Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

19 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

By serving them the shower of shit of the last games? The last 2-3 they weren't even trying. Now Puel's time is up and they suddenly start playing. Screw that.

Once again the players performed when their pride was dented and they were being called into question. How many times does this have to happen before some start to question them as much as they do the manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lee7 said:

For me I still think he needs to go. I said it in another thread but Arsenal are a completely different type of opposition to what we usually face. We don't normally get that much time or space on the ball & you never get teams stupid enough to come here and play a high line. 

Its when teams sit behind the ball that we look clueless and unable to break them down & 70% of the premier league play that style away from home. 

For me, this is the key issue. 

We know most of the sides we play at home will sit relatively deep and put men behind the ball. 

The job of the manager is to acknowledge this and find a way round it (and for the players, to carry it out). 

I'm worried about our ability to do this tbh, as nice as it is to beat the better/more attacking sides. 

I've been a big advocate of Puel going and I'm still maintaining that stance, but in fairness to him we were excellent yesterday.. whether that was down to him or the players I don't think we'll ever know.

I think he will still go, and I'm in favour of that decision but if he were to stay I think a lot more needs to be done to win the fans around.

Last night's game: particularly the 2nd half had a bizzare feel to it: more like a five aside knock about. Arsenal were locked into 6th place whatever and only had 10 men, so it developed into a back & forth more of a training match than a Premier League game. The fact that for 75 minutes against 10 men - until the final breakaway - we could only manage 1-1 thanks to a penalty doesn't strike me as anything to shout about particularly.

The only thing the result does for Puel is enable him to take credit for a top 9 finish and beating one of the top 6, which I'm sure will be top of his report when he goes to the owners at the end of the season.

If the comments on body language are true, it might not make a difference, but I really hope yesterday's kickabout doesn't end up being counter-productive in the longer term.

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Exactly this, said the same thing on here after last night.

Arsenal allowed us to play football because they gave us far too much space, going down to 10 men helped us even more but Arsenal defensively were wide open and very unorganised, you could see why they haven't won a league away game in 2018.

Come the likes of your Stoke's, Southampton's and West Ham's they sat in, defensively organised and we couldn't break through them. On the basis of that he still must go.

Which prospective manager is solving that problem?

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Which prospective manager is solving that problem?

One of his major shortfalls with us is the options available to us, he's loaned out the 2 target men within our squad and left us too 1 dimensional. When facing teams who sit back to defend we have no ability to break them down or work a way in and ultimately because of the decision on loaning those players out that's on him!

45 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Either the player's ignored the same old tactics or Puel changed them, but what we saw last night was different to what Puel has been trying to implement. 

Vardy eluded as much in his post match interview suggesting that he didn't see the point of just passing it around the back. 

We were much more direct and showed signs of what we used to do so well with quick breaks and forward passing into the channels. 

The player's should certainly take responsibility for their performances of late, but in my opinion Puel has stifled them and stubbornly forced a style on them, that many are simply incapable of.

If Puel was responsible for our switch in style yesterday, then he must take credit of course. I suspect differently though and his time maybe up and this was simply a demonstration of what our players are capable of when playing a style more suited to their own strengths. 

Vardy also said Puel has been telling them to move forward and play the ball quicker - he certainly wasn't insinuating that Puel is forcing them to fanny around at the back and play slowly.

Puel himself has also said the performance he has seen are NOT what he wants.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Vardy also said Puel has been telling them to move forward and play the ball quicker - he certainly wasn't insinuating that Puel is forcing them to fanny around at the back and play slowly.

Puel himself has also said the performance he has seen are NOT what he wants.

Following on from this, what Puel has probably said is 'stop lumping it from the back' which the likes of Morgan and Simpson without a forward thinking thought in their heads, and who see lumping it as the definition of football, probably think means pass it around sideways at the back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

French joy, Puel style:

Puel.png.d7fccb9639a76276ac0f6b990fc19ece.png

This was right after Mahrez had scored.

May well have taken that attitude celebrating goals given the occasion with Wenger who was his mentor. 

Doesnt explain the passive nature whilst the games in progress though. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

May well have taken that attitude celebrating goals given the occasion with Wenger who was his mentor. 

Doesnt explain the passive nature whilst the games in progress though. 

He was raging a couple of times with the officials.

Generally speaking managers are not necessarily happy when games are as open as that. You often hear a manager say "great for a neutral but a nightmare for managers"

We could have quite easily lost last night and there would be complaints we weren't organised enough.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Puel has been saying this consistently post-match throughout our bad run.

Unfortunately, people have made their minds up, and deliberately ignore what he says.

That's the most infuriating. You're better off talking to a wall.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Unfortunately, people have made their minds up, and deliberately ignore what he says.

To be honest I don’t understand them as he talks in riddles! 

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

People will think I’m on ‘my dad’s mates dog told me this’. 

However I was told Vardy is supportive of Puel and certainly doesn’t have a problem with him. Vardy is more angered with certain players not pulling their weight. 

Those thinking Vardy is a leak to the press and a troublemaker couldn’t be further wrong either. 

I can well believe that.  Vardy has always given 100% and has scored a lot under Puel and is capable of changing styles

Compare how he strives continually and plays for the team with Mahrez.  Mahrez was lucky he scored last night because if he didnt all you would remember is him breaking down every attack by over-playing and refusing to pass.

Maybe bringing him back in after the January window was more damaging than we have considered.

Personally think Puel is another manager being let down by some of these players.  When you look at performances Vardy clearly isnt one of them

• Like 4

Whatever decisions are made regarding the manager I am 100 per cent behind Leicester City FC

im Leicester till I die

im not a Puel fan at all in the slightest but that said if he is still in charge next season I will be fully behind him and the team and hopefully we will get the results for this not to be an issue in the future

that said if he is sacked and we get Wagner/Howe/somerandombloke instead I will be 100 per cent behind them

its all about what is best for Leicester City FC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

One of his major shortfalls with us is the options available to us, he's loaned out the 2 target men within our squad and left us too 1 dimensional. When facing teams who sit back to defend we have no ability to break them down or work a way in and ultimately because of the decision on loaning those players out that's on him!

It's never quite that easy. One we were trying to move on the other wanted to go back to where we got him from. Neither of which had much to do with Puel.

10 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Whatever decisions are made regarding the manager I am 100 per cent behind Leicester City FC

im Leicester till I die

im not a Puel fan at all in the slightest but that said if he is still in charge next season I will be fully behind him and the team and hopefully we will get the results for this not to be an issue in the future

that said if he is sacked and we get Wagner/Howe/somerandombloke instead I will be 100 per cent behind them

its all about what is best for Leicester City FC

Someandrandombloke in! 

Source? 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Before yesterday's game I was thinking he needs to go but after last night it's put me back on the fence. If we go to Spuds and we're awful, I'll be back to where I was but if we're half decent, regardless of the result, I'll be still on the fence. 

....i cannot understand the uncertainty in respect of Puel in or out!!!

Last night was an indictment of Puel's policy and its shortcomings pertaining to this squad. The vote was recently 88 to 12 in favour for "out", the recent now shows 66 to 33 for "out", it has taken one favourable result to persuade 21% to go the other way.

The tempo and application was spot on and a great percentage of us believes that is how we should play. This was in no shape or form Puel's doing which can be shown in his lack of interaction with the players from the touchline. He has one way of playing, he believes in it, he probably eat sleeps and breathes it but it does not suit the team and his lack of flexibility in this thinking has brought us here.

The speculation that he has already been informed his contract has been terminated I would hazard a quess to be false, you would not tell someone and then leave them to carry on, as if nothing has happened, our owners are not that cruel.

Could it therefore have been an agreement with the players who want to play another way and looking to see if Puel could compromise his way of playing to tailor it to their needs?

One more thing, if there were two teams that these set of players do not want to lose to it would be Arsenal and Spurs, role on Sunday!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....i cannot understand the uncertainty in respect of Puel in or out!!!

Last night was an indictment of Puel's policy and its shortcomings pertaining to this squad. The vote was recently 88 to 12 in favour for "out", the recent now shows 66 to 33 for "out", it has taken one favourable result to persuade 21% to go the other way.

The tempo and application was spot on and a great percentage of us believes that is how we should play. This was in no shape or form Puel's doing which can be shown in his lack of interaction with the players from the touchline. He has one way of playing, he believes in it, he probably eat sleeps and breathes it but it does not suit the team and his lack of flexibility in this thinking has brought us here.

The speculation that he has already been informed his contract has been terminated I would hazard a quess to be false, you would not tell someone and then leave them to carry on, as if nothing has happened, our owners are not that cruel.

Could it therefore have been an agreement with the players who want to play another way and looking to see if Puel could compromise his way of playing to tailor it to their needs?

One more thing, if there were two teams that these set of players do not want to lose to it would be Arsenal and Spurs, role on Sunday!!!

Only manager to beat Arsenal in the premier league era, and with a depleted squad.  Can't be that bad

I did see him interacting with people on the touchline.  Clearly telling Gray to push forward and .... win a peno

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

How many managers talk a good game? He will be rightly judged on what he delivers in results, not what he says. 

• Thanks 1