Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

20 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

It’s a red herring I reckon.

How much are we spending on the training ground?

Then we spend a fraction of that on a stand?

New stadium within 5 years, 50,000 seater, best in the Midlands. Best of everything, best, best, best.

These boys aren’t any 10,000 seater add on types, especially after spending on a training ground to make it one of the best in the UK.

They will be looking at Spurs and thinking “we are going to add a 10,000 seater stand”

Not a chance.

They will be keeping their powder dry, seeing how the next couple of years go and if they can pocket £200m over that time, then you will see something unreal. One of the best grounds, with the best hotel, fans village, retail store, the absolute lot.

This is a different era, just look at what they have done, the risks they have taken and the image they want to portray. 

Provided we maintain our status and progress, you will see them take us to the next level in every aspect of ground development.

MK Dons have a better set up than us in league 2. Our owners want us to be up there with the elite, 10,000 seat stand won’t fit comfortably with them, the thought will irritate them.

Its like them deciding to buy a second hand helicopter. It just won’t happen. It’s about progress and image with them. 

Top 6, Cup win and best stadium and training ground in the midlands will be on their agenda. They are billionaires, they think differently to you and I. 

They won’t say anything just incase we get relegated and it goes pear shaped. But if we don’t, there is no chance these boys will just tootle along with the same old stuff.

It will be irritating them like hell that other clubs have better facilities than us, and I am pretty sure that they will have plans to put it right and I am certain they will.

The good thing as well is that Top is young, so it makes it even more of a chance that we will be in a good situation for many a year.

Just pray it doesn’t go wrong on the pitch, and if it doesn’t, you watch the progress. 

This is why I've said I see a nearly complete rebuild of the East Stand giving us a new visible frontage with Exec boxes, luxury stand seating, restaurants and conferencing facilities all money making add-ons. Increasing the seating will be in it but wont be top of their priority list. That will probably come with any expansion of the Kop.

I suspect their view on safe standing where they seem to be struggling to take it on maybe influenced by them seeing it as not  'classy' enough. 'Big' clubs are all about sanitising and gentrifying football attendances. Obviously they can't exclude us plebs completely but they can have totally gentrified stand.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid about the way things are going.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

This is why I've said I see a nearly complete rebuild of the East Stand giving us a new visible frontage with Exec boxes, luxury stand seating, restaurants and conferencing facilities all money making add-ons. Increasing the seating will be in it but wont be top of their priority list. That will probably come with any expansion of the Kop.

I suspect their view on safe standing where they seem to be struggling to take it on maybe influenced by them seeing it as not  'classy' enough. 'Big' clubs are all about sanitising and gentrifying football attendances. Obviously they can't exclude us plebs completely but they can have totally gentrified stand.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid about the way things are going.

They are all for a good atmosphere. I think they will be fine for safe standing, it would be a positive move for them if that was the way things were to go.

Think they would be more concerned with the bigger picture, retail space, hotel possibly, and conference facilities etc.

Let’s see, the longer the lack of information about the expansion, the more likely they are looking at something more fitting with what the owners are about.

17 hours ago, lcfcbobby said:

Will take a season to get sorted! Do we get to use Wembley for home stadium while it's being done at least we would fill it week in week out unlike spurs! Haha on a serious note anything been said about what the total capacity will end up being?

We got used to Wembley in 90s

just seemed normal going there every year. 

great years ??

7 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

New stadium within 5 years, 50,000 seater, best in the Midlands. Best of everything, best, best, best.

These boys aren’t any 10,000 seater add on types, especially after spending on a training ground to make it one of the best in the UK.

Wonder if you might be right.

http://www.meisarchitects.com/stadia

Wasn’t this the firm that did the preliminary study?  They’ve done expansions, but also “statement” stadium projects.

They just designed an eye-catcher for the new Cincinnati club at the other end of Ohio.

8 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

They will be looking at Spurs and thinking “we are going to add a 10,000 seater stand”

Not a chance.

They will be keeping their powder dry, seeing how the next couple of years go and if they can pocket £200m over that time, then you will see something unreal. One of the best grounds, with the best hotel, fans village, retail store, the absolute lot.

This is a different era, just look at what they have done, the risks they have taken and the image they want to portray. 

Provided we maintain our status and progress, you will see them take us to the next level in every aspect of ground development.

MK Dons have a better set up than us in league 2. Our owners want us to be up there with the elite, 10,000 seat stand won’t fit comfortably with them, the thought will irritate them.

Its like them deciding to buy a second hand helicopter. It just won’t happen. It’s about progress and image with them. 

Top 6, Cup win and best stadium and training ground in the midlands will be on their agenda. They are billionaires, they think differently to you and I. 

They won’t say anything just incase we get relegated and it goes pear shaped. But if we don’t, there is no chance these boys will just tootle along with the same old stuff.

It will be irritating them like hell that other clubs have better facilities than us, and I am pretty sure that they will have plans to put it right and I am certain they will.

The good thing as well is that Top is young, so it makes it even more of a chance that we will be in a good situation for many a year.

Just pray it doesn’t go wrong on the pitch, and if it doesn’t, you watch the progress. 

I suspect that you are right, and if given the option I think that they'd happily bulldoze the current stadium and start again as I doubt that they view the stadium as being representative of themselves or their brand. Unfortunately I think for the style of stadium that the owners would be proud of it wouldn't be possible on the current site for numerous reasons such as the size of the plot, transport infrastructure, etc. 

I recall someone mentioning on here that a rebuild could be a possibility near the Hobby Horse Island. I wonder if that may be under consideration given the location of the new training ground. Complete speculation of course, however I'm just not sure that redeveloping the KP would necessarily work for the owners. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I suspect that you are right, and if given the option I think that they'd happily bulldoze the current stadium and start again as I doubt that they view the stadium as being representative of themselves or their brand. Unfortunately I think for the style of stadium that the owners would be proud of it wouldn't be possible on the current site for numerous reasons such as the size of the plot, transport infrastructure, etc. 

I recall someone mentioning on here that a rebuild could be a possibility near the Hobby Horse Island. I wonder if that may be under consideration given the location of the new training ground. Complete speculation of course, however I'm just not sure that redeveloping the KP would necessarily work for the owners. 

That would be horrendous and would do nothing to promote a good atmosphere alienating 1000s of fans from East and West Leicester(shire).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

That would be horrendous and would do nothing to promote a good atmosphere alienating 1000s of fans from East and West Leicester(shire).

I don't really know how I'd feel about it. For me personally it'd make it easier to get to and I imagine that given the land availability the owners would be able to build a truly top class stadium, however on the other hand the current location is all we as fans have ever known so it'd feel odd especially given the history which is now associated with the KP. 

Having said that I can definitely see a move closer to the training ground being very appealing to the owners. When you consider that a training set up something to Man City's training complex is probably the aspirational goal for the club with the close proximity/private road that links the two sites, it wouldn't surprise me if our owner's had similar plans in mind. 

1 minute ago, ian_marshall said:

I don't really know how I'd feel about it. For me personally it'd make it easier to get to and I imagine that given the land availability the owners would be able to build a truly top class stadium, however on the other hand the current location is all we as fans have ever known so it'd feel odd especially given the history which is now associated with the KP. 

Having said that I can definitely see a move closer to the training ground being very appealing to the owners. When you consider that a training set up something to Man City's training complex is probably the aspirational goal for the club with the close proximity/private road that links the two sites, it wouldn't surprise me if our owner's had similar plans in mind. 

The A46 would be like a log jam. The beauty of the current stadium is its central location even suitable for train travellers with the longer term option of opening the National Forest line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

That's the first I've heard of a move to Syston for the ground, but look at Athletico Madrid, they've relocated to the opposite end of the city right next to the airport.

If this was on, I'd be able to stumble to and from the ground so it gets my vote! :beer: The Railway would be rammed.

Not likely in a million years though.

Edited by promised land

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Wouldn't sell many pies with Wanlip sewage works next door.:nigel:

be handy for me though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Is the Saffron Lane sports stadium still abandoned/disused?

If I remember correctly, it was quite a big ground area with plenty of parking.

The Athletics part is still in use as is the car park but the pitches have made way for housing and I think the gym was demolished?

I like the sound of a new stadium complex, and naturally, for me, the nearer it can be built to Norwich the better. Surely the cost of a new stadium versus expansion would make it an unrealistic proposition given that we can expand to a level that would likely be enough to see us through the next 10 years.

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

I like the sound of a new stadium complex, and naturally, for me, the nearer it can be built to Norwich the better. Surely the cost of a new stadium versus expansion would make it an unrealistic proposition given that we can expand to a level that would likely be enough to see us through the next 10 years.

I think a new ground at the end of the Acle straight would be good.  lol lol 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Not a chance.

What a post.

hope you’re right ??

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very easy to say that but what have they actually done to help it develop? And don't make me laugh by saying clappers.

Not sure why the clappers is a funny suggestion? I get there's some weird snobbery around people who want a good atmosphere but complain about if it's not done in a cool way (i.e. one that's focused at 18-30 year old lads), but it did help get people who normally wouldn't make some noise...

• Like 2