who want Puel out because of negative and boring football then want Rafa in.

Mate 

Puel outs are basing it on the last 21 league games where in the round we’ve been awful to watch. 

Plus the relegation like tally of points. 

I do not understand your support for this guy based on the results and displays in over half a season.

I know.... you like getting ‘likes’ don’t you. 

5 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

This will Cheers you Up Bro, get ready for knees- Up 'a la Sharpesfox'...:cool:

Truly one of the most beautiful, heartwarming and powerfully uplifting passages of prose in all of humankind's written history.  I'm crying over here mate.  Goosebumps.  X

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes bring back Nigel Pearson for his third spell.

That would be so forward thinking, so unexpected, so inventive. 

It is exactly what we need. 

Nigel Pearson would take us back into the Champions League for sure! 

2 minutes ago, maddog said:

Yes bring back Nigel Pearson for his third spell.

That would be so forward thinking, so unexpected, so inventive. 

It is exactly what we need. 

Nigel Pearson would take us back into the Champions League for sure! 

I’m not asking for Champions League football or league titles, just a team that fights for the shirt and plays with passion. If Puel wants to curb so called player power then more fool him because if you give the players an opportunity to influence the way we play the entire club pushes forward together instead of parts of it grating against one another. Shipping out and angering big parts of the dressing room like Kingy and Wes and Kasper will leave us with a squad who doesn’t care just like Stoke.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I can't believe people are still talking about Benitez.  He won't come here

I didn’t at any point say he would... I was arguing the fact he’s a class above Puel

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I’m not asking for Champions League football or league titles, just a team that fights for the shirt and plays with passion. If Puel wants to curb so called player power then more fool him because if you give the players an opportunity to influence the way we play the entire club pushes forward together instead of parts of it grating against one another. Shipping out and angering big parts of the dressing room like Kingy and Wes and Kasper will leave us with a squad who doesn’t care just like Stoke.

I agree but is it influencing or dictating? Wes dictated to Ranieri. Literally told him their tactics and refused to budge. The first time it worked spectacularly - the second time resulted in Ranieri departure and would result in a complete inversion of player/manager authority, which would only work on the occasions the captain actually does know the best team and the best tactics.