Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Astonished that he hasn't been shifted out yet. Will back the owners decision 100% but can't help feeling that you don't have to be Mystic Meg to think this won't work out well if Puel stays.

• Like 1

How many games are people willing to give him?

I think he's staying. I've been a Puel Out advocate but I will give him support. It's a new season. I think we should all put the knives away for the time being and give him our initial support.

However, I'd give him 7 games to, at the very least, impress me with some decent performances.

1 minute ago, maynefox said:

How many games are people willing to give him?

I think he's staying. I've been a Puel Out advocate but I will give him support. It's a new season. I think we should all put the knives away for the time being and give him our initial support.

However, I'd give him 7 games to, at the very least, impress me with some decent performances.

If he stays then he is unlikely to survive beyond 13 games as we will have sunk to near the bottom of the league.

i hope he goes this month

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I agree but is it influencing or dictating? Wes dictated to Ranieri. Literally told him their tactics and refused to budge. The first time it worked spectacularly - the second time resulted in Ranieri departure and would result in a complete inversion of player/manager authority, which would only work on the occasions the captain actually does know the best team and the best tactics.

What did Wes say?... 

Err,  Claudio,  Err, 

Err,  we'll Err,  play Err,  you know,  Err like we Err want! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I agree but is it influencing or dictating? Wes dictated to Ranieri. Literally told him their tactics and refused to budge. The first time it worked spectacularly - the second time resulted in Ranieri departure and would result in a complete inversion of player/manager authority, which would only work on the occasions the captain actually does know the best team and the best tactics.

I’m sure it wasn’t Wes’ tactics that got Ranieri sacked. We completely changed our style of play in 16/17 and it didn’t work. Ranieri tried to make us keep possession, even the biggest clown can see that can’t have come from Wes Morgan. 

Been binge watching all of Puels interviews, I was on the edge of the Puel IN fence, but now i've hopped over, gets my full backing. Papers saying we have beaten spurs and agreed a deal for Ricardo Pereira, Exciting summer ahead. One thing I am definitely not worried about is Puels ability to attract a player. Or even find a player. The manager does get a say in which players he feels he wants once the scouts have done their due dilligence and got a list together, and I feel Puels judgement of a player is decent.

Roll on the summer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Been binge watching all of Puels interviews, I was on the edge of the Puel IN fence, but now i've hopped over, gets my full backing. Papers saying we have beaten spurs and agreed a deal for Ricardo Pereira, Exciting summer ahead. One thing I am definitely not worried about is Puels ability to attract a player. Or even find a player. The manager does get a say in which players he feels he wants once the scouts have done their due dilligence and got a list together, and I feel Puels judgement of a player is decent.

Roll on the summer. 

what if we don't want you

Image result for mr bean gif

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Roll on the summer. 

You seriously need to get a life my friend :giggle:

• Haha 4

I still don't think he is the man for the job, with the right manager we could and should get a lot more out of the squad and players we have, there has been too many games where the players have not turned up whether this is down to selection, training, tactics its the managers reasonability.

We looked toothless up front with an isolated Vardy and he failed to realise it all season apart from the last few games bringing Nacho into the team (this was clear to see early in the season but then he gets dropped like a stone), happy to pass it around our own half while creating very little clear cut chances, the times we do manage to get him involved he normally bags. (Vardy)

Granted there has been quite a few individual mistakes, Chillwell must have cost us quite a few crucial goals this season yet he continued to play him some say that's a good thing others say bad management... Burnley went on a 11 game streak without a win and we bottled it.. we should have been finishing 7th without a doubt, the defence has made quite a few errors so Puel can't take all the slack for that but hes had Drago, Fuchs and others at his disposal... we can moan at Simpson but in defence he has been pretty solid once again... we all know he is never going to tare up trees as an attacking full back but the manager has failed to adapt this.

it's not rocket science to bring home the points in this league at the minute yet we are treating it like that is the case.

Depending on the Arsenal manager next season 5th could be there for the taking, I don't think he would be able to achieve it though (failing to capitalise on 7th as a prime example)  but I think the right manager would make that possible.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, knitro said:

I think the most telling portend of Leicester's future is the renewed focus on the academy, with a manager who will play youngsters. Hamza's nightmare against Spurs (which to be fair, far better players than him have been rinsed by Kane) was a vote of confidence, not an act of desperation. Properly attended, it'll be a massive learning experience for him to grow from. Further, look at the big teams and how they are bleeding young talent, who see no way to the first team. If Leicester becomes that one top half team that gives 1st team minutes to 20-21 year olds, guess who we are going to start to see drawn to our squad? To me, this is the real way forward and why I am Puel in. 

I've seen Puel get a lot of stick for bringing Choudhury on at right back but it's been mainly by people who will use any stick to beat Puel with.

My take on it was he had a choice between Benalouane or Choudhury. Benalouane offers nothing to our club going into the future, Choudhury could end up being a very good player for us. Neither are right backs but both have played there at some points in their careers. I personally would have picked Choudhury as he has assets to play full back as he's a tenacious tackler, a good athlete with pace and stamina and should be able to play a bit being a midfielder. Puel put trust into him by taking him out of his comfort zone and asking him to play a position which isn't his favoured against top class opponents.

I'd much rather see our squad supplemented by the best academy players than a £12m buy like Iborra who came here as a 30 year old squad player. There are man management and tactical decisions that I'm not convinced with Puel but I think he's brilliant for managing resources and developing young players.

• Like 3

Is anyone else leaning towards keeping Puel? Like many fans I’d love it if the Pearson, Shakey & Walsh trio came home or someone like Rafa took over, but does Puel need time and most importantly, our support and patience? 

From what we’ve seen so far, he is trying to build something. I think two new fullbacks would really transform our style and help Puel implement his tactics in an effective way.

He has been a bit too stubborn with his insistence on playing a specific way even though we have players in the first XI who can’t play that way. But all the great managers are pretty stubborn in their beliefs... Mourinho... Pep... Pearson :pearson:.

No but seriously, I don’t think Puel intends to bore us with the constant sideways and backwards passing, it’s just the only way some of our poor players on the ball (Simpson, Morgan, etc) can respond to the managers demands. 

Sign Pereira, a new LB and a partner for Maguire as priority and we can challenge for Europe under Puel imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Keep him until Christmas. If we're a) above the relegation zone and b) playing vaguely exciting football then continue with him.

Christ! Would you really be satisfied with just that!? Your yardstick of a decent manager is someone who has us not in the bottom three and plays ‘vaguely exciting football’?

It’s hardly surprising people are losing interest. 

Wheres the ambition?

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Comparing The Nige and Puel is like apples and a solitary rotting raspberry.

Yes true not seen puel strangle a player or tell a supporter to f..k off yet.?

Guest Markyblue
Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

If he did I’d probably back him.

I have no doubt about that my friend. Forums are for different opinions and long may that continue. 

Guest Markyblue

Loved np but as a fan I support wholeheartedly the man in charge of the team and that is puel

50 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Christ! Would you really be satisfied with just that!? Your yardstick of a decent manager is someone who has us not in the bottom three and plays ‘vaguely exciting football’?

It’s hardly surprising people are losing interest. 

Wheres the ambition?

It's what I want in six months from a manager who's trying to transform the club, not the end goal. Things often take time.

• Like 1