Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We had a five game losing streak without a goal under Ranieri. Puel never had that. 

Yes but he was sacked as a result, and he had won the league. 

Puel has presided over total results on a par with Shakespeare’s tenure; who was sacked.

Given the previous two managerial dismissals, and the results and performances after Christmas -  an extended period - Puel is extremely fortunate imo to be allowed to continue.

New signings to the rescue! 

2 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Keep in mind I did mention the word 'like' before Puel. Doesn't necessarily mean it would be him

So you would like to play under a manager like him but probably not him. Am I the only one completely confused?

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Puel has presided over total results on a par with Shakespeare’s tenure; who was sacked.

Given the previous two managerial dismissals, and the results and performances after Christmas -  an extended period - Puel is extremely fortunate imo to be allowed to continue.

The fact Puel has been relatively succesful over a period of time unlike Craig will stand him in a good position. Unless we are in the bottom 3/5 then I'd expect him to continue, especially with how young our squad could be. 

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I'm expecting a few more of these scrambles for caveats in case we're any good next year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

I'm expecting a few more of these scrambles for caveats in case we're any good next year. 

Puel has been poor.

I don’t need caveats; I’ve watched awful football since January combined with a relegation points haul.

He’s lucky to have been given the transfer kitty imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Valid. Poor bloke can't be responsible for achieving anything now because some lads knew better all along, apparently...

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting that Maddison should choose us over other clubs despite having two friends in the current squad and the relationship between players/manager supposed to be strained. 

Chilwell & Gray? Puel has been the only recent manager to play Chilwell and Gray, well gray just isn't good enough. 

On 17/06/2018 at 15:26, Fox92 said:

Definitely. But this is what we seem to do. 

I'm not sure at what point Rudkin was appointed DOF (who I assume looks for managers) but under our current ownership we've had Sousa, Sven, Pearson, Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel... All of which prior to Puel have been sacked and only two have been successful (Pearson and Rainieri). 

Feb 2015...

https://www.lcfc.com/news/430862/jon-rudkin-confirmed-as-lcfc-director-of-football

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

The success we’re having in this window is brilliant, down to CP I think :) 

Well done to whoever was involved, but to have a measurement of how well the transfer window has gone there must be some outgoings (other than academy/u23 loans)....or we need a bigger bench and a bottomless pit of money for wages bill.

• Like 3

He;s delivering big time as I thought he would. great Window so far. All he needs now is the time to work with the players and bring the success we crave. I just hope he gets off to a decent start to take the pressure off himself and the players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Well done to whoever was involved, but to have a measurement of how well the transfer window has gone there must be some outgoings (other than academy/u23 loans)....or we need a bigger bench and a bottomless pit of money for wages bill.

That's my only little issue about the window so far. I would like to see at least a couple of the squad being sold.

Sadly you cannot sell what no one wants to buy.

Worst case scenario lets hope we can get a few out on loan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

That's my only little issue about the window so far. I would like to see at least a couple of the squad being sold.

Sadly you cannot sell what no one wants to buy.

Worst case scenario lets hope we can get a few out on loan.

I imagine there will be a few deals done like the rumoured Musa one, i.e Loan move with agreement to buy 

Otherwise, I would consider the possibility of paying up some contracts to get rid of the older ones

• Like 1