Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

23 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

My God if that Ranieri to Spurs rumour is true... how bizarre. 

I really want this to be true, just because of how entertaining it would be.

• Like 3

Guest MattP
30 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

My God if that Ranieri to Spurs rumour is true... how bizarre. 

"If  we do not ahhh bottle the nextta match then I pay fora pizzas hehe, thata means thata Claudio doesa nota pay for a singlea pizza hehe.... dilly ding dong"

2 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Roy Hodgson is even older than Wenger ,but done an excellent job at CP

You're right - he has.

I only brought up Wenger's age to illustrate my point that he might find it difficult to get motivated at a mid-table club after so long among the top 4.

I'm not saying we should rule out an old manager, although it might be a good idea to go for someone younger, considering how quickly we're getting through managers since NP left. If we got someone who's nearly 70, they're bound to retire soon and we'd be back to square one yet again.

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

I really want this to be true, just because of how entertaining it would be.

The thought of Tottenham getting turned into a powerhouse by Ranieri whilst we could potentially have to listen to Poo-hell um and argh for another season makes me feel a little sick in truth. You just know he'd do brilliantly there to rub it in. 

Puel needs to go, or next year is going to be a struggle in my opinion

However, the first job of the new manager is to clear out the prima donnas who think they decide who the manager is.

Chelsea did that with AVB.........................................oh hold on

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

The thought of Tottenham getting turned into a powerhouse by Ranieri whilst we could potentially have to listen to Poo-hell um and argh for another season makes me feel a little sick in truth. You just know he'd do brilliantly there to rub it in. 

I'd be willing to take the risk of Spurs being successful, for the far more likely outcome of Ranieri being unable to communicate with Spurs' English squad, making the dressing room turn against him. Poch improved his English, Ranieri never did and has probably gone backwards language-wise after spending a year in France. Seeing the pundits scrambling to find a way to not criticise their favourite grandfather while not calling Kane and co. snakes will be hilarious.

Edited by brucey

22 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Would be strange seeing Claudio there but even though I could care less for the spuds I would wish him all the best, still think he should have a statue here :)

I'm with you all the way. On paper our very best manager, and that feat will never again be achieved  in all likelihood.

Edited by DANGEROUS TIGER
  • Like 1

I don't think Puel can chat to the players becos his English is very limited, I think this is vital, cos if he can't communicate then the players, they will ignore you

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KJT said:

I don't think Puel can chat to the players becos his English is very limited, I think this is vital, cos if he can't communicate then the players, they will ignore you

Gud 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, KJT said:

Claudio did alright with limited English 

4 hours ago, esoog said:

Never seen the forum united in an opinion of a manager. 

Wait until next year and the relegation battle with Coach Pasheun McCharisma in charge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

He is such an arrogant bellend.

He was brought in to get us into europe but now states midtable is fine and basically we should be grateful to have him.

Deluded.

Well to be fair getting us to 9th place is something everyone would have been happy with when he took the job. No one is unhappy with him because of league position but the regressive football we've had in the last four months.

If we'd started terribly and finished well to finish 9th no one would be calling for his head.

• Like 1

Guest Foxin_mad

The average Puel Interview: 

Blah blah blah great intensitee from my playurs blah blah fantastique intensitee blah blah if we keep playing with such intensitee we will create chances for jimmy. 

19 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Would be strange seeing Claudio there but even though I could care less for the spuds I would wish him all the best, still think he should have a statue here :)

Couldn’t care less

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yks said:

Wait until next year and the relegation battle with Coach Pasheun McCharisma in charge.

I lol'd so hard.

Would be a perfect fit here.

5 hours ago, chicagofox said:

And who are these players in your opinion?

Yeah but is it really the case that the players are being arrogant bells? Or are they just objecting at having unfamiliar tactics being forced upon them that they feel makes themselves look like bad footballers? Maybe they kick off because they care about the club and they know they can beat anyone if they are played to their strengths. A lot of these fellas have been here for a long time, a lot longer than Puel. I know where my loyalties lie. 

Ranieri has done almost the same thing with Nantes as he did with us, only instead of 12 months of decent football then turning to shit, he managed 6 months there. 

He's alienated loads of people at Nantes over the last 6 months, they've been almost as bad as we have.

I wonder whether Puel has bought himself a lifeline today, another performance like that and I think he stays. 

• Like 1