Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

31 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

And remember, the wheels didnt really come off this until the Mahrez issue.  A lot to be said for team spirit over a long season

With Mahrez leaving and the new guys who have come in and with more to follow, I think we will be quite a different side next season and its difficult to predict how we'll be

As far as I can remember and even though we lost, we played really well against Everton straight after Mahrez went on his self-inflicted hiatus.

The Swansea home game was indicative of how the rest of the season would then pan out: We take the lead, yet let the opposition back into the game, unable to kill the match with a second goal. Facing an utterly dominant Manchester City side straight after and losing there I can forgive the lads, there was no way we were going to get something out of that match.

Although you could argue losing 3-0 at home to Crystal Palace was Puel's first not-so-fine moment. And that was about a month before the Mahrez Situation©.

Edited by MC Prussian

30 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Nothing new there, and that holds some truth for both sides of the argument.

Love, MCP

xoxo

So some people only want Puel to do well so they can say I told you so?  For me I want Puel to do well because I want Leicester to do well, seems very weird to think some people just want him to do well as some kind of vanity project?  Anyhoo, I am boring myself and I am sure you are too so good day.  X

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

So some people only want Puel to do well so they can say I told you so?  For me I want Puel to do well because I want Leicester to do well, seems very weird to think some people just want him to do well as some kind of vanity project?  Anyhoo, I am boring myself and I am sure you are too so good day.  X

No, it only means that the discussions surrounding the sympathy or antipathy towards football managers is as old as the game - nothing new there.

And that for every one you claim is only in for the argument because of the potential "I told you so" scenario in case the manager fails (and there are fewer of those than you may think), the same could be said about the ones on the other side of the argument.

Period.

Have a good one.

Love, MCP

xoxo

Edited by MC Prussian

37 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

As far as I can remember and even though we lost, we played really well against Everton straight after Mahrez went on his self-inflicted hiatus.

The Swansea home game was indicative of how the rest of the season would then pan out: We take the lead, yet let the opposition back into the game, unable to kill the match with a second goal. Facing an utterly dominant Manchester City side straight after and losing there I can forgive the lads, there was no way we were going to get something out of that match.

Although you could argue losing 3-0 at home to Crystal Palace was Puel's first not-so-fine moment. And that was about a month before the Mahrez Situation©.

I just dont think we were a good enough squad to keep winning regularly.  When we beat Newcastle I said on here we were lucky to get away with that and got panned for being negative.   For me, that was a first not so fine moment which showed our frailty.

I think people are judging Puel based on bad results and claiming its because of football style, which is strange to me because he made us start playing football like we havent been able to since the title, really improved our passing and play in possession

That being said, we did under perform in the second half of the season.

My point is when we played badly and won people were fine with it, when we played badly and lost its all Puel out, despite everyone knowing our squad has been in need of a revamp and Mahrez we relied on yet blew hot and cold throughout the last two seasons

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

No, it only means that the discussions surrounding the sympathy or antipathy towards football managers is as old as the game - nothing new there.

And that for every one you claim is only in for the argument because of the potential "I told you so" scenario in case the manager fails (and there are fewer of those than you may think), the same could be said about the ones on the other side of the argument.

Period.

Have a good one.

Love, MCP

xoxo

Can we hug?  X

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

He took over when we were 13th. And we were still early into the season, there‘s no way to predict we would‘ve done worse without Puel.

From my perspective, he doesn‘t come across as somebody who can express himself clearly enough in English, I think he‘s got a lot of room for improvement there still.

His monotone and sometimes even unintelligible voice and way of speaking don‘t help, either.

Very noticeable how his voice drops, almost to a mumble.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2018 at 08:05, MC Prussian said:

Abysmal is stretching it. We lost against Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, and that by a maximum of two goals. Only one manager I know would‘ve done better with that heavy schedule.:pearson:

We also snuck a draw at Bournemouth where they deserved to win by 2 or 3, and looked overawed for a while at Huddersfield. Shakespeare had the remarkable ability to make us marginally worse than whoever we were playing

10 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Saw him at coop petrol station in Blaby today, went over and shook his hand. He wasn't rude or anything but you could tell he wasn't particularly happy to be approached and wanted to get going. 

Sack the tw*t.

Saw him at coop petrol station in Blaby today, went over and shook his hand. He wasn't rude or anything but you could tell he wasn't particularly happy to be approached and wanted to get going. 

if you approached me out the blue at a petrol station id be fvckin miserable aswell lol 

Edited by les-tah

Perhaps he was looking for Musa!?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think that's spot on. We had some good players but were short of a few in certain positions where we had to play people that were arguably not in their best roles. We have potentially bought well. Evans is an experienced CB and will just have to get to know his team mates as he knows his job. Maddison is potentially the proper number 10 we've been crying out for but we need to be a little patient as he's young and stepping up a level. Perreira is the unknown quantity and it may take a while for him to get used to the pace and physicality of the Premiership. I don't think he will be as good at actual defending as the much malagned Simpson but that's not what he's been bought for and it wouldn't suprise me to see Puel counterbalance him with 2 defensive midfielders as cover.

We're not a squad of expensive superstars and top 6 is a huge ask but not impossible.  We WILL lose quite a few games but unless the style of those losses or play is absolutely dire I don't think an instant turning on the manager is warranted, he too needs time to drill home his style whatever that may be to some extent.

We have a very young squad with bags of potential.  We can't afford or attract the ready made top of the tree players, this has to be our blueprint for success. Young professionals will make big mistakes, it just happens. It would be nice to get behind them and see them grow in Leicester City shirts.

I agree with you for the most part but the top 6 is out of reach and people would do good to not even think about it this season.

I'm expecting Arsenal to turn up under Emery and even an eventually depleted Chelsea is a tough nut to crack. The rest of them are unreachable anyway.

I think that we have a good squad, but many of the key players are young and/or not used to the PL. Not to mention the chemistry between them which is yet to create. All of this will take a while so rather lower the expectations.

Top 10 for this season would be something I'd consider achievable, top 8 is already a stretch.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We also snuck a draw at Bournemouth where they deserved to win by 2 or 3, and looked overawed for a while at Huddersfield. Shakespeare had the remarkable ability to make us marginally worse than whoever we were playing

The Huddersfield result could've been different if Vardy had been able to convert from that Mahrez cross towards the end. But hindsight is 20/20.

And to be completely honest, we've always tended to struggle against Bournemouth in recent years. Even in the Championship game in which Kevin Phillips scored the one and only goal, we hardly ever looked like scoring.

The last six Premier League matches against the Cherries show five draws and one loss.

Remember the 1-1 draw under Puel four months ago where Mahrez scored the ultra-late equalizer?

Edited by MC Prussian

40 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Pearson would have shook your hand with a gleaming smile, paid for your petrol and bought you a co-op meal deal.

PUEL OUT.

No he wouldn’t. He’d tell you to F off and die. 

Anything else would be a disappointment to be honest. ?

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Haha 2