Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

12 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I'm afraid so, I merely said that if there was a better option out there, then why wouldn't we go for it?

Puel doesn't exactly excite anyone here and you wouldn't stick with a Peugeot, if there was a Ferrari up for grabs?

But alas there is no Ferrari, so the Peugeot it is. (I believe that was a direct Shakespeare quote)...

Haha. It is. The Tempest Act 2 scene 1 I believe

Anyways, Puel excites me well enough

If there was a better option out there i would like to think we'd have signed them last year instead of Puel

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Haha. It is. The Tempest Act 2 scene 1 I believe

Anyways, Puel excites me well enough

If there was a better option out there i would like to think we'd have signed them last year instead of Puel

I think you’ll find that this place is more ‘much ado about nothing’ ..........

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

A couple more signings of the quality of Pereira and I think people will start to think again (or in some cases, react differently).

Does not matter how good the signings are, if the bloke in charge are going to play Shite boring negative football 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

A couple more signings of the quality of Pereira and I think people will start to think again (or in some cases, react differently).

And providing he stops picking Wes.

The Pereira signing would seem to indicate the board are sticking with Puel then.

I'm not 100% how I feel tbh. Up until the last few games I was very much of the view that we should keep him, but I'll admit by the Palace game I'd lost faith.

Easy to look at the Arsenal and Spurs games and see the "potential" - but Arsenal had 10 men for most of the game, and Spurs was in any case a defeat.

Aside from that the tail-end of the season was woeful, more indicative of a relegation battle next season than a push on the top six.

Let's hope with his own squad the vision looks a bit more like reality!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

The Pereira signing would seem to indicate the board are sticking with Puel then.

Can someone please explain this to me ?

i don’t understand what difference it makes 

the player claims that Puel is instrumental in convincing him to come but we are free to hire and fire managers, irrespective of the players contracted to us. 

All it shows Is that Puel is the manager whilst the deal is being sorted out (which will have been over quite a few months). There won’t be a manager retention clause!  Any manager would be delighted to have pereira. 

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 04:33, whoareyaaa said:

there has been too many games where the players have not turned up whether this is down to selection, training, tactics its the managers reasonability.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."  George Bernard Shaw

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Apart from Wes. I'm sure he claimed he could go another 2 years at the top level :wes:

I remember reading a while ago that he was feeling the physical strain this last season. He may still want to play another full season however. I'd be surprised if Puel picks him though: Pereira, Maguire and Chilwell are all happy on the ball. Wes sticks out like a sour thumb in that group. If Puel can wrestle the captaincy away from him I'd be dumbfounded if he's still in the starting lineup providing Drag stays or we buy another centre half.

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, pearson convinced fuchs to sign and left about a week later.

Bit different. 

Fuchs didn't know Pearson. This guy knows Puel and that was a factor in him signing. 

It does suggest Puel is staying.

• Like 1