Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

i was told that it wouldnt be possible for an expansion more than around 48K, although the club wanted to go "as big as possible" we dont have to room or the foundations for anything more (apparently) - i work for city council so hear things but i wouldn't take them as gospel. 

1 minute ago, Carter90 said:

i was told that it wouldnt be possible for an expansion more than around 48K, although the club wanted to go "as big as possible" we dont have to room or the foundations for anything more (apparently) - i work for city council so hear things but i wouldn't take them as gospel. 

I think that might be based on the original design of the stadium where the East Stand foundations were strengthened to allow for expansion but I don't see that as a limit as they can I'm sure, at a cost alter it in any way the want subject to space and Council approval.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If he couldn't shift his spare, why would the club be able to sell another 10k+? 

I'm a wannabee season ticket holder since we got promoted. Currently I'm a member who goes to every home match and pay £50 for my ticket each match.

If I had the option I'd buy three season tickets, one for myself and two more for family members who only go to cup matches. I may have a change of heart but at the moment I'm not planning on going to the West Ham match and pay £50 for a meaningless match that is a glorified friendly.

So that's another minus one off the attendance but with an expansion I'd have three season tickets and three more people would turn up for this match. If we had a 40,000 stadium and decided to limit the season tickets to 32,000 instead of the current 23,000 I think we'd sell them all as people would jump at the chance to get one to sit with family and friends.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

I like this idea in theory but I can only see it being implemented via a typical ugly modern extension. If they just added a simple, rectangular tier onto one of the stands with a seperate roof it would be a huge improvement, but no doubt they'll try keep the one roof and blend the stand in with the rest of it. They should be taking inspiration from the likes of Anfield and Elland Road, not The Emirates or Brighton.

The drop in attendances is also concerning and that needs to be addressed. Until we have cheaper ticket prices and a higher level of entertainement on the pitch then we will just continue to see empty seats.

Of course, if safe standing was brought in they'd have to do less to the actual structure of the ground and attendances would rise overnight, but they're not interested in that.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

I like this idea in theory but I can only see it being implemented via a typical ugly modern extension. If they just added a simple, rectangular tier onto one of the stands with a seperate roof it would be a huge improvement, but no doubt they'll try keep the one roof and blend the stand in with the rest of it. They should be taking inspiration from the likes of Anfield and Elland Road, not The Emirates or Brighton.

The drop in attendances is also concerning and that needs to be addressed. Until we have cheaper ticket prices and a higher level of entertainement on the pitch then we will just continue to see empty seats.

Of course, if safe standing was brought in they'd have to do less to the actual structure of the ground and attendances would rise overnight, but they're not interested in that.

Does safe standing actually increase capacity ?  I assumed you just stood in front of your seat? 

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Does safe standing actually increase capacity ?  I assumed you just stood in front of your seat? 

Every 1 seat makes 1.5 standing spaces so yes it would increase capacity.

People concerned about the atmosphere in a half empty stadium, its not the best when it's full lol Cardiff have a pretty big ground (which they barely even half fill) and they're doing okay. If the ground holds 40k, for example, it won't always be full but for the big games it will. Just the way it is. 

Prices have to come down if we expand. Gate receipts are a small percentage of annual revenue and we want the majority of locals to be able to attend a decent Leicester City fixture. £40 for a ticket is just too much, but the counter argument to high pricing is that we fill the stadium for the bigger games.

The other thing they will have to do is look closely at transport links. There should be a few park and ride shuttles or similar that take fans in buses from the stadium to key parts of the city and county. eg Fosse Park, Train Station, both bus stations, Hinckley, Loughborough etc

• Like 2

Not sure why people are so certain it won't fill. Spuds building a 66k ground have just averaged 68k at wembley. That's a 30k increase on last season. Sure we can find at least 12k more.

Yes I hated writing every word of that.

Edited by sylofox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm more interested in the 'improve facilities and invest in surrounding site'.

Me too. I watched the brief video by Meis architects the other day and noticed what seemed to be a whole stadium cover and tree lined routes. If they could include a ‘champions square ‘ or something I’d be happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Me too. I watched the brief video by Meis architects the other day and noticed what seemed to be a whole stadium cover and tree lined routes. If they could include a ‘champions square ‘ or something I’d be happy.

Where did you see the video mate?

• Like 1