Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

26 minutes ago, baker11 said:

On this UFS are taking some down tomorrow as our own fans have been pinching them.

Fvck me, really!? 

Shame because most of them are great.

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Ohhhh that's interesting...! I am probably being a bit stupid, but can't quite see how they can expand the stadium as it is with it being a Bowl rather than four separate stands... 

Ive got an inkling we are going underground and playing on a glass pitch , but alas, ive been wrong before.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great news and needed but just a little anxious, I still remember how moving to the Walkers was coupled with relegation and admin.

Hopefully we have a decent summer and kick on as a team.

Guest CityFan 06

Exciting times ahead, what with the new training complex as well. It will be interesting to see how the developments shape out. 

Edited by CityFan 06

2 minutes ago, woznotwos said:
4 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Ive got an inkling we are going underground and playing on a glass pitch , but alas, ive been wrong before.

Cheers for clearing that up, I was completely thrown. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Livid said:

Great news and needed but just a little anxious, I still remember how moving to the Walkers was coupled with relegation and admin.

There is stupid money about now. The owners make millions from the Premier League every season as well as more money from winning it and playing in the Champions League.

If we want to grow as a club then we need to do this. If Brighton can go from having 7k crowds to 25k in less than a decade then we can get 37-40k too.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Livid said:

That was more to do with going from MON to Taylor, of course you're onlyas good as your current/last manager and there's always a risk we could mess it up by the time the stadium is ready - see WBA, possibly Southampton and Stoke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Has been on the cards for years.

At least it rules out a new stadium site..

He should try and get out of the city after the game.., and see how bad it can get - and liaise with the council in how to improve it.

Free helicopter for every fan? Try moaning about that yer ungrateful bastards.

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There is stupid money about now. The owners make millions from the Premier League every season as well as more money from winning it and playing in the Champions League.

And we're spending stupid money on wages, training ground and stadium expansion. If we went down, there would be problems. Maybe not administration, but lots of cost cutting for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

And we're spending stupid money on wages, training ground and stadium expansion. If we went down, there would be problems. Maybe not administration, but lots of cost cutting for a long time. 

Bah humbug ! ... 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

If we want to grow as a club then we need to do this. If Brighton can go from having 7k crowds to 25k in less than a decade then we can get 37-40k too.

I watched City v Grimsby on a Wednesday night with about 11,000 there in the league. I'm sure many have seen smaller crowds.

Baffling that some don't realise better facilities, more availability, and a high level of football can bring about growth. But people can't look past one or two years. These things are measured over decades. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I watched City v Grimsby on a Wednesday night with about 11,000 there in the league. I'm sure many have seen smaller crowds.

Baffling that some don't realise better facilities, more availability, and a high level of football can bring about growth. But people can't look past one or two years. These things are measured over decades. 

Middlesborough game back in the championship a few years back, a Friday night on Sky with torrential snow and ice making getting in almost impossible, was a small gate there i remember.

Edit: Just found it, 8,500 on 19th Jan 2013 

Edited by UniFox21

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I see your 11,000 and raise you 6,155 Shrewsbury '83.  Jeeez it was cold that night.  Oh and we got promoted that season.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's why there's parachute payments now, to prevent what happened to the likes of Bradford and Leeds

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

nope, i get that not a lot of people who post on here will remember the days when we didn’t sell out because they haven’t supported us for long enough, but trust me the worst part about those championship days was getting there and having a row to yourself and trying to get a song going with the empty seats on either side of you. 

i don’t want that to happen again. i doubt we’ll sell as many STs this summer as we did last year or the year before. ticket sales are decreasing as the fans are getting bored with mid table already. seems shrewd to add an extra 25% capacity i guess. yeah. 

I think there’s a lot more fans who are in the position of “I’ve been trying to get a season ticket for the last 3 seasons” than “fans getting bored with mid table” 

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Has been on the cards for years.

At least it rules out a new stadium site..

He should try and get out of the city after the game.., and see how bad it can get - and liaise with the council in how to improve it.

Don't worry, Soulsby is already planning to halve the capacity of Narborough Road from Fulhurst Avenue to Upperton Road to extend the bus lane. That should help things out - oh no, wait not "help", what's that other word - totally **** it up - yes that's it. Pre match it will jam all the way from Upperton Road, to Braunstone Lane crossroads, where it will meet the existing standing traffic at those lights, make it worse, jam back to Fosse Park, and maybe back out onto the motorway and outer ring road too. ****ing genius.

Fantastic! Our owners are great. This will be looked into properly with all aspects catered for, not just numbers. Safe standing, improved press and hospitality areas, and a family stand that actually has families in it and a more impressive façade.

It's their brand and they won't skimp on it.

Anyone moans about the extra traffic can do one; it wont just be a bolt on of an extra 10K of seats.

• Like 1

Add another bank of seating all around the ground to make capacity up to 40000, offer existing members the chance of season ticket, scrap the membership scheme and basically if you aint a season ticket will be paying inflated prices for a seat in the highest part of the ground, they been ripping members off for years,  so time to pick on someone else. 

Edited by southfox66