Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

59 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

They really don't have any alternative but to sack him. The big mistake with Puel and Wagner is lack of experience in the Prem League, Puel 1.5 seasons, Wagner 1 season, its a situation where LCFC need a few years of stability and that means EXPERIENCE, someone like Benitez would certainly give us that

It's not their experience, it's their ability. Who would you rather have? Ferguson or Guardiola at the beginning of their managerial career, or Pardew or Pulis now?

Some managers are more talented than others. Some have been in the game for a long time and learnt very little, while others have a lot of good ideas before they've even started.

I'm not saying experience counts for nought, but I don't think it's anywhere near as important as talent or intelligence.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....at this moment whether he is the right man or not is irrelevant to the owners. The need to break the player monopoly is the goal!!!!!

Your argument is based I believe on a false premise which is; it’s the players not the manager.

It is clearly the manager who is responsible for tactics (shit) and getting the best out of a decent (should be finishing 7th) squad which he is not doing.

We are getting a point a game in the last few months which is relegation form.

He is failing on every level in terms of his remit when employed, and unless the owners are willing accept a high possibility of relegation next year, he will surely be culled.

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'm focusing on their league finish tbh. My worry is we sack him and this time next year we have another team-manager conflict. And if there really is a team-manager conflict now, and we sack the manager, we'll almost guarantee another conflict in the future.

We can’t actually predict the future, so we have to deal with the issues in the present.

Ie, sack Puel within the week and pay a Kings ransom for someone who can get the best out of what we have, which clearly Puel is incapable of doing.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

How on earth did he get the gig in the first place with those Southampton stats? 

To which i will add: he finished the season only 6pts above the relegation zone.

Southampton actually finished 12 points above the relegation zone but 6 points above 4th bottom.

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Southampton actually finished 12 points above the relegation zone but 6 points above 4th bottom.

Based on our current form it is quite possible that we could finish 10th or 11th and only 7 or 8 points above the relegation zone. :(

Puel had one last chance to save his job here by giving some academy players a chance in games that are dead rubbers. If we'd have found some team spirit and desire then the fans would have responded to this. Yet, all he's done is chop and change from the same group of players who are mystified by his methods and pretty much already on the beach. I'm not saying picking Barnes, Thomas, Hughes and Johnson would have gotten us any better results but it would have been a minor positive in what has been a heinous last few months. They'd have a point to prove and even a goal would be nice to watch right now. Let's not forget this academy side has presided over it's best finish in many years and as a unit they are effective and confident. It's a huge step up to the very top but if they aren't going to get a chance after what they've achieved this year and in a time when results don't actually matter for our status in the PL, then they probably never will. It's a big shame, now fcuk off Claude.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel had one last chance to save his job here by giving some academy players a chance in games that are dead rubbers. If we'd have found some team spirit and desire then the fans would have responded to this. Yet, all he's done is chop and change from the same group of players who are mystified by his methods and pretty much already on the beach. I'm not saying picking Barnes, Thomas, Hughes and Johnson would have gotten us any better results but it would have been a minor positive in what has been a heinous last few months. They'd have a point to prove and even a goal would be nice to watch right now. Let's not forget this academy side has presided over it's best finish in many years and as a unit they are effective and confident. It's a huge step up to the very top but if they aren't going to get a chance after what they've achieved this year and in a time when results don't actually matter for our status in the PL, then they probably never will. It's a big shame, now fcuk off Claude.

The last few games have not made much sense from a manager's point of view. Its hard to justify some decisions and just seems to say "something is wrong"

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

I predicted the comfortable 2-0 for West Ham even though I secretly hoped for some kind of reaction from the players and manager.

Yet again, the exact same issues. Puel is one stubborn git, I'll give him that! In this case though, it will cost him his job. 

Reading some of his comments in the press, only enforces my opinion that he will never be flexible and learn to adapt his style to what certain situations require. He is asking for more time of course, but why should we give him any? He hasn't earned a day more in my opinion. More time is something you should earn. 

Don't let the excuse of players "downing tools" cloud your judgement, on what is a failing manager who is in charge of such a slide that a relegation battle next season is almost a certainty if he stays in charge. Yes, many of the players should be held accountable and some should be moved on this summer, but they are being used as a smokescreen and the bigger problem lies with the manager right now. Sort that first and then lets get rid of the dead wood! 

New manager. Sell/Release/Demote a number of the "old guard". Sign 4-5 players.

That's they only way I can see us genuinely being "best of the rest" aka 7th best team next season. 

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Christ, why would he think saying that was a good idea? Citing Southampton's current position as a reason why he shouldn't be sacked is stupid as well.

I thought this! 

Most people can surely see that he has most certainly played a part in Saint's downfall.

Big or small is the debate but he definitely shouldn't be implying that sacking him has led to their demise. 

Writing was on the wall for them, much like it is for us now with him in charge.

When being nice to the fans doesn't work... threaten them lol 

I know there's a language barrier and all, but what a strange and frankly confusing thing to say. ''Stick with me or you'll be relegated just like southampton". I agree he was part of Southampton's downfall and the fact he can't see that himself is immensely worrying.

I do worry about the damaging effect he has had on our squads morale, I know we haven't seemed together as a squad for a long time, but he seems to have accelerated and increased the division between the squad and fans.

• Like 2

My 2p.

We always seem to function better as team when we have a no-nonsense, bit of a tough guy manager, rather than one that appears to come over as being aligned with the players, listening to their needs, consultative with them in picking the squad... someone who is decisive and is prepared to disagree with the team(bully them?), and sometimes the fans when making their points/decisions. I think the players respect him more, and if they don't, they know where they stand. We have always been a grafting team, with the odd culture player or two to possibly unlock defences, but mainly I think the fans like a team that works, runs and presses for every ball, as opposed to sitting back and trying to soak up pressure and then play out from the back - except for the occasional times when we're well ahead and in control of a game :)

So, I'd be happy with Wagner. I also think it's worth giving Uwe Rosler another look. He's known the leagues a bit longer than Wagner and I think would be a more stable appointment if Vic and Top would actually commit to keeping a manager in place for 3yrs.

Essentially, we most likely need someone like Klopp, a high pressing team that moves from defence to attacking quickly (not necessarily counter-attack) and that shows some passion and energy on the sidelines to mirror the fans. Oh, and without the price-tag and a 'point to prove' so they're actually invested in the club. 

Here endeth my 2p.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Your argument is based I believe on a false premise which is; it’s the players not the manager.

It is clearly the manager who is responsible for tactics (shit) and getting the best out of a decent (should be finishing 7th) squad which he is not doing.

We are getting a point a game in the last few months which is relegation form.

He is failing on every level in terms of his remit when employed, and unless the owners are willing accept a high possibility of relegation next year, he will surely be culled.

..... I am looking at this from the owners point of view as per my previous post. The same situation happened with Ranieri and later happened with Shakespeare this is the third time this exact situation has occurred.

To back the players once again would not resolve, what is now looking as strategic manipulation by the playing staff. The adage "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" seems appropriate and to be once again be in this situation will leave a bitter taste in their mouths.

Just to be clear, I support the termination of Puels' contract with immediate effect, i am not in anyway seeking to excuse the football served up by his playing style, his constant denial of the abject performances that we have seen,his self promotion that he is doing a good job, the claims that he has improved the younger players but it is clear (at least to me) that there is an issue within the players that needs to be addressed.

We could be repeating this process in 6 months time.....then what do the owners do then?

1 minute ago, blabyboy said:

My 2p.

We always seem to function better as team when we have a no-nonsense, bit of a tough guy manager, rather than one that appears to come over as being aligned with the players, listening to their needs, consultative with them in picking the squad... someone who is decisive and is prepared to disagree with the team(bully them?), and sometimes the fans when making their points/decisions. I think the players respect him more, and if they don't, they know where they stand. We have always been a grafting team, with the odd culture player or two to possibly unlock defences, but mainly I think the fans like a team that works, runs and presses for every ball, as opposed to sitting back and trying to soak up pressure and then play out from the back - except for the occasional times when we're well ahead and in control of a game :)

So, I'd be happy with Wagner. I also think it's worth giving Uwe Rosler another look. He's known the leagues a bit longer than Wagner and I think would be a more stable appointment if Vic and Top would actually commit to keeping a manager in place for 3yrs.

Essentially, we most likely need someone like Klopp, a high pressing team that moves from defence to attacking quickly (not necessarily counter-attack) and that shows some passion and energy on the sidelines to mirror the fans. Oh, and without the price-tag and a 'point to prove' so they're actually invested in the club. 

Here endeth my 2p.

Uwe Rosler, the man sacked by Fleetwood??

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

What's Wenger got anyrhing to do with the owners decision to sack CP?

The shitty PR. The owners don’t want the club look like anymore of a joke when Wenger comes to town. We’ll have had over 20 managers during a time when Arsenal only had one. The media will rip us apart. 

It doesn’t matter anymore. There’s nothing to play for. We all just have a few more days to get through. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevieB said:

God I cant stand the man now 

Screenshot_20180508-094952.png

What a dumb thing to say.

Deffo getting relegated playing toepoke football without him now though. Reckon he put a curse on Southampton when he was fired.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Experience is vastly overrated in most walks of life.

Give me ability over experience any day of the week.

I take your point, but M Puel lacks any ability, this has been clearly demonstrated over the last few months being totally tactically outsmarted by managers at clubs at the lower end of the league. An experienced manager in the Premier is now absolutely vital, no more risks, no more wild shots, we can't afford to gamble with just hope and little touches of ability. .