Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I wouldnt listen to Mike Stowell either.

"Put Hamer on the pitch, top keeper" *concede 5*

It's called leadership. Regardless of whether they're crap you should be able to lead a group of people, if he hasn't got the staff or any of the players onside how is he going to do that?

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It's called leadership. Regardless of whether they're crap you should be able to lead a group of people, if he hasn't got the staff or any of the players onside how is he going to do that?

By ignoring the staff and doing what he thinks is right

If I listened to all the staff below me at work and did what they wanted all the time we'd just be sitting here playing with our dicks and making no money

And no, genitals do not feature in my job, thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If I listened to all the staff below me at work and did what they wanted all the time we'd just be sitting here playing with our dicks and making no money

And no, genitals do not feature in my job, thanks

This should be reviewed.

Is there a suggestion box?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So your employees have asked that everyone plays with their dicks??

• Haha 1

Should we add Arteta to the list of valid alternatives. If Arsenal almost saw enough in him to give him a job, and his experience with Pep, i'd be interested in him - would certainly have an attacking philosophy. And the obvious draw back he has no experience (not always a bad thing - there are many examples where this has/hasn't worked)

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

And no, genitals do not feature in my job thanks

No but presumably you have other people that support you and actually do it. If they won't do what you want then it's not effective is it.

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

No but presumably you have other people that support you and actually do it. If they won't do what you want then it's not effective is it.

True. 

But it all depends on how much truth there is to rumours we've heard

If your organisation is riddled with people who want to do it a certain way even though that way has been proven to be limited, then the owner needs to back the guy who has come in to shake things up

If there is a player power issue then we need to let Puel blood in the youth and knock players off their perch

I have noticed he was a lot more animated talking with Gray and Diabate and Chilwell (could be its just all I noticed on telly) when giving directions. Maybe he really is thinking about the future very predominantly.  He said he's not here to fight fires.  That suggests there are fires to fight and arent we all sick of hearing about player power?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Wookie said:

Obviously Puel isn't anywhere near as good a coach as Klopp or Guardiola but it took both a significant amount of time to mould the their teams into shape and both clubs are reaping the rewards now. Of course it doesn't mean the same will happen here, under Puel we could continue in the same vein as we played in 2018 but with key additions and a preseason hopefully we are more prepared to play in his desired play style.

Would...Klopp or Gaurdioalo,have success,with a Club with less finances,and mediocre Cut of a squad,

and definitely not the Same amount of high quality player to continuously call upon.

Klopp did however,with Mainz bring their Major Dreams and ambitions alive...So Like Pearson

He created something from medicrosy to Put their Teams  in the top League of their relevant countries...

Compare Wenger,Mourhino,Guardiola....against..Howe.Dyche,Pearson,Hughton...seems easy,   but is It!!

5 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

why is it when he's a completely different alternative

Why would he be any better than Puel?

The guy has no real experience, he's just a sexier name because of the Arsenal link

We have long term issues which Puel is equipped to deal with as its what he's known for

I havent heard a single name that excites me that we could get, except maybe Benitez, and we probably couldnt get him anyway.

Dont mean to be dismissive of people who want a change, opinions and that.  I just think they are disappointed the season didnt pan out as well as they'd hoped and disappointed in our bad run and want to scapegoat Puel

Its time for a change, but not a managerial change

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ah did we...?. There you go then... the truth outs, so to speak.

:thumbup:

Or am I being too witty?

Because Abrasive knows all the facts of the contract and what others offered.  :dry:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

ah, some real life management experience - finally! 

it makes me do a 'lol' on here - so many arm-chair managers who probably haven't had to manage a team of people in their lives. 

sometimes a proper leader has to make tough decisions that alienate certain staff and forgo the love and adoration of everyone to make improvements and push things forward.

early in my management career someone said to me 'you're not here to be liked or loved, you're here to be respected and get the job done'. 

after initially twatting about trying to keep everyone happy / on-board with my ideas / plans it clicked and I realised that you cannot keep everyone happy and sometimes have to just **** people off to get to the end result. 

that's life, actual real life.

That only works when you actually make improvements and push things forward rather than going backwards as we did last season.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

That only works when you actually make improvements and push things forward rather than going backwards as we did last season.

Sometimes you have to step backwards to move forwards. Let's be honest, we have only gone backwards since winning the league and Puel has been the first person to actually change us and start (even if only slightly) to move us forward.

How about you wait for a judgement until we're 10 games into the season, or even further than that, say Christmas. Let him do his thing this summer and build something up. If every manager was judged on 3 months work then no one would keep their jobs. It'll become a farce like some of these Italian clubs that sack Manager A, hire Manager B, then sack Manager B and hire Manager C only to sack him and re-hire Manager A, all within about 6 months.

7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sometimes you have to step backwards to move forwards. Let's be honest, we have only gone backwards since winning the league and Puel has been the first person to actually change us and start (even if only slightly) to move us forward.

How about you wait for a judgement until we're 10 games into the season, or even further than that, say Christmas. Let him do his thing this summer and build something up. If every manager was judged on 3 months work then no one would keep their jobs. It'll become a farce like some of these Italian clubs that sack Manager A, hire Manager B, then sack Manager B and hire Manager C only to sack him and re-hire Manager A, all within about 6 months.

He must have had around 30 games,isn't that enough time to make your mind up?