Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Guest Markyblue
28 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yeah like the last two games is his type of football ?

I would have thought people would be basing judgement on the last six months (relegation form against a raft of poor teams at home) as opposed to the last two games where the win was playing against 10 men for 90% of the game. And the other was a loss btw.

Quite the opposite to what you suggest I’m staggered how people have changed their opinion based on such flimsy evidence in two meaningless end of season games, which look like flukes; Ie, our play and tactics were nothing like the previous 30 games. 

??‍♂️

Some people just got to hate.

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

alf_garnett.jpg

Nah, supports Hammers

Even worse in reality he supported spuds 

55 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I understand peoples concerns with sacking yet another manager, but it will be a lot worse if we end up doing it in October or November, when the options are even more limited and the new man won't have a pre-season to implement his ideas.

This argument I don't get really, because on one hand people seem to suggest any half wit could have got us 7th this season despite us being in the bottom three after about a quarter of the season. If that's really the case, I'm not sure what there is to worry about. If we're shit after quarter of a season, then we can just hire someone else and he has loads of time to make us amazing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That said I think if we have the option of bringing back the trio of Pearson Shakey and Walsh we should. Nobody can argue it's a winning formula and produced the best output in terms of player potential in our entire history. 

• Haha 1

When Leicester fi-i-irst, at heaven's command,
Aro-o-o-ose from out the sa-afron lane,
Arose, arose, arose from out the sa-afron lane

This was the charter, the charter of the land,

And guardian a-a-angels sang this strain:
Rule The P u e-el
Leicester rule the waves

Fo-oxes nevernever, never, never shall be slaves.

Rule The Puu-e-el
The Leicester rule the waves.
Foxes never, never, never shall be slaves.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I'm willing to give Puel a bit longer and full pre-season.

i don't believe this nonsense about lack of intensity training. Don't we still have the same fitness and sports science staff? So how is it any different? 

No Ranieri ditched 'em

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No Ranieri ditched 'em

one of his biggest mistakes, imo. 

i bet the players looked at Ranieri differently after he sacked off the sports science and psychologist. IIRC they thought both teams were brilliant and detrimental to good physical and mental fitness during some high-stress times at LCFC.  

i know if I'd used and appreciated those tools and then someone sacked them off because they didn't believe in new-school methods / tech I'd be like 'hey, Ranieri, WTF m8'.

4 hours ago, chapero82 said:

So he does want us to play like that! 

“It is not to always just to play play behind and square, and without reason. It is important to have a good intensity in our game.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-manager-claude-puel-1576860

In fairness, he's been saying this weeks.

18 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

That said I think if we have the option of bringing back the trio of Pearson Shakey and Walsh we should. Nobody can argue it's a winning formula and produced the best output in terms of player potential in our entire history. 

On that basis mickey Adams and Brian little should be brought back !!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I'm willing to give Puel a bit longer and full pre-season.

i don't believe this nonsense about lack of intensity training. Don't we still have the same fitness and sports science staff? So how is it any different? 

Ranieri showed them the door, along with the sports psychologist who he also thought was surplus to requirements. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ok, lets base it on the last 6 months. Our form since his appointment has us sat in 10th place, miles clear of relelgation and just 3 points from a 7th place. With more goals scored than anyone else outside the top 6. Only one goal less than Chelsea and only two less than Man United, whose teams cost about a billion quid.

It's quite clear to everyone we need new defenders and it's quite clear to the manager as well considering we're on the verge of signing a new right back. He's constantly said that we need a higher tempo and that the pace we're playing at isn't what he wants. That doesn't mean categorically that he is incapable of implementing it, it could mean that the players aren't capable of it and he need to bring in a few of his own people to make it work.

Couldnt of Put it better myself...

I See us doing Well under Puel...If!!

If WE can get new Players,get those Problem positions sorted.

I would Like to See a new Club Captain,

1-2  Bosses on the Pitch.

An aggressive,pushy Player

A real quality playmaker.

In Vardy we have some one unique,He seems still to have 2-3 seasons in him,

WE must be clever,and Use that wonderful Asset,...3-4 seasons and the oppo still

cant Control him.but He needs another quality Striker at His Side.

That still might be Nacho hopefully,then if successfull then nuture from within.

I am sorry but ITS time to say goodBye to Okazaki,as 1st or 2nd choice.

There are quite a few  Players Returning from loan,

some are defo Access to requirements.

Thats the Clubs descision.

On all the above,I will Not Throw disdain over title Legends,Nor

the Investments that seemingly  misfired,but I will expect some will

be moved on.

Gray,Choudry,Amartey, and Chilwell,must be given Further chances,but

they must now use this season to define their Potential,and on full revs.

Of the 4 Choudry might have more room.

22 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

i bet the players looked at Ranieri differently after he sacked off the sports science and psychologist. IIRC they thought both teams were brilliant and detrimental to good physical and mental fitness during some high-stress times at LCFC.  

i know if I'd used and appreciated those tools and then someone sacked them off because they didn't believe in new-school methods / tech I'd be like 'hey, Ranieri, WTF m8'.

On all the Points Ranieri,this for me was poor ,dreadfull Management and Lack of forethought,

It was on  this that and  where Ranieri lost my Backing and confidence..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I don't think you meant to use this word.

48 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

We got promoted and avoided relegation by the greatest escape in PL history. If Pearson is there, we don't win the PL in 2015-16, IMO. He's a gifted, but limited, manager.

45 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Instrumental

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

On that basis mickey Adams and Brian little should be brought back !!

Both failed to keep us up and we don't still have loads of staff and players brought to the club by them. Not really comparable.

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Nokia were dominant in selling phones once as well. 

All three have been sacked since then, it would probably be as successful as putting the title winning back four together again. 

54 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Couldnt of Put it better myself...

I See us doing Well under Puel...If!!

If WE can get new Players,get those Problem positions sorted.

I would Like to See a new Club Captain,

1-2  Bosses on the Pitch.

An aggressive,pushy Player

A real quality playmaker.

In Vardy we have some one unique,He seems still to have 2-3 seasons in him,

WE must be clever,and Use that wonderful Asset,...3-4 seasons and the oppo still

cant Control him.but He needs another quality Striker at His Side.

That still might be Nacho hopefully,then if successfull then nuture from within.

I am sorry but ITS time to say goodBye to Okazaki,as 1st or 2nd choice.

There are quite a few  Players Returning from loan,

some are defo Access to requirements.

Thats the Clubs descision.

On all the above,I will Not Throw disdain over title Legends,Nor

the Investments that seemingly  misfired,but I will expect some will

be moved on.

Gray,Choudry,Amartey, and Chilwell,must be given Further chances,but

they must now use this season to define their Potential,and on full revs.

Of the 4 Choudry might have more room.

I love reading your posts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

pardon my facetiousness !

I spose there are plenty who would have MON back in a heartbeat

I suppose there are seeing as he's still an active manager and doing a decent job at international lever.