Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not sure pal just going off notes made by one of the UFS lads, I'll see if anything else was mentioned. 

Have they even got any form of plan sorted yet. At least we've had an artists impression of the training ground.

Suggests we are a long way off anything ATM. Seems to me they have just let us know it's not a forgotten promise. But they are just starting to work on the plan.

Anyway is everyone ready for a season at Wembley? lol lol it will be the recock won't it lol lol 

18 hours ago, Oadby Fox said:

I'm hoping on this. I you'st to be a regular at Filbert Street Saturday afternoons, jump on the bus land in town few beers in the brickayers then go watch the game. Walkers, King Power has never been the same, too many years now of a struggle to get a game. Build the ****er and build it big, we and our children will fill it.

The stadium or the Bricklayers??

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

I don’t know why they even released a statement. Seems like it was just an attempt to be seen as exciting times, despite a poor season.

They’ve been looking at expanding for years, so they fact they are looking now is not statement-worthy news.

Loving the way 9th in the premier league is a poor season.

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

Have you enjoyed it? 

I ****ing ain’t 

I've enjoyed a great deal of it for sure. Including our final league position.

We need expansion ASAP so we can fit more people who are going to whine about us finishing in the top half of the table.

Edited by Papasmurf
  • Haha 4

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, mod hero said:

Have you enjoyed it? 

I ****ing ain’t 

Enjoyed it more than years of dross in the championship 

4 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Boo that is shite

this needs to be addressed as a priority in my eyes

You can't do anything to speed it up unless your going to pay a huge wedge to a lot of people.

Even then companies are not sat waiting for LCFC to expand they do have other work.

Liverpool announced detailed plans for expanding the Main Stand at Anfield in April 2014 - but it wasn't opened until September 2016. 

So that's 28 months between announcement and reality - including consultation, obtaining planning permission and obviously construction. 

I know that was probably a bigger project than anything we're envisaging (and their expansion was also complicated because it was wrapped up as part of a city council regeneration scheme)...but still, it shows how long this stuff can take. 

Chill out, these things take time. 

An architect will no doubt be coming up with two or three potential options and high-level costings as we speak. 

The cheapest option will inevitably be only extending one side. A bigger stand will need bigger steels and ergo fatter foundations and/or piles - that's before you start designing upwards. It's no small job.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Liverpool announced detailed plans for expanding the Main Stand at Anfield in April 2014 - but it wasn't opened until September 2016. 

So that's 28 months between announcement and reality - including consultation, obtaining planning permission and obviously construction. 

I know that was probably a bigger project than anything we're envisaging (and their expansion was also complicated because it was wrapped up as part of a city council regeneration scheme)...but still, it shows how long this stuff can take. 

That's true, but Liverpool first announced the plan to rebuild the Main Stand in 2012. It took two years from then to get to the "detailed" announcement in 2014

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

That's true, but Liverpool first announced the plan to rebuild the Main Stand in 2012. It took two years from then to get to the "detailed" announcement in 2014

I was going to make this point myself - but yes, that's another thing to consider.

The thing I would (maybe should) have added is that, as things stand, we haven't really even announced a plan - just the intention to expand. 

40 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I was going to make this point myself - but yes, that's another thing to consider.

The thing I would (maybe should) have added is that, as things stand, we haven't really even announced a plan - just the intention to expand. 

...but wasn't that first announcement made on Vickie Park, May 2016 ??

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Now we're spending £80m on the new training ground I'd imagine stadium expansion will be put on the back burner until the training ground is completed and paid for.

It won't be done a for a few years anyway regardless of the training ground.

On 06/06/2018 at 17:02, Spudulike said:

...but wasn't that first announcement made on Vickie Park, May 2016 ??

I don't think "We're going to need a bigger stadium" when the owners saw half a million people in the park was exactly an announcement that we're going to proceed with this lol

There's a lot to do before they get to the point of submitting a full planning application and releasing any images to the public. If they have literally only just started working with an architect it'll be a long time before we see anything.

There will be a lot of stakeholders who need to be consulted and they will no doubt be assessing the feasibility of different options with early involvement from the council so that what is submitted to planning can be done so with a good degree of certainty that it will be approved. Professional fees on any expansion and all of the infrastructure to support it will be into the millions so they won't be taking the risk of it getting rejected.

9 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

There's a lot to do before they get to the point of submitting a full planning application and releasing any images to the public. If they have literally only just started working with an architect it'll be a long time before we see anything.

There will be a lot of stakeholders who need to be consulted and they will no doubt be assessing the feasibility of different options with early involvement from the council so that what is submitted to planning can be done so with a good degree of certainty that it will be approved. Professional fees on any expansion and all of the infrastructure to support it will be into the millions so they won't be taking the risk of it getting rejected.

So are you saying it wont be finished by August then?  lol lol 

• Like 1

Will take a season to get sorted! Do we get to use Wembley for home stadium while it's being done at least we would fill it week in week out unlike spurs! Haha on a serious note anything been said about what the total capacity will end up being?