Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

Typical institutionalized Leicester fan.

2 Cup quarter finals pissed up the wall and letting not just Burnley but Everton as well pass you by in a shocking league is pathetic.

we were never ahead of Burnley, again finishing 9th is not a failure, I understand people hoping for more feeling disappointed but its still not a failure of a league season

1 minute ago, Koke said:

One of the reasons to keep Puel is if we get another manager we have to endure another sesson with some of the players we know aren't good enough anymore. The new manager will give everyone a new slate to players we already know should be moved on. Puel has already binned Ulloa, King, Musa etc and he now knows who else he needs to bin off and which area needs recruiting.

Irrespective of the manager The likes of Morgan Simpson will be binned.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

That's the thing, I'm not sure about that. 

8 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Typical institutionalized Leicester fan.

2 Cup quarter finals pissed up the wall and letting not just Burnley but Everton as well pass you by in a shocking league is pathetic.

Burnley were 7 points ahead of us when CS was sacked, they are 7 points ahead of us now. They've had a great season, just like we did when we won the league. It doesn't instantly make everyone else a bad manager just because someone else got it spectacularly right for one season. Is Poch' a crap manager because we beat them to the league?

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

Just now, Koke said:

I think they will, our transfer department will sign replacements, we will sign an attacking RB and we will get a replacement for Morgan. Even if they are still on the books they will be backup players at best.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

More chance with Puel here, a new man will likely want to "take a look" at the squad. Since Puel came in we've been linked with about a dozen right backs, so it's clear where we sees a change. 

• Like 1

Overall the owners have verbally said they are behind the manager. He has had 7-8 months with the squad and has probably played every player in the squad at some point. I expect he is going to stay. He is in a better position than a new man coming in post World Cup with little time to assess. 

Maybe the penny finally dropped that his tippy tappy possession based game isn't the English league and we are working towards a happy medium. 

Give him the summer and let him bring his own players in. He can do no worse than Claudio and his recruitment in season two. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

Puel has already binned Ulloa, King, Musa etc

"Puel has already binned Ulloa, King, Musa, e.t.c"

Don't forget Dragovic

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

and he now knows who else he needs to bin off and which area needs recruiting.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm not sure he does, i'm not sure he will and persistence in his team selection i'm not sure Morgan will be binned even if Puel stays.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not sure he does, i'm not sure he will and persistence in his team selection i'm not sure Morgan will be binned even if Puel stays.

We will wait and see pal.

I said in the build up to the game that if we went to Spurs and took it to them, even if we did finish 9th, I'd be happy. We gave it a real good go and were again let down by individual errors and defensive frailties. Puel knows this needs addressing, he's basically said so in the media. I know we've lost 5-4 from a winning position, but today's result can't be pinned on the manager and given how badly many feared it could've been, we actually looked very good in attack. 

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

One of the reasons to keep Puel is if we get another manager we have to endure another sesson with some of the players we know aren't good enough anymore. The new manager will give everyone a new slate to players we already know should be moved on. Puel has already binned Ulloa, King, Musa etc and he now knows who else he needs to bin off and which area needs recruiting.

I agree entirely with this - Puel has made some big decisions in moving King on, moving Ulloa on, dropping Morgan on the occasion. It's clear he knows where the amendments need to be made and I'm confident the club will back him sufficiently to do this. This summer, continuation and transition towards this new style of playing is essential. I'm seeing the patchy last few months as teething problems as to that. 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/claude-puel-vows-honour-leicester-1562931

Claude Puel vows to honour Leicester City contract as he's asked if he will be Foxes boss next season

In regards to Saint-Etienne links, Only going if he is sacked then

Well he isn’t going to chuck away any payoff, however small it is re his annual salary

Unless we bring in a very strong manager then a new man could be wary of getting rid of big beasts in the dressing room immediately which will delay our evolution - again !!

Better the devil you know. Puel has shown he knows how to build a football club. Give him the summer and see if we improve. Won't take long to work out whether we're moving forwards.

I've sat on both sides of the fence this season but when your only recognised right back is Danny Simpson and you inherit that defence, he deserves to be cut a bit of slack.

And to those saying sack everyone behind the scenes and replace the whole squad, when has that ever worked for anyone?

• Like 2

Regarding the change in dynamism and tempo in the last two games, does anyone think there may have been one of those "behind closed doors discussions" between Puel and the squad, an open two way conversation and from that they've seen each others views and moved closer. Thinking about it, it's hard to believe there wouldn't be considering we were expecting two thrashings on the back of the previous awful results and performances. You would not expect a manager to change his philosophies to pander to players suggestions but in an injury crisis and on an awful run he may have recognised a compromise to get them through the remaining games to the end of the season by playing in a way suited to what's available and postpone the restyling project to the summer.

Either that or it's a revolt, his lack of celebration and communication at times lends weight to the theory he's going.

Benching in-form Choudhury worries me. He benched in-form Drag and Amartey before. I assumed that was because Simpson and Morgan were unbenchable. But I can't fathom this Choudhury benching. Maybe he wanted another look at Iborra or thought this was one game too many for Choudhury but still, odd.

33 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Regarding the change in dynamism and tempo in the last two games, does anyone think there may have been one of those "behind closed doors discussions" between Puel and the squad, an open two way conversation and from that they've seen each others views and moved closer. Thinking about it, it's hard to believe there wouldn't be considering we were expecting two thrashings on the back of the previous awful results and performances. You would not expect a manager to change his philosophies to pander to players suggestions but in an injury crisis and on an awful run he may have recognised a compromise to get them through the remaining games to the end of the season by playing in a way suited to what's available and postpone the restyling project to the summer.

Either that or it's a revolt, his lack of celebration and communication at times lends weight to the theory he's going.

I wouldn't mind this. It would make me more optimistic about next season with him as long as it doesn't dent his authority, which would be tricky...

I feel his hand was forced on giving Morgan one last season because of what he achieved.

Now the season is over Puel will get working In his own team which includes not playing Morgan and an attacking RB.

He will also get in his mate Hatem Ben arfa..

3 hours ago, the messenger said:

My opinion pal seems your the idiot who will put up with dross football.

Yeah I've been bored shitless by the seven goals we've scored in the past two games.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

A new man won't see most of his squad until late summer, it would delay recruitment as he can't assess them properly. That means we miss out on people we have lined up and end up barrel scraping come the transfer window deadline again. 

Or we'd probably end up trying to get players in without a manager (like we tried with Kante). Signing players that fit the old managers system, rather than the new mans as that's all we've scouted for the last year.

I'm inclined to give him a chance to get it right unless an exceptional candidate becomes available.

Sort of the boat I'm in, even though he's made a right pigs ear of the last few months.