Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think this transfer window is massive, we need to spend big, for me judging on past performance Puel wasn't the man to do this but if the owners trust him they must no what he plans to do and that's fine and I'll support that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Puel is staying, people need to realise that.

I have no problem at all getting behind the man the team and cheering Leicester to the rafters as always

 

im still majorly to be convinced he is the right man however Pereira appears to be a good step in the right direction 

 

onwards and upwards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yks said:

Taking account of 2018 games only, the Premier League table would be this :

image.png.e3fd7053a80f639a479c519441d0bc7a.png+

Leicester would be 12th, 5 points ahead of the relegation for only 21 games played (that's 9 points for 38 games).
That isn't even close to relegation battle.
There is the same gap between Leicester and WBA (17th) and Leicester and Arsenal (5th).
So it's funny to see people drawing conclusions that aren't even true even with their irrelevant data.

That means with a team he didn't mould and that was in its worst form, he managed to be midtable.
Imagine now a whole season with also periods of good forms AND the players he wants...

Everybody has the right to be uncertain about Puel's competence or his adaptation to City or to just straight think he's a terrible coach, but please don't hide yourself behind false facts and dishonest arguments.

 

So we can look forward to finishing 12th? 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This Ricardo Pereira signing has impressed me. There's method in the madness. Puel was the one demanding we got it done quickly for reasons that could save us a lot of money, as well as potentially missing out on him altogether. That's good management.

 

I also think he could completely change the way we attack. Do people really think we're going to struggle at breaking down these weaker sides with proper attacking full backs in the side as opposed to the likes of Simpson and Fuchs?

 

I think Puel made a lot of errors - and ultimately demanded a bit too much from players who just aren't quite capable of what he wants.

 

But if he can get signings like Ricardo in then I'm happy to see him given time. I'm even more sure Benitez and Silva won't come here now and I don't really see any obvious alternatives.

 

Not confidently saying it but I'm prepared to give him a chance.

 

I've always been prepared to give Puel a chance assuming our key players were on board with him as well. One thing that I love about Puel is his squad management and transfer business is the same philosophy as my own. I get the impression that he will spend the club's money like it his is own. I've been very critical of signings like Benalouane and Iborra who were players of a certain age, cost good money and never came here as first choice but squad players, a huge mismanagement of club resources IMO.

 

I think with Puel he'll either want to sign top quality first team signings like Pereira or rough diamonds like Diabate, we won't see 29 yo £10m buys to come and sit on the bench.

 

I'm a great advocate of the two full backs being really important to the team. Players like Chilwell and Pereira who are great athletes and are just as comfortable as playing as wingers if asked to do so. It's much easier when these are the players who give you width. We can attack with seven players, the centre halves stay back, Ndidi 10m further forward and seven players trying to smash the parked bus. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What we've got to ask ourselves is should we entertain the idea of getting rid of a manager purely based on whether the players want him gone? Of course you have to consider the players thoughts because no matter how good a manager is, if they don't have the players onside there's going to be severe dangers but we've long moaned on here about the culture needing to change and the old guard to become less powerful. How do we go about that without backing a manager to build? It often takes a relegation or huge cull to see a club of our ilk rebuild, I'm hoping we don't see that happen but there's a lot of fractions in this club that need to be resolved otherwise I think nothing will change and we'll be sniffing around the danger of going down in the next few seasons.

 

I'm now of the opinion we give Puel free reign to go for it if he's showed to the owners that he's the brave and strong visionary that we need. If he is, I'd be very tempted to fcuk ANY player off that doesn't want to be part of this new era and that goes for Mahrez, Vardy, Schmeichel and any of our other main stayers. If any of these players are the sole reason for prolonging another year or two in this league without us building a new team then what's the point anyway, just get it over and done with. Puel has a way of playing that we've not really seen yet, he has strong full backs that act as wingers and 3 attacking midfielders that inter change behind a striker, this could be the style we need to have another real crack at the top 6. I'd hope he's learnt that fast and direct periods of play are a huge weapon in this league and that this can be blended with the style of play he's previously favoured. A large nucleus of this team can already do that so I hope he builds a new team with players still capable of that at times.

 

I'm about done with this title winning mob anyway, they're forever legends but I'd be ruthless and any of them that are gobbing off because Puel is daring to move things on without them all can do one.

3/7 is a particularly tricky one IMO. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty I hated the football that puel was producing.

 

However the season has finished and maybe with a full preseason and time to get the players he believes that he can succeed with he can be a success.

 

Aparently he has always done very well in the 2nd season in charge hopefully this will be the case 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So we can look forward to finishing 12th? 

Low blow ignoring the two sentences after the one you highlighted

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

In all honesty I hated the football that puel was producing.

 

However the season has finished and maybe with a full preseason and time to get the players he believes that he can succeed with he can be a success.

 

Aparently he has always done very well in the 2nd season in charge hopefully this will be the case 

From what he was saying in his press conferences etc he didn't like what they were producing either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Foxes Talk tide turns once more I see. 

Lest we forget just how bloody awful we were near the end of this season, having pitifully few shots in some games, losing at home to teams etc etc. 

I sincerely hope Puel is the right man for the job because it looks like he’s staying AND if he tries to rebuild with his own players, and then gets sacked, the next bloke will have a massive job on his hands to pick a side up well after the transfer window has slammed shut.

I remain torn on Puel. I honestly don’t know if it’s going to be good, entertaining football and a shot at the top 6/7 OR a relegation scrap. I’ll stick with him because the club is doing so, not because I’m inspired by him or feel particularly confident about him.

The Pereira signing gives me hope however. That looks to be a real coup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deserves a go- the last couple of games and his first couple of months show that we can play some incredible attacking football under him- just need to find the balance, bring in some better defenders and find some consistency.

 

I wouldn't say I'm confident, but bringing in someone of Pereira's quality, sorting a problem position so early in the window shows that he's assessed the squad, knows what we need and may be pretty handy in the transfer market.

 

We'd be back to square one if we sacked him now, and we need to be ruthless in this window.

 

The Puel out brigade need to have a bit of a rethink and give him the benefit of the doubt- he's staying. There are doubts there, but we're better off getting behind him.

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Webbo said:

So we can look forward to finishing 12th? 

Weve just finished 9th. When I went to school, 9 wasn't 12.

 

I just wish we could put this absolute guff to one side and get behind the man, and if its not working when we get into mid to late October, we have a decision to make.

 

Yes, at times last season was underwhelming, but at times it was also very positive too. The man is staying and he is starting to build the team he wants, which last season he didn't have and that obviously played a part in some poor displays.

 

So next season, we can judge him and judge on whether he is delivering with what HE has at his disposal, the direction HE is taking us which we can almost unequivocally say is down to his implementation of ideas with signings and pre season, and if its not working, by all means he hasn't delivered and we make a decision.

 

By then, we will have better quality footballers if the worst does come to the worst for the new man to inherit and we move on.

 

But right now, hes the manager until he isn't, moaning to yourself on a forum isn't going to get you or anyone else that does it anywhere, and lets just see how it goes next season without the inevitable foxes talk meltdowns that will no doubt always be one defeat away from starting.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Lest we forget just how bloody awful we were near the end of this season, having pitifully few shots in some games, losing at home to teams etc etc.

Lets not forget how many injuries we also had.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lets not forget how many injuries we also had.

Having a few injuries shouldn’t restrict you to a couple of shots all game, at home.

All I’m saying is the FT tide has turned again, in typical fashion, and some of those wanting him gone a few weeks back are now changing their tunes.

I’m not surprised. 

We’ll see. It’s going to be an interesting summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Col city fan said:

Having a few injuries shouldn’t restrict you to a couple of shots all game, at home.

All I’m saying is the FT tide has turned again, in typical fashion, and some of those wanting him gone a few weeks back are now changing their tunes.

I’m not surprised. 

We’ll see. It’s going to be an interesting summer.

Id just ignore the "tide" as you describe it and just formulate your own ideas either way, irrespective of the tides opinion.

 

Its the advent of social media and message boards that have given rise to public opinions gathering at a faster rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Donut said:

Id just ignore the "tide" as you describe it and just formulate your own ideas either way, irrespective of the tides opinion.

 

Its the advent of social media and message boards that have given rise to public opinions gathering at a faster rate.

I have formulated my own ideas and stated them. If the squad are effectively running things in terms of players being billy big bollox, that has to end. It’s gone on long enough. All I’m concerned about is Puel might not be the fella to change this.

I hope I’m wrong. As I said, the signing of Pereira looks to be a super one.

Time will tell whether he has the ‘clout’ so to speak, to really put his own stamp on things.

Personally, I’d feel more confident, given the supposed circumstances, with more of a Pearson or Dyche in charge.

But we’ll see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lets not forget how many injuries we also had.

 

That's a fair point re. the last few weeks of the season. But did we have that many injuries between late Jan and March, when our form first declined?

With hindsight, the start of the decline seemed to be around the time of the Mahrez transfer fiasco....maybe coincidence, maybe not.

 

As for injuries, we certainly had a lot more in the last couple of months than at any time for several years. Maybe that was just bad luck, but I wonder if training/physical preparation had anything to do with it?

I've no idea about that, but a lot of the injuries did seem to be muscular injuries - not broken legs, ruptured ligaments or whatever.

 

Anyway, all behind Puel now if he's staying. Although he was straining my patience with performances since late Jan, it was only towards the very end of the season that I started thinking it might be better if he went.

In general, clubs don't give managers long enough to put their ideas into practice and he hadn't even had a summer transfer window - and he had got us playing attractive, successful football in his first few months.

 

I now just hope that he gets the right new players in and gets the tactics sorted over the summer - and that us fans then give him a fair chance to get everything fine-tuned next season. If we bring in several new first-teamers (as we must) and develop our playing style, it's unlikely to work perfectly from August.....so we'll need a bit of patience next season, too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

That's a fair point re. the last few weeks of the season. But did we have that many injuries between late Jan and March, when our form first declined?

With hindsight, the start of the decline seemed to be around the time of the Mahrez transfer fiasco....maybe coincidence, maybe not.

 

As for injuries, we certainly had a lot more in the last couple of months than at any time for several years. Maybe that was just bad luck, but I wonder if training/physical preparation had anything to do with it?

I've no idea about that, but a lot of the injuries did seem to be muscular injuries - not broken legs, ruptured ligaments or whatever.

 

Anyway, all behind Puel now if he's staying. Although he was straining my patience with performances since late Jan, it was only towards the very end of the season that I started thinking it might be better if he went.

In general, clubs don't give managers long enough to put their ideas into practice and he hadn't even had a summer transfer window - and he had got us playing attractive, successful football in his first few months.

 

I now just hope that he gets the right new players in and gets the tactics sorted over the summer - and that us fans then give him a fair chance to get everything fine-tuned next season. If we bring in several new first-teamers (as we must) and develop our playing style, it's unlikely to work perfectly from August.....so we'll need a bit of patience next season, too.  

Injuries is an excuse which can be used by any club at any time. And I can’t recollect our two talisman players being injured much through that run? Also, if we are blaming injuries for our poor performances, then it must show we have very little strength in depth as a Prem club. Finally, injuries don’t make a professional footballer go out onto the pitch and have not the faintest clue what is role is.

We’ll see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Lets not forget how many injuries we also had.

I do wonder if this is possibly on him though. Like Wenger you eventually accepted that his methods preventing injuries just weren't working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Injuries is an excuse which can be used by any club at any time. And I can’t recollect our two talisman players being injured much through that run? Also, if we are blaming injuries for our poor performances, then it must show we have very little strength in depth as a Prem club. Finally, injuries don’t make a professional footballer go out onto the pitch and have not the faintest clue what is role is.

We’ll see.

We were playing at times with our (at the time) 3rd choice goalkeeper, 4th and 5th choice central midfielders, our 3rd choice left winger, our 2nd choice left back and our 4th choice centre back (or 5th choice central midfielder) at right back, with no right backs available. Mahrez and Vardy not being injured is great until you realise we've been using  squad that's basically never played together for the last couple of months.

 

Our depth is poor. Right back caused (I think) most of our problems, forcing us to play so many out of position for a vital role.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×