Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Puel will have to make a good start to next season. As it stands he is probably the manager most likely to be sacked first.

But the Ricardo signing is a good start. He never really got the chance to truly build the team he wanted at either Leicester or Southampton. With a full pre-season and backing from the board financially, now is his chance. I hope he takes it!

• Like 2

even tho i am far from being fan of him,i like how things have gone.first of all  leicester did not bring some old english washed up coach,it would be really painful 

last season was boring and everyone was looking for him to be sacked,but at this point,he has all the time,power and maybe less money,but still,to build the club he wants

i am kinda positive about all this

its not that hard to fight for european football,burnley is example 

Quotes from Puel in the Perriera announcement. As much proof as we’ll get that he’s staying.

I personally think it’s a huge mistake and I don’t think he’ll see Christmas, but I’ll get behind him and hope I’m wrong.

Puel isn’t going anywhere, what is the point of waiting, other clubs have already pulled the trigger, and signing his players. Well I will be right behind him but there will be no excuses if the torrid football continues with him able to sign his own players 

We’ve signed a right back

we needed a right back

he isn’t an unknown - he is very highly rated

Cant see how this affects the managers future. If we had signed an unknown right back with links to puel then I could see that it might but a good signing is a good signing. 

Puel is building us nicely this could be our line up come august

Schmeichel

Chillwell  evans maguire pereira

Roberts   Silva   Ndidi   Ben arfa

Iheanacho 

Vardy

The amount of pace in that side is delicious.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’ve signed a right back

we needed a right back

he isn’t an unknown - he is very highly rated

Cant see how this affects the managers future. If we had signed an unknown right back with links to puel then I could see that it might but a good signing is a good signing. 

He cited Puel being here as a primary reason for him signing with us though

He's not going anywhere. As much as it pains me to say, I don't think he will last the full 18/19 season. I think he's burned through a fair bit of goodwill that Top might have had with him, so I think if we see ourselves in the bottom half of the table and under-performing come Christmas, I don;t think they will keep him around.

I would be more than happy to get someone new in now, but it just doesn't look like it's going to happen. And also, I don't see too many names on the market at the moment that I would like us to go for, other than maybe Eddie Howe, but those would be slim odds. Doesn't seem to be too much managerial talent around at the moment, available or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

He's not going anywhere. As much as it pains me to say, I don't think he will last the full 18/19 season. I think he's burned through a fair bit of goodwill that Top might have had with him, so I think if we see ourselves in the bottom half of the table and under-performing come Christmas, I don;t think they will keep him around.

I would be more than happy to get someone new in now, but it just doesn't look like it's going to happen. And also, I don't see too many names on the market at the moment that I would like us to go for, other than maybe Eddie Howe, but those would be slim odds. Doesn't seem to be too much managerial talent around at the moment, available or otherwise.

Well if thats true then what are you moaning about?

We have scored 56 goals, higher than everyone bar top 6. Our attack is potent. Mahrez leaving is a worry but I feel we will have enough to score goals. 

Granted our defence is wank and admittedly we witnessed some tedious games but I truly believe the accusation of boring is overblown. I listed earlier the games where we were exciting and played attacking football so I won't repeat myself but I feel people judge Puel on his dour personality. If he behaved like Klopp he might get more leeway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Well if thats true then what are you moaning about?

I think you are missing the point. I'm not moaning at all. If I was, I'd moaning about the lack of managerial talent around at the moment, not the lack of talent that Puel has displayed.

Though, I can do that as well now I've caught your eye, if you would like? I don't mind playing devils advocate for people like you.

Just now, lcfcrinaldi said:

I think you are missing the point. I'm not moaning at all. If I was, I'd moaning about the lack of managerial talent around at the moment, not the lack of talent that Puel has displayed.

Though, I can do that as well now I've caught your eye, if you would like? I don't mind playing devils advocate for people like you.

You said you'd be more than happy to get someone new

Sounds like you have a negative view of things as they are.  Or did i read you wrong?

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You said you'd be more than happy to get someone new

Sounds like you have a negative view of things as they are.  Or did i read you wrong?

I'm afraid so, I merely said that if there was a better option out there, then why wouldn't we go for it?

Puel doesn't exactly excite anyone here and you wouldn't stick with a Peugeot, if there was a Ferrari up for grabs?

But alas there is no Ferrari, so the Peugeot it is. (I believe that was a direct Shakespeare quote)...

Edited by lcfcrinaldi

Ok we fell short of a top 6 place, but he only signed one squad player in January. We all as fans know what we need ie a right back a no10 ect, what he has done is smart because he has looked at all the squad and can now fix our problem areas.

I also think we need to reduce the squad size but sign better quality so we can rotate without compromising the team. There is a fair bit to do to become a top 6/7 team.

The changing of mangers all the time won’t help us get to the next level. His character seems very dull but let’s give a fair chance to get his team out there before we judge him. We needed a change in style a thease things take time to fully understand. 

• Like 1