Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Puel, is he using money on wrong horses, risky path chosen.

From an article.

http://filbertway.com/n2018_460

Decent start but when they get to puel. Talk about puel out brigade. The only time I have ever seen diabate and pereira described as bad signing / not needed.

What planet are they one. A right back not needed?

BLOG LATEST

Puel, is he using money on wrong horses, risky path chosen

DATE: 26.05.2018 - THE CUNNING FOX - BLOG

TCF certainly hope that Claude Puel will find his way at Leicester City, but so far it looks a bit risky and to see the pattern is always important, and we can see a bit of it allready

If you look at City's team at the moment, there are a number of clear ideas that comes to your head. After watching 90 % of all City games last season you start to get an idea of what this is all about.

A team must be able to play both with possession and counter attacking depending on the opponent. Away against Man City and Man Utd you need to sit back and wait for the oppertunity, with players such as Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy and Demarai Gray that is no problem.

Claudio Ranieri made a number of mistakes in the transfer market, buying players who were probably not that much needed and instead of bringing in more quality and more points, everything crashed and players signed for millions never became great.

Craig Shakespeare made one signing last summer that was needed, and it worked wonders. Harry Maguire was there to fill the gap after Robert Huth and he did it well and also got the chance to do it. That was a brilliant move.

The rest of Shakespeare's dealings never really made any sense. Jakupovic, Iheanacho, Iborra, Silva and Dragovic all used time to adapt and none of them really got the chance to be steady first choices, rotating players all the time.

Iborra made an impact, while the other signings not really became what we all had hoped for, mostly because they were not given a chance to play four or five games and settle into ...

Puel made his first signing in Fousseni Diabate, but why ?. A man for the squad and nothing more, no instant quality rise in the team, and just one more fighting for a place.

Ricardo Pereira is not a proven player at the very highest level and a risky signing for Premier League. With two or maybe three options to play in this position allready, you start to wonder why using £ 20 millon on a right-back who will not be crucial to the team.

Darnell Johnson, Daniel Amartey and Danny Simpson are all at the club, and they are all good alternatives. So Puel has made his decission and this would see Johnson, Amartey or Simpson being sold or moved on.

I rest my case your honour. Shut em down.

Edited by gw_leics772
Get rid of website shite ( apart from the article)

Strange old world when Diabate and Pereira (who nobody has seen yet) are evidence that Puel is a transfer genius yet all the rubbish signings are Rudkin's fault. Oh well, it is silly season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Strange old world when Diabate and Pereira (who nobody has seen yet) are evidence that Puel is a transfer genius yet all the rubbish signings are Rudkin's fault. Oh well, it is silly season. 

Rudkin's job isn't to identify targets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Ricardo Pereira is not a proven player at the very highest level and a risky signing for Premier League. With two or maybe three options to play in this position allready, you start to wonder why using £ 20 millon on a right-back who will not be crucial to the team.

Darnell Johnson, Daniel Amartey and Danny Simpson are all at the club, and they are all good alternatives. So Puel has made his decission and this would see Johnson, Amartey or Simpson being sold or moved on.

This whole 'article' is trash but this pair of sentences really demonstrate why it's not even worthy of the time I never can get back to read it. Normally, I'd assume it's source was youtube comments but even those have more merit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, knitro said:

This whole 'article' is trash but this pair of sentences really demonstrate why it's not even worthy of the time I never can get back to read it. Normally, I'd assume it's source was youtube comments but even those have more merit. 

I agree that it's trash when it sites Johnson, Armarty and Simpson in the way that it does and that is no disrespect to those players for differing reasons. However, I too feel that Pereira is a big risk at that price. He's had one decent season in a not so great league, the same league where we got Slimani and Silva from. They were supposedly atvthe top of their game players at  £30m who, regardless of excuses have hardly lived up to their billing. This lad, until this season, has been out on loan and got ripped a new one in the Champions league, he's a good prospect but not a £20m player on big wages risk in a league that his compatriots struggle to adapt to. I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree that it's trash when it sites Johnson, Armarty and Simpson in the way that it does and that is no disrespect to those players for differing reasons. However, I too feel that Pereira is a big risk at that price. He's had one decent season in a not so great league, the same league where we got Slimani and Silva from. They were supposedly atvthe top of their game players at  £30m who, regardless of excuses have hardly lived up to their billing. This lad, until this season, has been out on loan and got ripped a new one in the Champions league, he's a good prospect but not a £20m player on big wages risk in a league that his compatriots struggle to adapt to. I hope I'm wrong.

we sold drinkwater for £35m lol. Ricardo is highly rated, had 3 very good seasons (In 2 leagues) and it was a position that we really needed to buy. £20m seems about right. If we want to be fighting for Europe we need to be spending big money (£100-150m). Once we are out spending Everton etc then we can complain as to why we are not finishing 7th etc. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Keiriel said:

My goodness, you could find Paul Merson in a damp basement snorting lines off of Arsene Wenger's alabaster kiester, ask him what he thinks of our transfer dealings and he'd still make more sense than the one who wrote that article.

He is back 

I did think that the owners would of got rid of him by now. I didn't agree with this as I believed he deserved at least the start of next season. Winning against arsenal and our attacking play vs spurs has certainly made a difference in the owners thinking. Puel is trying to change the way we play which obviously takes time. At least he is getting players in positions where we do need to strengthin. I agree with the other post - you have to get behind the manager whoevers in charge. 

I am not enamoured by Puel tbh, I think we can do better but we could do worse, maybe with better players we could fair better next season.

Come on Puel shows us your good qualities. Play with tempo and pace.

On 26/05/2018 at 08:01, Daggers said:

The miserable, clueless anti-Puel brigade must be delighted that they’ve got another season of whinging to look forward to. Oh how I envy the enjoyment they are going to get in the coming months.

‘The Puel out brigade’ which you write about was 88% of the posters on here before the Arsenal game according to the poll.

One win and conceding five goals away for the second successive game and all of a sudden the ‘outers’ are in the minority.

What a bunch of fickle and idiotic twats we have on here.

It seems everyone in the last two weeks has always been a ‘Puel in’ all along; and anyone suggesting relegation form since mid December with Claude at the helm is not good enough is some sort of dissenter of the true path.

What a load of shit. 

Puel was wanted out by anyone with half a brain based on 5 months of shockingly bad results ffs.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

‘The Puel out brigade’ which you write about was 88% of the posters on here before the Arsenal game according to the poll.

A fan's judgement changing after watching a football match shouldn't be cried down as heresy. "If you never change your mind, why have one?"

(And you're stating 88% of people who bothered to vote in an increasingly ridiculous number of polls. I stopped after the first. And those who want to give him time and a pre-season to improve are hardly going to be motivated to vote as opposed to those wanting him gone immediately.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

One win and conceding five goals away for the second successive game and all of a sudden the ‘outers’ are in the minority.

What a bunch of fickle and idiotic twats we have on here.

It seems everyone in the last two weeks has always been a ‘Puel in’ all along; and anyone suggesting relegation form since mid December with Claude at the helm is not good enough is some sort of dissenter of the true path.

What a load of shit. 

Puel was wanted out by anyone with half a brain based on 5 months of shockingly bad results ffs.

It's not so much we're "a bunch of fickle and idiotic twats", it's just that the majority of the fan base are on the fence about Puel and a few good things or bad things and we're easily swayed.

I've been pro Puel since he arrived and I think his squad management and transfer deals have been excellent since he got here and I'm an advocate of him trying to make us more of a possession based side. Some performances have been outstanding since he got here but over the last few months there have been some awful and unacceptable performances too.

After the Crystal Palace and West Ham games I begrudgingly changed my mind and thought he should go as the players aren't playing for him. I've changed my mind again since the Spurs and Arsenal games as it looked like the players did care. The fact that he hasn't been sacked since the end of the season is probably vindication that the players are on side with him as otherwise he has to go.

I think we'll have a good summer transfer wise as I believe he'll buy well and get VFM bringing in top players or good young talent. His start to the season will be crucial and the fans will quickly make a decision on him one way or the other not because we are fickle but because we are still undecided and at the moment he has the benefit of the doubt. He could quite easily be the first managerial casualty this coming season.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

A fan's judgement changing after watching a football match shouldn't be cried down as heresy. "If you never change your mind, why have one?"

(And you're stating 88% of people who bothered to vote in an increasingly ridiculous number of polls. I stopped after the first. And those who want to give him time and a pre-season to improve are hardly going to be motivated to vote as opposed to those wanting him gone immediately.)

:surrender: You've just given some one, some where the idea to do another poll.

• Haha 1

For consistency's sake, if we're calling out fans for being fickle based on a poll after one match, presumably we can call all those who swelled the ranks of outers to 88% as kneejerk fairweather fans after a couple of dreadful results.

Anyone that disagrees with me is an utter moron - am I allowed to use this pathetic, risible argumentative position, or is it just the sole copyright of a certain type of contributor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The point I was making was to Dagger’s post, which called Puel outers idiotic.

My argument was that it is not idiotic to have have that standpoint with actually knowing he has been very poor when the last 5 months League form was 19pts from 20 / 21 games.

Within that there is a reasonable justification to want him gone.

I think he’s very fortunate to remain in his position.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The point I was making was to Dagger’s post, which called Puel outers idiotic.

My argument was that it is not idiotic to have have that standpoint when the last 5 months    League form was 19pts from 20 / 21 games.

Within that there is a justification to want him gone.

I think he called you miserable and clueless to be fair... I think you claimed I have half a brain lol. We'll see. Pearson had some pretty shitty results too...

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

For consistency's sake, if we're calling out fans for being fickle based on a poll after one match, presumably we can call all those who swelled the ranks of outers to 88% as kneejerk fairweather fans after a couple of dreadful results.

Anyone that disagrees with me is an utter moron - am I allowed to use this pathetic, risible argumentative position, or is it just the sole copyright of a certain type of contributor?

Paragraph 1.

Yes you could do, but my view is based on 5 months of awful football accruing pts at

a rate of around 1 per game.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Paragraph 1.

Yes you could do, but my view is based on 5 months of awful football accruing pts at

a rate of around 1 per game.

This is the point for me. The swell of negative opinion for Puel got built up over time and after a run of negative results and shabby performances. This pretty much led to the overwhelming negative opinion demonstrated in the poll. 

Then, this changed after one win. Now, 88% don’t want Puel sacked, instead it’s turned right on it’s arse.

After one win.

Such is the nature of FT and the fickleness of football fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

This is the point for me. The swell of negative opinion for Puel got built up over time and after a run of negative results and shabby performances. This pretty much led to the overwhelming negative opinion demonstrated in the poll. 

Then, this changed after one win. Now, 88% don’t want Puel sacked, instead it’s turned right on it’s arse.

After one win.

Such is the nature of FT and the fickleness of football fans.

This.

I accept that some want puel gone  (inc me) and some think he should be given a chance and see where we are after 10 games with his players after a preseason.  These are principled positions...both. 

But i cant accept such a massive swing after we beat a second string arse team down to 10 men.  I like a passionate arguement... but why so many on the breeze.

Can someone explain why they changed their view after the arse game?  I think behavioral economics professors need to understand this. Kahnemam ....help!

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Puel, is he using money on wrong horses, risky path chosen.

From an article.

http://filbertway.com/n2018_460

Decent start but when they get to puel. Talk about puel out brigade. The only time I have ever seen diabate and pereira described as bad signing / not needed.

What planet are they one. A right back not needed?

BLOG LATEST

Puel, is he using money on wrong horses, risky path chosen

DATE: 26.05.2018 - THE CUNNING FOX - BLOG

TCF certainly hope that Claude Puel will find his way at Leicester City, but so far it looks a bit risky and to see the pattern is always important, and we can see a bit of it allready

If you look at City's team at the moment, there are a number of clear ideas that comes to your head. After watching 90 % of all City games last season you start to get an idea of what this is all about.

A team must be able to play both with possession and counter attacking depending on the opponent. Away against Man City and Man Utd you need to sit back and wait for the oppertunity, with players such as Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy and Demarai Gray that is no problem.

Claudio Ranieri made a number of mistakes in the transfer market, buying players who were probably not that much needed and instead of bringing in more quality and more points, everything crashed and players signed for millions never became great.

Craig Shakespeare made one signing last summer that was needed, and it worked wonders. Harry Maguire was there to fill the gap after Robert Huth and he did it well and also got the chance to do it. That was a brilliant move.

The rest of Shakespeare's dealings never really made any sense. Jakupovic, Iheanacho, Iborra, Silva and Dragovic all used time to adapt and none of them really got the chance to be steady first choices, rotating players all the time.

Iborra made an impact, while the other signings not really became what we all had hoped for, mostly because they were not given a chance to play four or five games and settle into ...

Puel made his first signing in Fousseni Diabate, but why ?. A man for the squad and nothing more, no instant quality rise in the team, and just one more fighting for a place.

I was getting pretty annoyed reading this article but then realised it was written by someone who knows nothing about LCFC or Claude Puel  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

I was getting pretty annoyed reading this article but then realised it was written by someone who knows nothing about LCFC or Claude Puel  

I think that's the scariest thing. This was written by a dedicated lcfc site. Albeit a Scandinavian one.

"After watching 90 % of all City games last season you start to get an idea of what this is all about."

Surely nothing can lost in translation that much. Even Google translate couldn't get things that wrong.

After watching 100% of all city games last season, you sir, are an idiot! Please close your website and chop off.your fingers.

Edited by gw_leics772