Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Linked Players

So in the justified absence of the transfer talk section, I’d thought I’d create a space to throw players linked (loosely) or otherwise by media sources to Leicester City in the build up to the window. 

As a starter for ten the Mirror report today that along with Villa and Bournemouth we are are monitoring Charlie Austin should Saints be relegated...

Bournemouth, Leicester and Championship side Aston Villa are monitoring Southampton striker Charlie Austin, 28, should the Saints be relegated this season. (Mirror)

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Good thread, but I reserve the right to laugh at tabloid-speak! :)

No problem. I just thought we needed a thread to put all the Ukrainian goalkeepers, ball playing right backs and number 10’s we are undoubtedly going to be linked with before the window opens!

And Austin can play at number 10 - not bad on the ball and when not injured can run a bit...

Just sayin.

Austin: good player, terrible injury record. I'm not sure he'd have a significant impact during a season. I wouldn't bother.

We're being linked with a few of Puel's old charges, namely Austin from his time at Southampton, and Ben Arfa (now PSG), Dalbert (left-back now at Inter), and Ricardo Pereira (right-back now at Porto) from his time at Nice. Is there really anything to these rumours or is it just lazy journalism to link a manager with his former players?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Unless we're going to overhaul our style of football, there's really no point signing target men. 

This place goes nuts for a big striker and the mythical plan b but we always just play Vardy and then act shocked when Ulloa or Slimani or whoever doesn't score when we don't give them service. 

We seemed to get in the habit of bringing a big man on and taking Albrighton off lol never understood that at all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We seemed to get in the habit of bringing a big man on and taking Albrighton off lol never understood that at all

What would be the point in having a big man on and a player that can cross? lol lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

No way are we signing Charlie Austin. Good player and I like what he's about, but not a player for a side who are looking to break the top 6/7.

Burnley are in the top 7 with Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes up front. lol

We aren't breaking the top 6 unless it's a one off season, the others just spend too much money for us to compete regularly.

• Like 2

We need a young striker imo, I like the look of Jack Marriott at Peterborough, like Vardy in the early part of his career very raw player, but he has the right attributes and is a goalscorer, I think he can make the step up from League 1 to the Premier League, wouldn't cost that much either and wouldn't be a gamble imo.

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We need a young striker imo, I like the look of Jack Marriott at Peterborough, like Vardy in the early part of his career very raw player, but he has the right attributes and is a goalscorer, I think he can make the step up from League 1 to the Premier League, wouldn't cost that much either and wouldn't be a gamble imo.

Iheanacho not young enough for you?

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Another one in addition to Iheanacho.

The romantic in me would like to see the likes of Eppiah given a go from the U23s. Puel likes to give a kid a chance as well. Maybe he will if there's nothing to play for at Wemb-er-ley on the last day.