Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Mr Brightside celebrates 200 weeks in the Top 100

The popularity of this song baffles me, in the manner of an enduring mystery like the Bermuda Triangle or identity of Jack The Ripper, but this proves it's me that's out of step LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/shortcuts/2018/mar/19/the-life-of-mr-brightside-why-the-killers-hit-is-still-in-the-charts#comments

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

If you're in a shit nightclub with a shit DJ, you can guarantee theyre contemplating ending the night on this song. 

didn’t realise clubs and the like were still playing it haha. 

shit family parties/weddings/that vibe it will get a blast from someone who still thinks they’re 18 but they’re 33. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

didn’t realise clubs and the like were still playing it haha. 

shit family parties/weddings/that vibe it will get a blast from someone who still thinks they’re 18 but they’re 33. 

I was in Mosh not long ago and heard it, granted that's my only experience of a night club for about 3 years tbf. Truly is an abomination of a song though

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's a very catchy song.  Bit overplayed though.

A bit?!

Also from John the Hat:

"That fenland is a bit flat."

"Just a little corrupt is Putin."

"I feel we may have slightly overspent on Islam Slimani." 

"A nuclear war would probably be a teeny bit destructive, but let's not go overboard." 

We drove back from my parents last night and the kids asked me to put Radio 1 on the wireless. 

To my great surprise, the hit parade is no longer on at that time of a Sunday evening.

When on earth did that change? :dunno:

Any wedding song shite can get sent to the gulag. Come on Eileen, bin. 500 miles, bin. Wonderwall, bin.

All good songs once but played to death, it's like tinnitus but instead of high pitch ear ringing it's normal music 

• Like 1

On 19/03/2018 at 17:21, Izzy Muzzett said:

We drove back from my parents last night and the kids asked me to put Radio 1 on the wireless. 

To my great surprise, the hit parade is no longer on at that time of a Sunday evening.

When on earth did that change? :dunno:

Years ago. About a couple of decades after it was called the hit parade.

Oh, and your wireless... it's got wires, not valves, so would probably be more accurately called a tranny.

Though we can't say that word any more either.

It was a good song. I bought Hot Fuss.

However, don't think it's aged well. It's very much of it's time, you know it was recorded in the 00s. Great music sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday.

Like that song by The Beatles.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

55 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Years ago. About a couple of decades after it was called the hit parade.

Oh, and your wireless... it's got wires, not valves, so would probably be more accurately called a tranny.

Though we can't say that word any more either.

lol

Honestly, I couldn't believe the Top 40 wasn't on a Sunday night any more. Must have missed that memo :blink:

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol

Honestly, I couldn't believe the Top 40 wasn't on a Sunday night any more. Must have missed that memo :blink:

Do the youngsters still record it on a tape cassette now?