Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You do understand that not every game is an end of season dead rubber against West Ham don't you?

Once again, this is not just about filling the ground to the brim instantly. It's about providing more tickets to support demand in the short term, there is demand that can't be met most weeks. I know lots of people that gave up looking for tickets a long time ago and don't even attempt it, there have to be 1000's who would like to come down a bit more casually, or people who want to come as groups and not be scattered in single seats around the ground.

It's also about giving the club the room to grow into, we didn't need 32000 when we were at Filbo, but we built it and now we fill it. It can take decades to build loyal support, but without the extra seas it won't happen.

Don't forget you have say six big games a season, plus first and last games which are usually popular, plus Christmas games. Where demand could often fill an expansion. 

No mate, I thought every game was a glorified friendly thank you for pointing out that’s not the case.

I think that last paragraph says it all to me.  As a season ticket holder I don’t want to sit in a ground that’s only full for 1/2 of the season.

I understand the room to grow point but I feel like the trajectory of the team at present means it won’t be full week in week out.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

At that kind of money you would surely just start from scratch. You wouldn't spend £500,000 putting an extension on your two bed terrace in St Matthews.

Maybe but there isn’t a lot of brownfield left in the near city centre , and they paid a record amount for Musa so they aren’t that minded about finances ??

11 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I suspect your right but spurs final total just went through the Billion pounds mark 

I think it’s quite likely that figure includes the new retail / Hotel / leisure complex as well 

£120m for stands and £130+ for the whole retail/leisure stuff 

London prices with buying additional land etc., in that total.

From what I've heard, the owners have already gobbled up all the land around the stadium now and it is the planning and building over the next 3 to 4 years of the expansion and additional facilities we have to wait for, so the costs are spread out somewhat.

Just have to wait and see and hope things do not interfere with the best laid plans I guess.

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

Cardiff expanding theirs was £12m, factor in another stand and a better build and you'd still probably spend nothing over £40/£50m max for the stands.

Liverpool spent £120m that’s the sort of corporate angle the club would want surly , it’s hospitality seats they want that’s where the real dingo dollars lie 

but of course it could be done on the cheap I guess 

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

No mate, I thought every game was a glorified friendly thank you for pointing out that’s not the case.

I think that last paragraph says it all to me.  As a season ticket holder I don’t want to sit in a ground that’s only full for 1/2 of the season.

I understand the room to grow point but I feel like the trajectory of the team at present means it won’t be full week in week out.

You must have hated it in league one or the championship then. As we were smashing our way to promotion who the **** was looking at a few thousand empty seasons and thinking it actually mattered.

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

There is always a reason not to expand.

With our catchment area and dominance in Midlands football there is no reason why we couldn't be as big as a club like Newcastle. If we settle for being an average sized PL club then sooner or later we'll be relegated and normal service will be resumed. Maybe Forest or Derby will be promoted by then and they can be the ones to attempt to break out of mediocrity by thinking bigger.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You must have hated it in league one or the championship then. As we were smashing our way to promotion who the **** was looking at a few thousand empty seasons and thinking it actually mattered.

You must have hated it when we had a decent atmosphere with a sold out ground.

Look at Sunderland now, 40k seater or whatever it is and after a few years in the premier league attendances dropped. My original point was that we are starting to see that a little bit now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

There is always a reason not to expand.

With our catchment area and dominance in Midlands football there is no reason why we couldn't be as big as a club like Newcastle. If we settle for being an average sized PL club then sooner or later we'll be relegated and normal service will be resumed. Maybe Forest or Derby will be promoted by then and they can be the ones to attempt to break out of mediocrity by thinking bigger.

I understand that but you must admit demand has already sloped off a little, that’s my point.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Look at Sunderland now, 40k seater or whatever it is and after a few years in the premier league attendances dropped. My original point was that we are starting to see that a little bit now.

I'd say it is more down to the poor quality of football we are playing at present, honestly, at times it is like watching paint dry:thumbdown: and if this was to continue, the atmosphere and crowd size would diminish but if you have the capacity, peeps would not be excluded during our good times.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don't disagree with that but attendances have sort of dropped off around the same time as our drop in form - which also happened to coincide with our season more or less ending back in March after being knocked out of the cup. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don't disagree with that but attendances have sort of dropped off around the same time as our drop in form - which also happened to coincide with our season more or less ending back in March after being knocked out of the cup. 

And does history tell you that that’s the norm for us? I would love to see us establish ourselves as a regular top 6 team as much as the rest of us but that’s unlikely.

36 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I suspect your right but spurs final total just went through the Billion pounds mark 

I think it’s quite likely that figure includes the new retail / Hotel / leisure complex as well 

£120m for stands and £130+ for the whole retail/leisure stuff 

Just read up about that a little bit. Spurs are ****ed. They're spending a billion on the stadium and having to take out loans everywhere. Even worse for them this has coincided with Walker going for £50m, trebling his salary and winning the same amount of trophies as Spurs have in Harry Kane's lifetime - meaning that their squad is now pretty envious and wanting more money than tight arsed Levy will offer. They're gonna have to sell Kane very, very soon to pay for the stadium. 

Oh I do hope this results in their relegation. Please let this happen.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just read up about that a little bit. Spurs are ****ed. They're spending a billion on the stadium and having to take out loans everywhere. Even worse for them this has coincided with Walker going for £50m, trebling his salary and winning the same amount of trophies as Spurs have in Harry Kane's lifetime - meaning that their squad is now pretty envious and wanting more money than tight arsed Levy will offer. They're gonna have to sell Kane very, very soon to pay for the stadium. 

Oh I do hope this results in their relegation. Please let this happen.

??

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

And does history tell you that that’s the norm for us? I would love to see us establish ourselves as a regular top 6 team as much as the rest of us but that’s unlikely.

Well we have had one of the most insane decades of practically anyone in football - we've chased a title 3 times, the play-offs twice, and had the most ridiculous survival in Premier League history. The last two seasons have been a bit of a malaise after being knocked out of 2 quarter finals at home. Your aspiration for us to be a regular top 6 club is shared by all of us but we need to be patient and have trust in the Thais to make that happen both on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Depends on the owners, if they keep chuck money at it!

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

The atmosphere has nothing to do with the ground being sold out or not. 

You are comparing us with a club that has slipped down two divisions. Even in their last prem season they were getting 43,000, after years and years of mismanagement.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

For the love of god explain to me why 36000 in a 42000 stadium is worst than 31000 in a 32000 stadium. 

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sorry Costock but that really comes over as I'm alright jack fvck you attitude.

I cant get tickets and have given up trying as my mate has. With work and travel time we don't always know till last minute. Most times it's sold out or we can only get tickets miles apart.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The atmosphere has nothing to do with the ground being sold out or not. 

You are comparing us with a club that has slipped down two divisions. Even in their last prem season they were getting 43,000, after years and years of mismanagement.

43k lol lol What was it after 60 mins?  lol lol  joking aside your right.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sorry Costock but that really comes over as I'm alright jack fvck you attitude.

I cant get tickets and have given up trying as my mate has. With work and travel time we don't always know till last minute. Most times it's sold out or we can only get tickets miles apart.

43k lol lol What was it after 60 mins?  lol lol  joking aside your right.

It’s not how it was meant to come across but on many occasions I have forgotten to buy away or cup tickets yet had managed to go whether that is sitting with who I want to go with or not.