Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

5 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It’s all gone quiet :frantics:

The design is underway with Arcadis doing the expansion (same company that is in charge of the Spurs stadium)

However, unfortunately I'm not sure when the plan to begin construction is but the process is 100% underway

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

No demand hasn't sloped off because of the membership ruling. People are happy to pay the fee to TRY to buy a ticket.

The demand has sloped off because people can't get tickets in pairs, or threes or fours, when we expand we will fill that ground believe me.

I am Not disgreeing, but many seemed have pulled Off because of Prepaid membership,No Ticket guarrantee

Asking in my Family..Mixed Brunch, season Ticket holders,and would be Casual Gameday,who say they and

Aquaintences,Work colleages have pulled their membership, over the Last 2-3 yrs.

Obviously IT aint the world...but gives one, one Side of the Story...

In my early years I played football but could pay at the gate for the odd game. Then had a membership, then season tickets and when my son arrived memberships again as I was quite happy picking up single tickets just for me.

This was the first season in 25 years I've declined to renew. £80 for a lucky dip, nah.

• Like 1

Hopefully they can knock up a statue for Claudio when they are revamping the place.

A marble statue with him holding the cup on a base that holds a plaque with the squad names and a portrait of the player next to each name.

We have to have a statue at sometime, still surprised we never had one of Banks since he won the World Cup whilst at Leicester.

On 29/05/2018 at 22:49, Heathrow fox said:

Agreed,it’s a no brainier to expand.We had this problem at Filbert Street when it was very difficult to get a ticket,eventually you give up and get out the groove of going and find something else to do.People used to say 32000 is way to big for us and that was our own fans.

Every ticket sold over our current capacity would justify expanding the stadium.If we get relegated and crowds dip simply corden a tier off.How high would the average gate have been in 15/16 if the ground would’ve been bigger?At the minute we are turning current and future fans away let alone buisness.

Absolutely spot on post. :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This was discussed at the FCC the other night. Still a while off apparently. 

2years at least. Planning permission alone could take 12 months. Probably be open or 20/21 season if we are lucky.

I'm hoping on this. I you'st to be a regular at Filbert Street Saturday afternoons, jump on the bus land in town few beers in the brickayers then go watch the game. Walkers, King Power has never been the same, too many years now of a struggle to get a game. Build the ****er and build it big, we and our children will fill it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did they give any clues about what's going on ?? Or was it a very short discussion :dunno:

22 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don’t know why they even released a statement. Seems like it was just an attempt to be seen as exciting times, despite a poor season.

They’ve been looking at expanding for years, so they fact they are looking now is not statement-worthy news.