Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The atmosphere has nothing to do with the ground being sold out or not. 

You are comparing us with a club that has slipped down two divisions. Even in their last prem season they were getting 43,000, after years and years of mismanagement.

Nope, I’m comparing us with the premier league Sunderland. Ive been there twice and no way was it 43k and full.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Might not be very ‘imaginative’, but it looks 100 times better than what we’ve got now. I love the last picture, the East Stand looks very imposing and crucially, unique.

Not sure why people want some complicated, modern looking design, they all look corporate and awful.

Simple is the best way to go.

Thanks. I posted the exact same pictures ages ago, and as far as I can remember, the response was entirely positive. This time, very different for some reason. I'd be interested to know why the people who don't like them don't like them. With the last picture, I do think the roof looks a bit scabby. I was going to make it white as it should be, but then you wouldn't see it against the sky. I could have made the sky blue, but that was more work. Didn't want to spend much time on it.

I agree - I'm not really a fan of modern-looking stadiums with curved roofs. I'm not really sure why, but it could be because they look so final. With stadiums like St. James' Park, I get the idea that one day, all the stands will be as big as the bigger two. It says to me that the club has ambitions to become bigger. A stadium like Brighton's says to me that they're happy as they are, and lack ambition. I'm sure it's unintended and only subconscious, but that's the message I get.

I love the way St. James' Park looks. If all the stands were as big as the smaller two, it would still be a good size stadium, but then you've got those two giant stands that tower over the surroundings. The smaller stands already look pretty big, and so they emphasise just how colossal the other two are.

Agreed - I like simple looking stadiums, as well. I like functionality before form. The idea that a stadium is easy to expand appeals to me more than fancy curves just for the sake of it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2018 at 14:37, Raw Dykes said:

Thanks. I posted the exact same pictures ages ago, and as far as I can remember, the response was entirely positive. This time, very different for some reason. I'd be interested to know why the people who don't like them don't like them. With the last picture, I do think the roof looks a bit scabby. I was going to make it white as it should be, but then you wouldn't see it against the sky. I could have made the sky blue, but that was more work. Didn't want to spend much time on it.

I agree - I'm not really a fan of modern-looking stadiums with curved roofs. I'm not really sure why, but it could be because they look so final. With stadiums like St. James' Park, I get the idea that one day, all the stands will be as big as the bigger two. It says to me that the club has ambitions to become bigger. A stadium like Brighton's says to me that they're happy as they are, and lack ambition. I'm sure it's unintended and only subconscious, but that's the message I get.

I love the way St. James' Park looks. If all the stands were as big as the smaller two, it would still be a good size stadium, but then you've got those two giant stands that tower over the surroundings. The smaller stands already look pretty big, and so they emphasise just how colossal the other two are.

Agreed - I like simple looking stadiums, as well. I like functionality before form. The idea that a stadium is easy to expand appeals to me more than fancy curves just for the sake of it.

Any news on our stadium capacity increase yet?

On 05/05/2018 at 11:27, Costock_Fox said:

I understand that but you must admit demand has already sloped off a little, that’s my point.

Demand has sloped Off,Not because of Performances..but because of

Stupid membership ruling,No guarrantee of tickets.People Not trying to get Tickets,because

2-4 yrs of 'no-chance-motivation'

We stay middle of the Table,our catchment area is wide.A.Villa would be the competition,If they

Get Promoted..The Casual Gameday Potential should Not be Discounted,ITS Not a few 100,

but a few thousand.

I live abroad, disabled but would Chase 5-8 Games a season,If the local-casual -trade was brought Back

Into contention. City in PL,or top Position Championship,would See 38k-42k comfortabley

in 80% of League Games,a positive Cup Run, Like Always depends on the weather and tv-coverage.

Then one can extended Corporate boxes, plus lower priced Family Event boxes.

It would be really good to Know, and Not Just be Güssing,how many more would Go to the Matches

Or Up the real Average  If more ST, Gameday/ casual, Promotion Tickets were available..

2k , 5k , 8k , 10k , 12k+....plus rethink immoral Ticket membership needs/values

• Like 1