Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

I just can't see these guys doing a cheap expansion they don't do them. They'll want to make the stadium and it's approach impressive.

So it wont be just about more seats.

Hopefully they'll expand the East Stand and incorporate a new entrance and vastly mproved facilities with a doubling at least of the concourse. 

Doubtless will include executive boxes.

No doubt its those of us who got shafted in the CL who get shafted by this. Losing our seats, split from family and friends and made to pay the same for inferior 'same tier' seats, while this is being done.

Nevertheless, exciting times and great ambition being shown. Yet again the owners backing words up with action.

Edited by stevelcfc
  • Like 1

Think we probably only need 3-4k but imagine it'll be a new tier along a whole side which will be more like 8k. 

Sounds a long way off though, needs an initial design to get to planning, I can't imagine it being completed before the start of the 2021/22 season, by which point we'll probably either be relegated or bored of premier league mediocrity.

Edited by Rogstanley

Hope we're allowed our own flags. I'd like to sit on the first row of a top tier and have my flag draped down like you see at all clubs with two tiers.

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Sounds a long way off though, needs an initial design to get to planning ...   which I can’t imagine happening with those Tory b@stards in power ...  

Great point comrade ! ...  :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hope we're allowed our own flags. I'd like to sit on the first row of a top tier and have my flag draped down like you see at all clubs with two tiers.

I'd imagine a top tier on the east stand would, in winter, be possibly the coldest place in leicester to sit.

• Like 1

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I'd imagine a top tier on the east stand would, in winter, be possibly the coldest place in leicester to sit.

Tbh man I was absolutely freezing during the Chelsea game in the FA Cup.

48 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

so the regulars will have any chances of building an atmosphere ruined again to cater for the fans who want to come once a year to watch us if we play a good team or if we’re any good? seems legit. 

Won't matter as long as those wanting to create the noise are banded together consistently, then the others can be in other areas of the ground. 

Worrying about empty seats is (another) very English oddity. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Tbh man I was absolutely freezing during the Chelsea game in the FA Cup.

So was i, but imagine sitting on top of the east stand, with no protection from an opposite stand with a gale blowing at you from over the canal. Still, not one to complain.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Part of me thinks this could be a mistake - already some games aren't selling out now.

Certainly can't knock the ambition though. 

If it means more season tickets are available, I can guarantee 4 extra seats will be taken up for the foreseeable.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Think we probably only need 3-4k but imagine it'll be a new tier along a whole side which will be more like 8k. 

Sounds a long way off though, needs an initial design to get to planning, I can't imagine it being completed before the start of the 2021/22 season, by which point we'll probably either be relegated or bored of premier league mediocrity.

I'd imagine the plans are a lot further on than they're suggesting, they've been looking at it for long while now. We know they've consulted with stadium designers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Expect Leicester City Council to make this as difficult as possible.

Sir Pete is one of our own, isn't he :dunno:

We'll probably all be planning experts by the end of this.

I think we'll need a Soulsby emoticon to get us through it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Won't matter as long as those wanting to create the noise are banded together consistently, then the others can be in other areas of the ground. 

Worrying about empty seats is (another) very English oddity. 

Let's hope they take the opportunity to put like minded people together rather than the total FU they made when we moved from Filbo by lumping the whole of the South Stand upper and the kop together in the new South Stand.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

On this UFS are taking some down tomorrow as our own fans have been pinching them.

Edited by baker11
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Expect Leicester City Council to make this as difficult as possible.

They've already threatened to move to the County if the City Council made things difficult, as we're now forging ahead with this I'm confident they will have had preliminary discussions with the City Planners

This is excellent news and confirms the club is moving in the right direction with an owner who is looking to maintain the long term success of the team we all support.

...yes there will be issues with the expansion but on balance this is better than what we have currently.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

so the regulars will have any chances of building an atmosphere ruined again to cater for the fans who want to come once a year to watch us if we play a good team or if we’re any good? seems legit. 

Not really you can still create an atmosphere if you want. 

I used to go to 10 -15 games a year for the last 25 years but then after the great escape season I could barely get a ticket as we suddenly attracted several thousand 'die hard' fans, many of which don't even support Leicester as their first team.

I look forward to be able to go to games again with my daughters.

• Like 2